April 18, 2024, 09:45:53 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

6/17, Ray's Downtown Blues

Started by weezer420, June 10, 2007, 06:18:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

weezer420

Anyone else goin on this date? I can't wait I took off work and everything for this date. My parents are a little pissed about it but they understand. Never heard of the other bands (Eastern Conference Champions, the Actual, Plain Jane Automobile) play. One more week can't wait. So who else is goin to this one? Anyone been to this place never been there either, been to another place in West Palm Respectable Street to see Streetlight Manifesto was wondering if it close to Respectable Street or if it set up about the same way.

falyn

A few of us are going. Even though it's Fathers' Day (again!)  >:( .
stream my radio show on mondays 7-8 pm @ http://www.wvum.org

Captain Clay

Spending Time
Fight the Darkness
Eponine
Natalie Portman
Barriers
Korobeiniki
No One Needs To Know
Wake Up
Incarnation Blues
Shootingstars
Battlescars
Rocks
Domino Effect
Landing of Yuri Gagarin

Encore:
Game Over
Baseball

FIGHT THE DARKNESS IS SO GODDAMN GOOD LIVE. THEY DIDN'T PLAY LUNCHBREAK OR MOTOROLOGY BUT THEY PLAYED INCARNATION BLUES AND FTD!!! <333333

My mom went out after the show and talked to them like a mom. Are you eating? Do you have a place to stay? Can you give me an autograph for my son? DB introduced himself as Danny because my mom didn't know any of them. When she got his autograph, I guess Star said What about me? And my mom asked if she is in the band because she didn't see her. :D

Sierra and Falyn and Ross were there and so was my girlfriend, whose forum name is puffpuffpuff! <3333

It was great.

lit

June 17, 2007, 08:05:14 pm #3 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:10:34 pm by puffpuffpuff
I think when I started being a teenager I decided to avoid the whole, um, being a fan of a band...it struck me as being ridiculous...undignified...kind of like being drunk...well...that didn't work out...but I'm glad it was Ozma and not something awful.

My first comment is that even though it's Florida, which has a reputation for being hot, and there was no air conditioning, which...is unusual...Ryen wore really heavy clothing...and it was really hot in the place. I'm told that's characteristic, everyone else there just dismissed it.

Fight the Darkness is REALLY great, and I like Kenn Shane and drums.

We were screaming for them to play Lunchbreak, which would have been a lot of fun, and I'm sure they heard us, but they didn't play it. Every time we screamed Lunchbreak they played another song that we liked a lot. Like Baseball. :) I'm really glad they played Baseball.

Battlescars was great. I really really loved Battlescars.

I went through the whole thing with a headache but I had a really good time. I met Sierra, Falyn and Ross, and some friends, I guess. And I saw some kids I knew from school. I used to go to school right down the street from the place.

Everybody was really excited to be there. Everyone was screaming lyrics and dancing. It's a good thing that they were blasting the music, I guess, because we were screaming so loudly. Ya shoulda been there. Now I have a pwning Ozma shirt!

EDIT: And I smell like cigarette smoke and my ears are ringing!
- jmurda

ross

falyn

stream my radio show on mondays 7-8 pm @ http://www.wvum.org

weezer420

Last night was awesome. The place was smaller than I expected and less people than I expected showed, but all for the better. That was one of the best concerts I've been to, glad I got to see them live without Jack's Mannequin ruinning their show like at FGCU. I smelt like smoke, had a long drive back to Davie, had to work at 6am, but all worth it. Can't wait for their next tour.

sierra

i smelt really badly of smoke too. my hair reeked of it. rays downtown  is such an un-air conditioned dump :(

the concert was sooo great though. really fun crowd, and jamie and clay are awesome <333

i got to sing into the microphone during domino effect woo :)
cant be explained through common sense,
takes a firm background in remembering

jokinjoe4u

Man the show was rocking man I had the choicest spot front row center! Felt like I was playing with them!! So COOl oh the other hand Rays felt like a basement straight outta 1976 no air the smell after the concert was a cross between a pig and a skunk who mated and produced punks!

weezer420

Ray's isn't bad. I went to a place on the same street as Rays, Respectable Street, to see Streetlight Manifesto and Whole Wheat Bread and not even two minutes into the show was drenched in sweat from me and, even grosser, everyone else. This was in October too so it's not like it was hot outside. I actually liked the basement setting they have there makes almost makes you feel like it a private show just for a select few people making it an even better concert than it was especially since everyone was getting into it. Was hoping for Heartache Vs. Heartbreak, Underneath My Tree (D Song), and In Search of 1988 but the play list was still great. There's always next tour...

03SqualoGT

Third time seeing Ozma- saw them in New Jersey opening for Weezer back in the day, and once headlining in Philly with Rilo Kiley.  They were Samuel as always!