April 15, 2024, 09:20:44 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Is there a new ozma demo? (p.s. I am a douche)

Started by ActionExplosion, July 27, 2006, 04:46:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionExplosion

July 27, 2006, 04:46:55 am Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:44:37 pm by The Other Mike
Did that get put out yet?

Hope so  :o

FireAarro

grr i thought there was gonna be news in this thread
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

lonely_hearts

Not Jason

Yeah, what the fuck is the deal with this thread.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

hipsun

you want some news?

i spoke to kenn a few days ago. they recorded 8 songs. they still need to fix a few things and get them mixed. not sure if all eight are gonna be finished. kenn didn't say, but i'm assuming this means no new ozma will be coming out of your computer speakers until after the tour.

songs i know they recorded....
straight flush
cool song
barriers
fight the darkness

barriers and fight the darkness are ryen songs.

gloom-glaam

on their site they also mentioned songs called hands On The Wheel and Kid Icarus

I like ozma

does anyone know if "barriers" is the yes dear "barriers"?

ActionExplosion

Sorry i tried to edit it so it would say " Did the new ozma demos come out yet?" But it wont work.

audiotohear

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on July 27, 2006, 10:53:03 am
on their site they also mentioned songs called hands On The Wheel and Kid Icarus

I saw them play "Hands On The Wheel" at UCLA
along with a handful of their other new songs.
The new album will not be a let down.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 27, 2006, 10:54:53 am
does anyone know if "barriers" is the yes dear "barriers"?
I'm assuming so as they both are written by Ryen.

Lando_Calrissian

Quote from: hipsun on July 27, 2006, 10:32:19 am
cool song

Must be good!

I don't think Yes Dear's 'Barriers' is anything special, so if it's the same song I hope they've made it better.

I'm looking forward to hearing some new stuff. It's been far too long.

Pro-active.

Zombie Don Ho

i'm thinking 'Kid Icarus' and 'Cool Song' are likely to be the one and the same...

Not Jason

I'm not familiar with the Yes Dear song, "Barriers".
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

savewhatyouare

Quote from: Lando_Calrissian on July 27, 2006, 03:29:16 pm
Quote from: hipsun on July 27, 2006, 10:32:19 am
cool song

Must be good!

I don't think Yes Dear's 'Barriers' is anything special, so if it's the same song I hope they've made it better.

I'm looking forward to hearing some new stuff. It's been far too long.

I liked 'Barriers,' but really liked 'Waking The Dead.'

Fantastic Max

I wouldn't be terribly opposed to bring over "Imaginary Wheels" too..that shit was off the hook, yo.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

jvstin

i always thought barriers would fit right in as an ozma song. it is highly likely that it's a work in progress... it should end up as a really cool song.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

supertux

Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 10:37:18 pm
i always thought barriers would fit right in as an ozma song. it is highly likely that it's a work in progress... it should end up as a really cool song.

When I first listened to barriers I thought "wow, this sounds like something ozma would do".  I'm looking forward to seeing if Ozma changes it around a little bit...

Indoor Fireworks

A quote taken from one of their recent My Space bulletin posts:

"We also have an updated blog and some pictures from the studio. CHECK BACK because we'll be loading up a NEW song soon on our page."

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
You have balls. I like balls.

Nordel

The chorus to Barriers reminds me of the title screen music to Megaman 2.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Not Jason on July 27, 2006, 07:03:58 pm
I'm not familiar with the Yes Dear song, "Barriers".

Yeah where did you guys get this?  It's not on the cd, it doesn't look like it's on their myspace.

I like ozma

i think it was if you were a member of the yes dear community they let you download it or something, i dont exactly remember

funwithsponges

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 28, 2006, 03:20:47 pm
i think it was if you were a member of the yes dear community they let you download it or something, i dont exactly remember

Could someone upload it to the file repository?  Would that be a copyright violation?

Bob511

July 28, 2006, 03:42:15 pm #22 Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:47:31 pm by Bob511
Yeah, I'm putting it up there.  I'd link to it on the site (it's still up), but for that particular demo they requested to not hand out the members-area login info (though that was almost a year ago and the forums are down so no one new can sign up as a member now, so it's probably a silly thing to protect, but whatever, that's what they asked).

http://ozma.antiuser.org/downloadtrack.php?file=yesdear-barriers.mp3
Login info in the repository thread, of course.

Zombie Don Ho

July 28, 2006, 03:44:21 pm #23 Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:47:14 pm by ))<>(( back and forth forever
'barriers', 'waking the dead', and 'ready to go' were Ryen songs handed out on the interwow after they'd done that first CD business. I don't see how it would be a problem.

oh yeah, speaking of Yes Dear... did anyone catch The Elected on Jimmy Kimmell Live the other night? Nate Greely had Dan's bass and vocal duties. He did a really good job.

Fantastic Max

Dude Barriers is terrible.

I mean it as a few semi-good parts, but for the most part...eh.
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

tis not mike other

Nordel

I think Surf the Intensity would make a great Ozma song.

FireAarro

Quote from: Indoor Fireworks on July 28, 2006, 09:36:00 am
A quote taken from one of their recent My Space bulletin posts:

"We also have an updated blog and some pictures from the studio. CHECK BACK because we'll be loading up a NEW song soon on our page."

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

How long ago was this? I thought it was quite a while back.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Imaginary Wheels kicks all their asses. Sorry.
-Donkey Lips