April 18, 2024, 09:23:42 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Ozma file repository?

Started by antiuser, January 06, 2006, 01:52:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

I uploaded the new podcast spoken of in the new myspace blog.

WhoYouCallinWeez

CT-700

Kyosho

Did anyone ever get a good version of Barriers on there?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I like ozma

ShortyMac

So, I think someone out there was listening to my prayers. I've been thinking lately that I wanted to find some of OZMA's old unreleased stuff so I could hear it. Every time it popped in to my head, however, there was no computer nearby. Today, it popped in while I was on my laptop! So since I had no idea where I could find any such recordings, I figured the best place to look was on the OZMA fans forum. Lo and Behold, the very first discussion topic was this OZMA repository. I was very happy! to say the least. That is all!
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

gloom-glaam

And just in time for Christmas.

ShortyMac

CantelopeSKIZ! Haven't seen you since Yes Dear forum went down. I'm so excited that I got this just in time for Christmas!
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

beni

lol hey shorty mac. i know you from the yes dear board too

CT-700

For anyone outside the loop of things:

2/2/01 TX bootleg has been uploaded by Rock Candy.

7/7/06 CA bootleg has been uploaded by me.

I like ozma

the texas bootleg was on my 13th birthday. woo hoo

theozman

oh so you celebrate birthdays. with such a strong comment I would think that you were a pagan.
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

I like ozma

i never mentioned the fact of celebrating it, i just brought out the interesting fact that it was on my birthday.

brad

March 27, 2007, 02:23:53 pm #193 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:19:38 pm by brad
I found two strange demos of "Come Home Andrea" and "Spending Time" on my comp today.  Uploading to server now.

edit* - both files are up under the file names: ozma - spending time (demo) AND ozma - come home andrea (demo)

CT-700

March 27, 2007, 04:33:29 pm #194 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:47:55 pm by CT-700
Awesome, thanks a lot buddy. I haven't listened to them yet, I'll comment on them when I do.

EDIT: Lol at the randomness of the ST demo, with the "Badadadadadumdums" and "make it up as they go" style lyrics. Its like they shout whatever they want at the prechoruses/choruses. I realize this must be a very early demo version, still though its hilarious. The CHA demo is pretty straight forward. I wonder, does anyone else have anymore of these demos?

brad

Quote from: CT-700 on March 27, 2007, 04:33:29 pmI wonder, does anyone else have anymore of these demos?

I think brummel88 might...

Kyosho

April 04, 2007, 09:48:24 am #196 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:57:30 am by Kyosho
Ripped and uploaded the new Myspace tracks. Look for Ozma - 4-4-07.

Edit: For some reason they sound like crap now. I swear they didn't before. Hmm.

Edit2: Nevermind. Seems it was my EQ settings on Winamp that made them sound horrible. Turned off my EQ and they sounded just like the ones on Myspace.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

gloom-glaam

April 04, 2007, 01:50:04 pm #197 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:03:56 pm by CantelopeSkiz
Do we really have the right to do this? If Ozma didn't want them to downloaded then shouldn't we respect that? ???

Edit: Finished downloading them, they sound awesome. Thank you

Kyosho

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on April 04, 2007, 01:50:04 pm
Do we really have the right to do this? If Ozma didn't want them to downloaded then shouldn't we respect that? ???

Edit: Finished downloading them, they sound awesome. Thank you

Haha, bit hypocritical aren't we? If you can listen to them whenever you want on Myspace, then I don't see the harm in having the file. Especially seeing as the sound quality is pretty bad. Then again I'm an audiophile. Also, it's not like everyone on the planet knows of the file respository. Anyways, if there's a problem, I'm sure antiuser will remove them if requested.

And if the band truly is offended, I apologize.

gloom-glaam

That's reasonable enough for me.

brad

i don't think there's any reason they need to be in the file repository.  you guys can't just listen through their myspace and wait 40 more days to have these legally and in better quality?  less than 6 weeks guys.  we're lucky to have 3 tracks from the album posted up.

Jeff42

My reason is so they scrobble on last.fm when I listen to them.

funwithsponges

Quote from: brad on April 05, 2007, 08:29:40 am
i don't think there's any reason they need to be in the file repository.  you guys can't just listen through their myspace and wait 40 more days to have these legally and in better quality?  less than 6 weeks guys.  we're lucky to have 3 tracks from the album posted up.

If a band willfully posts tracks on the internet, I take that as an indication to do what you will with them.  Surely that argument wouldn't stand up in court, but it's 2007.  Bands know by know what happens when you put stuff out on the internet.

Would you be opposed to people downloading them straight from their myspace page?  Is that different?

brad

Yes that would be different because the band would have made them available for download. 

I don't agree with the ripping of these because we know we are going to get these in little over 5 weeks time.  I agree with the ripping of "Barriers" last September when we didn't know what would become of it.  However in this case we know we'll be getting these songs and that they will be available for sale.  Ozma has spent a long time trying to perfect this album and when we get it, it'll sound that much better.  I just think its a respect thing and don't think its that hard to go to ozmaonline.com or myspace.com/ozma to hear them (which I've must've done over 100 times haha).

simpleton

Alex

Being in a band and having just finished the master lof some of the songs from an upcoming album, if they're good enough quality to put up on myspace..  That means they want people to hear it.  As much as possible, in any way possible.  This is only giving them more promotion, they'll end up reaching more people, selling more albums, because of this.  They know what they're doing.
We can blast way inside

brad

When you rip the songs off of myspace, the files lose quality.

hipsun

buy the record and all myspace ripping will be forgiven!

funwithsponges

Quote from: brad on April 06, 2007, 05:59:55 am
Yes that would be different because the band would have made them available for download.

Isn't that what happened though?  The band put them on the internet at a website where it is possible to download the tracks.  And now they are up on an Ozma fan message board.  I figure better here than Soulseek or Oink or something, right?

And obviously the quality isn't the issue.  People just wanna hear new shit, even if it is compressed to hell on myspace.

And besides all this discussion, the band knows they say one word, and the songs will be removed.  Rip first and ask questions later.

Not Jason

Well, they didn't make them available for download.  They can only be streamed from the page.  They didn't select the option to let people download the 128k MP3, and therefor, what you're hearing in these rips is probably a rough capture of the stream, which seldom sounds very good (I haven't actually listened to these files though, so maybe I'm wrong).  All ethical issues about stealing music aside, the real problem I see with this is that the songs are being presented in such low quality.  And yeah, they don't sound any worse than they do streaming on myspace, but in the latter context, people know what to expect.  In MP3s, they have a different set of assumptions.  If I worked really hard on a record to make it sound Samuel, and I knew MP3s of it were floating around that made is sound bad, I'd be disappointed.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.