April 18, 2024, 01:58:00 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Wow suprised Pasedena hasn't leaked yet.

Started by ActionExplosion, April 28, 2007, 09:48:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionExplosion

I don't do much illegal downloading, and when i do i always end up buying, but is anyone else surprised that this hasn't leaked yet? I thought for sure it would be on oink by now :p

Kyosho

Uh.. You do realize it's a GOOD thing it hasn't leaked, right? You do want this album to sell well, don't you?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

CT-700

Quote from: ActionExplosion on April 28, 2007, 09:48:24 am
I don't do much illegal downloading, and when i do i always end up buying, but is anyone else surprised that this hasn't leaked yet? I thought for sure it would be on oink by now :p

Silly silly guygot.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Kyosho on April 28, 2007, 10:48:12 am
Uh.. You do realize it's a GOOD thing it hasn't leaked, right? You do want this album to sell well, don't you?

eh, a leak probably wouldn't have that much of an effect on album sales.  The album's gonna find it's way to the internet one way or another, and I for one won't buy an album without downloading it first (or finding some other way to listen to it).
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

NewYorkerNick

April 28, 2007, 12:18:46 pm #4 Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:23:00 pm by NewYorkerNick
Wow it's been a while since I've come on here...

Well my roommate works for a website called www.Insidepulse.com and it's his job to review cds before they come out. Check out his section, he did a really good one on the Bright Eyes review.

Anyway point is, TODAY he got the album and I felt the need to come back to this message board and announce that it sounds pretty awesome. Of course as his roommate, and a HUGE fan of Ozma, hah, I was able to hear the album as he was collaborating his review. I was of course going to buy it the first day it comes out. Out of huge respect for Ozma I won't contribute in pirating or illegal downloading but I will say it's an Samuel album. And I suppose I'll post whenever his review of the album is ready. So yeah, no proof other than his review that will be posted in a couple days. Sorry. :-)

Edit: Due to finals in school this week, he let me know it will be up in a week, not a couple days.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

tom

Quote from: ActionExplosion on April 28, 2007, 11:36:57 am

Don't be annoying I said I was surprised it hasn't leaked yet and never gave my opinion on file sharing or its effects....

And furthermore I like most people on here would buy the album (Or any album) despite a leak.  I just like to listen as soon as I can.  I'm not a waiter  :P
English as second language?

Quote from: The Other Mike on April 28, 2007, 11:31:51 am

eh, a leak probably wouldn't have that much of an effect on album sales.  The album's gonna find it's way to the internet one way or another, and I for one won't buy an album without downloading it first (or finding some other way to listen to it).

I agree I do like to hear an album before I buy it these days.  And I do buy them even when I've downloaded them.

However, I already have OZMA's preordered from Amazon.  And probably, if it does leak, I'll check it out because Amazon could take longer than expected.

I somewhat admire the people who won't listen to an album until they have the actual physical copy in their hands, but I don't really have that kinda patience if the music is right in front of me and my physical album is assumed to be "on it's way."

Also, from what I've heard, I am very impressed by the new material.  There was a point that I was a little worried when I heard they were remaking 2 songs, but from personal opinions I've heard so far, I'm expecting it to be Samuel.

SteveLikesOzma

With the album on sale at shows, it probably will leak soon, and I will download it...I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you plan on buying it when it comes out(which i do).

Fantastic Max

I bought 3 copies last night when they played here in Bakersfield.

Don't think I'm gonna put it up for download..I mean, it comes out officially in like 2 weeks.
My friend did however attain the title of "person to buy the first copy sold at shows" Bastard.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

dflat

You could let us hardcore ozmafans get a taste of the album....seeing as 99% of us will be buying it to support the band anyway...... ;D    and yes i know i dont post a lot, but im a frequent reader

weezer420

No offense, but I don't think that Ozma is big enough for an album to leak. I mean if you look at whose albums do leak out on the internet it's mostly mainstream bands you hear on the radio, which most are cookie cutter bands that suck. Not that I'm dissing Ozma, but just pointing something out.

Quote from: weezer420 on May 02, 2007, 10:13:34 am
No offense, but I don't think that Ozma is big enough for an album to leak. I mean if you look at whose albums do leak out on the internet it's mostly mainstream bands you hear on the radio, which most are cookie cutter bands that suck. Not that I'm dissing Ozma, but just pointing something out.

