April 18, 2024, 11:52:18 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Question regarding Advanced Copy SToBL...

Started by Ianny, December 14, 2004, 07:19:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianny

I've got a quick question for those of you who own the Advanced copy of Spending Time on the Borderling.  Other than the intro chords to "Turtleneck Coverup," are there any other major differences between that version and the final version?

Curiosity forced me to ask, I swear.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Not Jason

December 14, 2004, 07:34:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 07:36:58 pm by Not Jason
the tracklisting is a little different:

01: Spending Time
02: Your Name
03: Come Home Andrea
04: Bad Dogs
05: Utsukushii Shibuya
06: Turtleneck Coverup
07: Game Over
08: Curve in the Old 1-9
09: Eponine
10: Wake Up
11: Restart
12: Lightyears Will Burn

I don't recall any differences in the mix that really stand out though, other than of course the removal of the turtleneck coverup intro.

<edit>

the inside cover looks like this:

the back cover looks like this:

the disc looks like this:
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Ianny

~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Not Jason

Quote from: Ianny on December 14, 2004, 07:47:59 pm
Thanks Jason.Ã,  You continue to rule.Ã,  :)

glad to be of help.  i'm thinking of writing a thorough discography for the info section.  is that something that people would be interrested in?
I am the baseball.

amish

Quote from: Not Jason on December 14, 2004, 10:08:37 pm
Quote from: Ianny on December 14, 2004, 07:47:59 pm
Thanks Jason.  You continue to rule.  :)

glad to be of help. i'm thinking of writing a thorough discography for the info section. is that something that people would be interrested in?
I think that would be very useful.

We're (I'm) very slow to add content right now, but I think eventually we should have everything about everything in there.

simpleton

cesarsalad

i think the other major thing is that the advance copy doesn't have a girl singing on wake up, but you can hear her on the release version

Not Jason

December 16, 2004, 11:19:33 am #7 Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 11:26:18 am by Not Jason
Quote from: cesarsalad on December 16, 2004, 11:15:29 am
i think the other major thing is that the advance copy doesn't have a girl singing on wake up, but you can hear her on the release version

that is completely untrue.Ã,  i'll put my reputation on the line and say that the mix of wake up on either album is more or less exactly the same, save perhaps some minute differences in mastering.  in either case, rachel haden's vocals are still there.  they sound exactly the same to me.
I am the baseball.

cesarsalad

maybe i'm thinking of the version that got leaked early in january/february? i heard both the old and the new version extensively and i remember you couldnt hear rachel haden on the old version of wake up.

Not Jason

December 16, 2004, 11:28:48 am #9 Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 11:32:13 am by Not Jason
Quote from: cesarsalad on December 16, 2004, 11:21:17 am
maybe i'm thinking of the version that got leaked early in january/february? i heard both the old and the new version extensively and i remember you couldnt hear rachel haden on the old version of wake up.

the one that leaked was the advanced promo version.Ã,  the very same version from which i scanned the art.

rachel's vocals are mixed low on that song... equally low in all versions.Ã,  i believe this to be a terrible mistake in production, but it's consistant from the promo to the comercial release.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

cesarsalad's stupidity, like death and taxes, is one of the few things that one can always count on.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

cesarsalad

December 16, 2004, 11:58:56 am #11 Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 12:03:39 pm by cesarsalad
why don't you eat a dick? ty

i wish i had the old version with me, but i left it back at school and it looks like my ftp server went down. i'll probably feel like an ass if i'm wrong about this, but not as much as someone calling me stupid for no reason.

Not Jason

now now, settle down kids.  no need for fighting.
I am the baseball.

kitten

yeah, she is on the one that leaked because that's the copy i keep in my car and thus is the only version i listen to. 

