Started by Andy, November 22, 2004, 11:41:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

from his myspace page:

Daniel Brummel

November, 26 2004 at Hotel Cafe
1623 1/2 N Cahuenga Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028
Cost: $6

Daniel Brummel solo set will commence at 9 p.m. at the sensually intimate Hotel Cafe. Also performing: Renata.

The Other Mike

OH THANK GOD, FINALLY THE WEST COAST GETS SOME SHOWS!

/still bitter about the colby show
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

amish

Quote from: The Other Mike on November 22, 2004, 03:30:53 pm
OH THANK GOD, FINALLY THE WEST COAST GETS SOME SHOWS!

/still bitter about the colby show

Bob511

November 23, 2004, 12:54:44 am #3 Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 12:56:29 am by Bob511
Oh damn, Friday?  Anytime after that, but Friday?

The night before I'll be in San Diego; I've such perfect timing. :-\

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

TearYouApart

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

Bob511

Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2004, 01:32:52 pm
accurate.
Not even slightly.  That map should have four dots within California, tops; outside of that there's jack shit to care about.

The Other Mike

Not Jason

Quote from: Bob511 on November 23, 2004, 02:35:00 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2004, 01:32:52 pm
accurate.
Not even slightly.Ã,  That map should have four dots within California, tops; outside of that there's jack shit to care about.

four gigantic extra special dots... stars even, four extra special stars.

and boston isn't bad for shows.  if i lived there i'd probably never complain, but i mean, compare a boston pollstar search to like, a sanfrancisco pollstar search for any given week, and we get our asses kicked.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

yeah the dots should be weighted like those political maps.

Bob511

Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2004, 03:34:53 pmfour gigantic extra special dots... stars even, four extra special stars.
San Diego and especially San Jose are hardly worth mentioning for shows, though.  Especially on a map that neglects Austin and Boston.

SF and LA have their fair share of shows, but California is really a bit overrated when it comes to available shows within close proximity; you're much better off living near NYC or DC.  Being on a board concerning a small indie band from LA kind of obscures that truth....

Not Jason

Quote from: Bob511 on November 23, 2004, 03:41:46 pm
you're much better off living near NYC or DC.Ã,  Being on a board concerning a small indie band from LA kind of obscures that truth....

the truth of the matter is though, for me at least, that the vast majority of bands i'd want to see are either from california or relocate to california eventually.  even TMBG, from boston/new york was scheduled for 3 dates in a row in sf one time when i was doing a side by side comparison of shows localy vs in california.  I'd flip out if something that cool would happen near me.*

*death cab, who i love, did play two consecutive shows in boston, but i missed them, grr.  that is the only time that i can remember that i've had an opportunity exactly of that sort.
I am the baseball.

TearYouApart

Yes, Boston should get a dot, too.

As for California though, I still maintain that proportion-wise you have the most number of concerts per given state being that a lot of bands reside somewhere in California, whether it be San Fransico, San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, etc... Local and Residency shows are more common there.

this was mainly to show the revelance that you kinda have to go through the midwest to get from NY (and down the east coast) over to California. Most premier bands / national tours skip over smaller cities such as Kansas City and although more rare, sometimes St. Louis. The major stops in the entire midwest are Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Dallas/Austin, all about 8+ hours away from me.

personal bitching/wah because i happen to live in kansas:  :'( WAH :'( WAH :'( WAH :'(

lisa marie

Yea. Houston is a really great place but we tend to get skipped over for concerts.
They hit Austin and say "ehhh...close enough"
i'm bitter too...

Not Jason

Quote from: Lisa Marie on November 23, 2004, 11:03:44 pm
Yea. Houston is a really great place but we tend to get skipped over for concerts.
i'm bitter too...

psh, it's not like texas is that big of a state...
I am the baseball.

kitten

Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2004, 11:11:39 pm
i'm bitter too...

exactly, if we can drive from dallas to austin, you can make it from houston to austin.

lisa marie

Quote from: kitten on November 24, 2004, 08:44:21 am
Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2004, 11:11:39 pm
i'm bitter too...

exactly, if we can drive from dallas to austin, you can make it from houston to austin.
Yea, but I'm 17.
This summer will be road trips galore...i hope...

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

heysarahsarah

Dear Dan,

I am certian you take everything I say entirely to heart and so I'm extremely distraught....when I SAID you should have a show when you were home over Thanksgiving, I clearly meant WHEN I COULD GO!  :'(

I have nothing to complain about, I will do so anyway.

Any chance you're back for Christmas?   :-\

<3 4eva anyway,
Sarah
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

phatpubah

Quote from: Andy on November 22, 2004, 11:41:13 am
from his myspace page:

Daniel Brummel

November, 26 2004 at Hotel Cafe
1623 1/2 N Cahuenga Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028
Cost: $6

Daniel Brummel solo set will commence at 9 p.m. at the sensually intimate Hotel Cafe. Also performing: Renata.
...dammit i need to come to this board more often
CPL593H