I'm not sure if that's necessarily true.  With the way bit torrents are so popular these days, I'm always surprised by what leaks early.  Sure, OZMA isn't a BIG deal, but it only takes one person with access to it to put it online.  --It's obviously an issue of widespread popularity as well-- but like I said, it only takes one person.

dflat

I agree, "small" stuff leaks all the time.  Usually with smaller bands, there aren't as much restrictions from labels and stuff to stop it leaking, i.e. more friends are getting it earlier, and reviewers, etc.  Any one could post it online, and seeing as how ozma is on a pretty small and unknown label and they are already selling it at shows, means they don't care about setting up hype for the release date, thus making it all the more suprising it hasn't leaked.

tom

I think you're an asshole if you leak it.

danorganplayer

If anything just leak D song..

but besides that i find it odd..no one has commented on the album, considering people apparently HAVE IT.

brad

i find it weird that there hasn't been any talk about it either, however, by no means do i think any part of it should leak.  you can live 13 more days.

danorganplayer

Brad I understand and agree..

But in honesty, majority here, will ..hell all of us here will buy the cd no matter what..

Me especially, and one song wont change that, but i understand anyways..

the wait is destroying me though....

The Argyle Rebellion

I'm buying two copies whether or not I get a leaked one.

My reasoning is that even if I can get a band's album for free, if they are a favorite group of mine I will buy the album no matter what.  Plus, they're supposed to be signing the album down at Rhino and I'm buying a copy for them to sign and a copy to play... the signed copy is getting framed and put in one of the few non-musical-memorabilia filled spots on my wall.  The copy to play?  I'll burn three copies and set the original aside so it doesn't get scratched.

I agree.  The waiting is hard, but I figure that when I get the album through Wal-Mart's site, it should be on or a little before the fifteenth, and when I listen, it will be even more Samuel.

danorganplayer

All im asking for ..is someone to describe the album ..whoever has it..

...and maybe underneath my tree..lmao I just want that song ..above anything!

CT-700

danorganplayer just wait, the cd will be better that way  ;)

Fantastic Max

My take on the album for anyone who wishes to get a tiny bit of a bearing on how it sounds/feels:

1. No One Needs to Know - Still kicks ass, but doesn't have the same feel as DDD, less Jewish sound. Less music, they make some instrumental parts shorter
2. Barriers - I don't know, I just can't get much into this song..reminds me too much of late Yes Dear which I didn't care for much. It's alright though.
3. Eponine - Nice remake, a lot more polished, but lacks a little of the feeling, yet they do play the more emotional chorus at the beginning instead of waiting till towards the end, and Ryen's badass solo at the end is cut a lot shorter.
4. Fight the Darkness - I think this song is cheesy. Again, not bad...just probably my least favorite.
5. Heartache vs. Heartbreak [Booklet says: AKA Should Have Been Love, AKA Perceptions of love (And Heartbreak Leading To A Catastrophic Wave of Emotional Destruction)] - Nice integration of the female vocals, has some real delicious hooks in there, pretty edgey/catchy  Oh and nice overlapping of voices towards the end
6. Incarnation Blues - Starts out with negative seconds with Star, Dan and Ryen doing a little intro where they talk (Haha, oh and Ryen totally nabbed the solo from Yes Dear's "Orion" at about 0:55, but I guess it's okay, cause I'm sure it's his licks anyway..kind of badass though dual guitars, sounds Iron Maiden-y)
7. Lunchbreak (Cobras Theme) - Haha this is cute. Good job Ryen. I really like this song, it starts out with a "Chopsticks"-esque piano thing, and then the distorted guitars come, and it kind of makes you wish the whole song was simpler without the electric guitars, but it's still good. Album title is mentioned.
8. Motorology 3:39 AKA Commuter Music (No. 2) Not a fan of the DJ-ish esque beginning of slowing it down and throwing in weird-timing drumbeats, but I do absolutely love at about 1:25 how the song changes and it gets reeally catchy. Eery guitar effect after that, it's nice.
9. I Wonder Multi-layering of Dan vocals, very nice..Sounds like a futuristic sounding Weezer's "Butterfly" haha, but not really, a helluva lot better, does have the crickets-sound in the background, ha. The harmonies are very solid. Kind of a spanish rythm in parts.
10. Underneath My Tree (D-Song) - Pasadena's "Imaginary Wheels" Ryen's great contribution to this cd. Easily my favorite song on the album, I've always loved D-Song, and it's even better than before, what with clear lyrics and more polished. Something I liked better in the original demo though was the 2nd "Whoa" from Dan after Ryen at the very end being later than this version. He comes in like a second earlier, and it kind of bugs me. Still good, but a lot more powerful in the demo. Oh and a total Satisfaction's "Nothing, Oh Nothing" moment at 2:53 with the walking up the neck with the bass notes. Samuel song.
11. Straight Flush - I like the Kenn's drums in this; very solid. Dan has some very powerful moments in this song. Very heartfelt at times. My favorite part is the dual metal guitar Jose/Ryen sounding parts, Samuel.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