Not Jason

Quote from: cesarsalad on December 16, 2004, 11:58:56 am
i wish i had the old version with me, but i left it back at school and it looks like my ftp server went down. i'll probably feel like an ass if i'm wrong about this, but not as much as someone calling me stupid for no reason.

it's okay, we all make mistakes, but i assure you, the version that leaked is the advanced promo version, and the advanced promo version has her singing on wake up.  i too have a burned copy from the intial leak (as well as a real copy of the advanced promo), and they are the same thing.
I am the baseball.

amish

Quote from: Not Jason on December 16, 2004, 02:41:56 pm

it's okay, we all make mistakes, but i assure you, the version that leaked is the advanced promo version, and the advanced promo version has her singing on wake up. i too have a burned copy from the intial leak (as well as a real copy of the advanced promo), and they are the same thing.
I side with Jason. I have Advanced, as well as Retail, as well as Jap import.

Not Jason

Quote from: amish on December 16, 2004, 04:57:27 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on December 16, 2004, 02:41:56 pm

it's okay, we all make mistakes, but i assure you, the version that leaked is the advanced promo version, and the advanced promo version has her singing on wake up. i too have a burned copy from the intial leak (as well as a real copy of the advanced promo), and they are the same thing.
I side with Jason. I have Advanced, as well as Retail, as well as Jap import.

oh, but do you have the japanese import versions of ddd and rrp3?  huh?  yeah, i'm a loser.
I am the baseball.

el alex

like 2 weks ago there was japanese stotbl on ebay for like $3, but i forgot to bid on it.

it's funny how cheap it is now.
i'll get around to this... now
my spaceage
http://www.alexpages.wronger.com

Not Jason

Quote from: el alex on December 17, 2004, 04:45:30 pm
like 2 weks ago there was japanese stotbl on ebay for like $3, but i forgot to bid on it.

it's pretty much easier now to find the japanese version on ebay than it is to find the american one.
I am the baseball.

amish

No I don't have Jap imports of RRP3/DDD, but I do have the original Tornado versions of each :/

My collection is nothing compared to Jason's.

Not Jason

Quote from: amish on December 18, 2004, 07:22:03 am
No I don't have Jap imports of RRP3/DDD, but I do have the original Tornado versions of each :/

and that's probably for the better.  i can only assume you're more sane than me, but my collection used to make me crazy when i was still striving to have it entirely complete.  it's still not entirely complete, but it's close enough for me.  i just got really lucky on ebay and managed to find those two imports and get my bids in with no competition.  the cool thing about DDD is that it has the Denise demo on it.  which makes it the highest quality release of that song (assuming that they didn't just take the audio from the 160kbps mp3)
I am the baseball.

amish

Quote from: Not Jason on December 18, 2004, 09:27:32 am
Quote from: amish on December 18, 2004, 07:22:03 am

and that's probably for the better. i can only assume you're more sane than me, but my collection used to make me crazy when i was still striving to have it entirely complete. it's still not entirely complete, but it's close enough for me. i just got really lucky on ebay and managed to find those two imports and get my bids in with no competition. the cool thing about DDD is that it has the Denise demo on it. which makes it the highest quality release of that song (assuming that they didn't just take the audio from the 160kbps mp3)
WAVs, please :)

(unless, of course, you know how to make FLAC files)

el alex

Quote from: Not Jason on December 17, 2004, 05:31:30 pm
Quote from: el alex on December 17, 2004, 04:45:30 pm

it's pretty much easier now to find the japanese version on ebay than it is to find the american one.
i only have the advance actually

at the time it came out there were no retails on ebay and i couldn't find it around here. So I got an advanced.  Then I found some retails  and never got one... now I can't find any ozma anywhere.  :'(
i'll get around to this... now
my spaceage
http://www.alexpages.wronger.com

Not Jason

well, you can snag the japan copies for dirt cheap now on ebay, they are essentially the american comercial ones only with the bonus track.  so, that's an option if you're still thinking that you want a retail copy with the right track order and enhanced features... this is assuming that the japan copy is enhanced, i've never tried it, but i think it is.
I am the baseball.