News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

any cover

Started by I like ozma, March 17, 2006, 01:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

what song would you want to hear ozma cover

Nordel

i wouldn't mind hearing them cover some hum or maybe some beatles.

oatmeal

Oogum Boogum Song-Brenton Wood

I like ozma

i cant think of the name of it but its from the crash test dummies, i think its just called "mmm mmm mmm" or something. i like the weird al version

oatmeal

I like ozma

i can hear the keyboard/guitar melody in my head right now

savewhatyouare

the beatles- here, there and everywhere

Not Jason

Quote from: That I like ozma fellow sure was lame. on March 17, 2006, 03:21:47 pm
i cant think of the name of it but its from the crash test dummies, i think its just called "mmm mmm mmm" or something. i like the weird al version

I'm not just saying this because it's you.

That's a horrifying notion.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Scott Peltz

"take my breath away"

gloom-glaam

i'd like to hear a Franz Ferdinand song cover
ifnot piebald or teen heroes would be swell

I like ozma

Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 07:11:38 pm
Quote from: That I like ozma fellow sure was lame. on March 17, 2006, 03:21:47 pm

yeah right

Not Jason

Quote from: That I like ozma fellow sure was lame. on March 17, 2006, 10:43:54 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on March 17, 2006, 07:11:38 pm

yeah right

A little full of ourselves aren't we?  I just remember that song from it's extremely overplayed period, and it's not something I want to relive.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

antiuser

I think Ozma could pull off a very cool sounding version of The Carpenters' Yesterday Once More... but they've already done Superstar so I guess I should think of another band.

Fantastic Max

I could see Ryen and Dan pullin off good vocals in The Beatles' "Hey Bulldog"
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

returnofdisco

Quote from: ozmacity on March 18, 2006, 01:51:43 am
good call.  That or "Here Comes the Sun"....cool keyboard line in that song.  If they want to pull off something super special they could do "A Day in the Life" oh snap!
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

Fantastic Max

Quote from: returnofdisco on March 21, 2006, 02:02:06 pm
good call.Ã,  That or "Here Comes the Sun"....cool keyboard line in that song.Ã,  If they want to pull off something super special they could do "A Day in the Life" oh snap!
Dan: "I read the news today, oh boooyyy" hahaha
-Donkey Lips

oatmeal

Quote from: returnofdisco on March 21, 2006, 02:02:06 pm
good call.  That or "Here Comes the Sun"....cool keyboard line in that song.  If they want to pull off something super special they could do "A Day in the Life" oh snap!

Hey I think they could pull it off. It would be funny and sound cool.

I like ozma

hahaha, it would funny if ryen sang the "woke up fell out of bed, DRAGGED A COMB ACROSS MY HEAD" part

Kurtzie

I see the joke, but anyway I always pictured Daniel being Pauls voice and Ryen being John.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

I like ozma

maybe its the dan/paul=bass, ryen/john=guitar

Kurtzie

Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

tom

crimson and clover - tommy and the shondells.
lovely.

sadmachine

"eye in the sky" by alan parsons project.

Kyosho

They've cited ELO as being an influence before. I'd love to see them cover an ELO song. Maybe even one of the crazier ones like "Yours Truly, 2095". In fact, I can already hear it in my head. Dan singing lead. Maybe trading off with Ryen.

Dan: "I sent a message to another time, but as the days unwind, this I just can't believe."

Ryen: "I sent a note across another plain, maybe it's all a game, but this I just can't concieve."

Etcetera. Of course they wouldn't be singing in falsetto, which would make it cooler. Man, I can totally hear an Ozma-ized version of this in my head.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Kurtzie on March 22, 2006, 11:15:13 am
I see the joke, but anyway I always pictured Daniel being Pauls voice and Ryen being John.
I see where you're coming from.

Dan does have the more harmonized voice like Paul, and Ryen has the more gritty tone kinda like John.
-Donkey Lips

Zombie Don Ho

I'd like to hear them do 'Major Tom'.

FireAarro

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Quote from: les cambrioleurs on March 23, 2006, 10:15:15 pm
Are you referring to David Bowie's "Space Oddity"? Or is there some other song called "Major Tom"?
-Donkey Lips

bulb dylan

Quote from: ozmacity on March 23, 2006, 11:00:43 pm
Are you referring to David Bowie's "Space Oddity"? Or is there some other song called "Major Tom"?

"Major Tom" by Peter Schilling

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Yellow Lightsaber on March 24, 2006, 02:08:12 am
Quote from: ozmacity on March 23, 2006, 11:00:43 pm

"Major Tom" by Peter Schilling
Alright.
-Donkey Lips