The Other Mike

Quote from: The Argyle Rebellion on May 02, 2007, 03:18:46 pm

My reasoning is that even if I can get a band's album for free, if they are a favorite group of mine I will buy the album no matter what.  Plus, they're supposed to be signing the album down at Rhino and I'm buying a copy for them to sign and a copy to play... the signed copy is getting framed and put in one of the few non-musical-memorabilia filled spots on my wall.  The copy to play?  I'll burn three copies and set the original aside so it doesn't get scratched.

I agree.  The waiting is hard, but I figure that when I get the album through Wal-Mart's site, it should be on or a little before the fifteenth, and when I listen, it will be even more Samuel.

what the hell is the matter with you?

(not at the "buying an album by a band you love" thing, but rather the "treating said album with more care than if it were your firstborn child... and buying it from wal-mart" thing)

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

amish

Please stop begging for the album. Not the best place to be doing that sort of thing.

Quote from: Joe on May 03, 2007, 06:47:00 am
Please stop begging for the album. Not the best place to be doing that sort of thing.

Hey Joe, stop trying to use reverse psychology to beg for the album.

I know what you're up to.

izquierdista

Eponine was a bad idea. terrible actually.
it was on the LAST album and they dont do anything new with it.
No One Needs to Know is fine and i actually like this version better.
D Song is king.

Quote from: izquierdista on May 03, 2007, 10:39:06 am
D Song is king.

I believe it was at the request of producers.  And I don't think it's a terrible idea.  It is weird considering it was on their last album, but since we do get 9 other new (somewhat new) tracks from the album, I can't really complain.

tom

Quote from: izquierdista on May 03, 2007, 10:39:06 am
D Song is king.
Eponine is shorter, more polished, and that gay horn section was removed.

mike

I don't know you so I can't figure out if this is for real or a joke.  I'm really hoping the latter.  Album's are for listening to.  If it IS a joke then lol I suppose.
I'M YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T RESPECT YOU!

Quote from: mike on May 03, 2007, 01:31:40 pm

I don't know you so I can't figure out if this is for real or a joke.  I'm really hoping the latter.  Album's are for listening to.  If it IS a joke then lol I suppose.

Yeah... I would expect myself to agree... but I own 4 copies of "Something To Write Home About," all on vinyl, all different colored wax.   Not to mention my GUKRocket From The Crypt splits and GUK/Coalesce splits of which I own 8+ of each, all in different colored vinyl, all in shrinkwrap.  --Along with sealed Eudora & On A Wire LPs...  Not to mention my Bra!d singles and Superchunk singles... etc.

As for OZMA, I own both the Kung Fu and Tornado recordings of both DDD and R&RP3.  If you're a fan of shit, you like acquiring more related shit.  Personally, I don't need more than 1 copy of the exact same thing, unless one is sealed and one isn't...

Anyway, the point is... If he likes collecting stuff, I guess that's cool.  I guess.

It does sound like Argyle is--like Other Mike said--emotionally in love with the actual physical album...  but I guess I'm not one to judge though.

danorganplayer

I think its stupid..People are getting it, already...Talking about it, and say wait it out, when they have it to begin with...

Like cesar said to say we wont buy it cuz we got it leaked is stupid cuz we like the band and were here to support them..