April 18, 2024, 10:34:59 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Jose Galvez music

Started by gloom-glaam, May 21, 2008, 10:13:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff42

From a new MySpace bulletin:
Quote---this past year i've been working on a solo album and it's finally done and pressed, so you will be able to order that as soon as I get home from TOUR.

www. myspace. com/josegalvezmusic
(i've got some sample songs up there for you to check out)

---what TOUR? Well originally I was supposed to head out w/ nada surf as a guitar tech, but now I've been asked to be the fill-in BASS PLAYER due to a leg injury suffered by Daniel Lorca. Total and utter bummer.

---anyway come check me out on this upcoming tour (starts tomorrow) and say hello, i'll have my solo cds with me in case you wanted to purchase one of them. here are the nada surf tour dates, and yes.. they are the best band in the world:

Wed. Aug 27 --- Andenken Gallery Denver, Colorado (unconvetional 08' w/ cold war kids and clap your hands say yeah)
Thu. Aug 28 --- PAC-Samueli Theatre --Costa Mesa, California
w/ the Watson Twins.

Sat. Aug 30 --- Bumbershoot Festival-- Seattle, Washington
Sun. Aug 31 --- Nike + Human Race 10K - NIke Campus-- Beaverton, Oregon
Tue. Sep 2 --- Great American Music Hall-- San Francisco, California
Wed. Sep 3 --- Great American Music Hall-- San Francisco, California
Thu.Sep 4 --- Berbatis Pan-MFNW-- Portland, Oregon
Fri. Sep 5 --- Troubadour-- West Hollywood, California
Sat. Sep 6 ---Troubadour-- West Hollywood, California

Too bad about Daniel Lorca's injury, but this must be pretty Samuel for Jose.

Tri$tan

Christ I really like this stuff.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Not Jason

Quote from: I No Longer Like Ozma on August 26, 2008, 05:27:06 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on August 26, 2008, 05:48:16 am
Sadly, that useless bump was the thing that made me actually read this thread and check out Jose's music.  I'm impressed.  I mean no jab to Ozma, but I find it surprising that they've produced a musician that excels to such a degree at subtlety.  Ozma has never really been known for that.  To those surprised at the mellowness, have you ever heard "Immigration Song"?  I think this is pretty much exactly in the same vein as that, which I think is THE most underrated Ozma song, easily.

its surprising that jose, ryen, and daniel excel to such a degree of subtlety?

Dude.  That is not what I said.  Fucking read.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

jvstin

got it via itunes. these are some really good tunes! and a good chunk of it rocks pretty hard considering the general feel of the album.

very nice!
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

SteveLikesOzma

I fucking love this album. I actually like it more than Pasadena, haha

phatpubah

jose is a featured on myspace music.

JUST SAYIN'.
CPL593H

jvstin

i like how actually is better than orion.

and, on a sidenote, i really hope dan makes his new solo album available through itunes.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Jeff42

I like this album a lot.

It's interesting how pieces of Yes Dear's "Orion" have now shown up in two other songs - first the similar guitar solo in "Incarnation Blues," and now the chorus in "Actually."

CT-700

So I only just now got Jose's album, but did anyone else LOL when I Found an Item (the last song) featured a sample of the Casio CT-700 "demo" song? What a sly little semi-Ozma reference.

Using that thing in a song was always an evil plan of mine. Drats. At least Jose got to it first.

Martha Gail

Feb 18th Love Is Never Enough will be played on Real World: Brooklyn.  Tune in for...a great tune (and a terrible pun).
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

I Like Ozma

how did you get this inside information?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Martha Gail

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

SameSide

February 15, 2009, 09:49:32 pm #43 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:59:53 pm by SameSide
back in aug/sept, when the cd's went on sale, i pm'd jose right away.
I'm from nj and had to make sure i didn't miss my chance, since only 200 cd's were made.[i refuse to use itunes]
he was a really nice guy to me and held a disc for me while the money in the mail made its way cross country.

this album is easily my favorite album of 2008.
great direction, great vibes, passion.
it has everything i need self-contained, consistently, song after song.
i'm so glad he put this out, it makes my life better.
i really hope he continues to record and put out his own stuff.

for those of you who know jose, give him a pat on the back for me.
and also congratulate him on the tv exposure.
much love.
-j

brad

theozman

You now only have one more chance to prove your love to me .
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

Kyosho

Quote from: Jeff42 on September 19, 2008, 06:18:23 amIt's interesting how pieces of Yes Dear's "Orion" have now shown up in two other songs - first the similar guitar solo in "Incarnation Blues," and now the chorus in "Actually."

For the hell of it, I made this: Orion/Actually. It's the chorus from both songs, played at the same time. Orion is on the left, Actually on the right. I mean, them being pretty much exactly the same does not require this as proof, anyone can hear it without this. But I was bored. I might actually end up making a mashup out of both songs.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Martha Gail

Seeing as how Jose wrote that, it's not a surprise that it showed up from one band's demos to his finished work. 

Kyosho

Yes, I know. As I said, it wasn't to prove anything. I just did it because I was bored and curious.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Quote from: SameSide on February 15, 2009, 09:49:32 pm
back in aug/sept, when the cd's went on sale, i pm'd jose right away.
I'm from nj and had to make sure i didn't miss my chance, since only 200 cd's were made.[i refuse to use itunes]
he was a really nice guy to me and held a disc for me while the money in the mail made its way cross country.

this album is easily my favorite album of 2008.
great direction, great vibes, passion.
it has everything i need self-contained, consistently, song after song.
i'm so glad he put this out, it makes my life better.
i really hope he continues to record and put out his own stuff.

for those of you who know jose, give him a pat on the back for me.
and also congratulate him on the tv exposure.
much love.
-j

god i love ur avatar

SameSide

October 14, 2009, 12:58:45 pm #50 Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:56:56 pm by SameSide
I'm super excited to see that Jose is going to record a new batch of songs toward the end of 2009.
Looking forward to them.

I hope if he plays these songs live alot, that a proper live DVD will happen.
Maybe it'd be better after the new batch of songs are done.

A few other albums I'm looking forward to in 2009/2010 are:

Circa Survive - [LP3]
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things
toe - for long tomorrow

and hopefully:

Sunny Day Real Estate - [LP5]

I went to Thailand back in February and Jose's music made the experience even better.
No matter what side of the earth you're on, these songs are key.

Quote from: Samuel on April 29, 2009, 11:46:02 pm
god i love ur avatar
thanks. i made it in ms paint.

Mackintosh

Quote from: Grady on May 25, 2008, 02:35:43 pm
Quote from: pygmy twylyte on May 25, 2008, 09:23:08 am
Quote from: starlet on May 22, 2008, 10:55:38 pm
you know, everytime the band members gets older, i feel like they might break up soon or something; 30's scare me (especially because i'm still really young).

30s scare me too.  i cant picture a guy that old wanting to get on stage on play los angeles, much less wanting to write something in that vein.  if they do try to recapture that youthfulness, it can border on jumping the shark.

What, you mean like Weezer?

OH SNAP

:(
We've made a liar of desire.

Kyosho

Mackintosh

We've made a liar of desire.

cesarsalad

immigration song is freakin' fantastic. i guess people don't really talk about it..