April 18, 2024, 08:45:43 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

2006_03_17 To the Leader of the band

Started by k, March 17, 2006, 01:35:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k

hi this is kenn of ozma,

ryen and i recorded a song today entitled "to the leader of the band".  it's in the file repository.  check it.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

Not Jason

My initial reaction:  "There's no 'Ken' in Ozma, what the fuck?"

Then I remembered, "Oh yeah, there is a Ken in Ozma, I see how this works."

Anyway, I listened.  Rad song.  You guys should inject some of this weirdness into general Ozma tunes, it would make for a fun sound.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I get the feeling that Kenn is going to be a fine addition to the Ozma team.  I like what he brings to the table.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

butterfly

Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 03:11:04 am
My initial reaction:Ã,  "There's no 'Ken' in Ozma, what the fuck?"

Anyway, I listened.Ã,  Rad song.Ã,  You guys should inject some of this weirdness into general Ozma tunes, it would make for a fun sound.

great drum play but i'll be honest, i don't like what i hear. no offence i like ozma but this is not even music man

Zombie Don Ho

hipsun

Quote from: butterfly on March 17, 2006, 09:24:44 am

great drum play but i'll be honest, i don't like what i hear. no offence i like ozma but this is not even music man

what is required for something to be music?

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Ianny

This is so freaky and awesome at the same time.  It's one hell of a trip and I dig it.  Right on!
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Zombie Don Ho

it's not weird at all, It's the anthem for anyone who's ever tried to rehearse a band at their house. :rockinit:

Not Jason

My initial reaction:Ã,  "There's no 'Ken' in Ozma, what the fuck?"

Anyway, I listened.Ã,  Rad song.Ã,  You guys should inject some of this weirdness into general Ozma tunes, it would make for a fun sound.

It's all those Mae Shi influences.  Tainted the band forever.

Seriously though, of course it's music.  It's got rhythm, it's got melody.  What else do you want?
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: that i like ozma fellow sure was lame on March 17, 2006, 11:44:09 am
it doesnt sound like ozma.

Well, if his description is accurate, it's not quite Ozma.

Personally, even though I suspect this to be just sort of a goofy excercise of sorts, I wouldn't mind some of this sort of stuff being tried in Ozma.  While I do love classic Ozma sounds, throwing everyone for a loop now and again would make things nice and interresting.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

they should post the rest of their new songs while theyre at it

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

Quote from: that i like ozma fellow sure was lame on March 17, 2006, 11:54:15 am

There's probably a reason why they're not. Ã, This was probably posted because it's a weird side-project that will likely never be played again. Ã, As for the new Ozma songs, I'm sure they'd prefer keep us hanging for a while. Ã, Such is my suspicion at least. Ã, I wouldn't mind hearing them either though.
I am the baseball.

oatmeal

Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 11:57:30 am
Quote from: that i like ozma fellow sure was lame on March 17, 2006, 11:54:15 am

There's probably a reason why they're not.  This was probably posted because it's a weird side-project that will likely never be played again.  As for the new Ozma songs, I'm sure they'd prefer keep us hanging for a while.  Such is my suspicion at least.  I wouldn't mind hearing them either though.
Yeah their probally still working on their more serious stuff so It sounds great.

omg.

when I first read all these replies--before I heard the song--I thought this song was going to be like bad as a "joke."

What is wrong with you guys!?  Ozma fans need to open their minds a bit!  This is great.

brad

Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 11:25:09 am
My initial reaction:  "There's no 'Ken' in Ozma, what the fuck?"

Anyway, I listened.  Rad song.  You guys should inject some of this weirdness into general Ozma tunes, it would make for a fun sound.

It's all those Mae Shi influences.  Tainted the band forever.

Seriously though, of course it's music.  It's got rhythm, it's got melody.  What else do you want?

Quote from: oatmeal on March 17, 2006, 11:26:20 am
Daniel Brummel.

+1

Not Jason

Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on March 17, 2006, 12:15:15 pm
omg.

when I first read all these replies--before I heard the song--I thought this song was going to be like bad as a "joke."

What is wrong with you guys!?Ã,  Ozma fans need to open their minds a bit!Ã,  This is great.

I do like it.

(I was going to put that in italics, but then I remembered who I was talking to)
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

oatmeal

no offence but just becuase someone dosent like it becuase it sounds diffrent does not mean they dont have an open mind. I mean its fun and some of the sounds are cool but its not something I can get into like thier other stuff. This probally has to do with it being a mess aroung song.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: The Other Mike on March 17, 2006, 01:01:31 pm
Quote from: That I like ozma fellow sure was lame. on March 17, 2006, 11:44:09 am
it doesnt sound like ozma.

This is what a lot of people said when Spending Time came out.
you're what a lot of people said when Spending Time came out!

I like ozma

savewhatyouare

ahahaha. i dig it. in a complete objective point of view of course.

however, if ozma came out with an album full of these songs, i'd be pretty much dissapointed.

Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 12:43:56 pm
Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on March 17, 2006, 12:15:15 pm
omg.

What is wrong with you guys!?Ã,  Ozma fans need to open their minds a bit!Ã,  This is great.

I do like it.

(I was going to put that in italics, but then I remembered who I was talking to)

Oh I could certainly tell that you liked it Jason.Ã,  That wasn't directed at you.Ã,  I think it's great.  Thanks for the bolding.

I like ozma

ironbird

Ha, this sounds like something Crispin Glover would make. 

check this out...

http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_feb/feb08_crispin_glover.html

the song is called clowny clown clown.  enjoy!
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

Not Jason

Quote from: ironbird on March 17, 2006, 06:49:04 pm
Ha, this sounds like something Crispin Glover would make.Ã, 

check this out...

http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_feb/feb08_crispin_glover.html

the song is called clowny clown clown.Ã,  enjoy!

PSH, I'm familiar with the works of Crispin Glover, and this is nothing like his music.

However, I forgive you for wanting to bring up Crispin Glover.  The man is a genius.
I am the baseball.