April 18, 2024, 09:48:57 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Is Ozma considered a Weezer rip off?

Started by Zooey Perry, July 21, 2011, 10:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooey Perry

July 21, 2011, 10:12:18 pm Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:19:58 pm by Zooey Perry
In my opinion they are rip offs, only they became better than the very band they were ripping off. The same way Jocelyn Wildenstein ripped off Zooey Deschanels face but then became the slightly better looking one.
Don't take the karma system seriously.
It's considered a game and usually people smite/applaud each other for fun. The karma number hardly ever represents the poster's character. Discussing karma is bad for your karma, and is discouraged. Don't take stupid insults seriously.
If someone insults you, either don't reply, reply with something equally stupid or report him/her to the mods. - Amish

gregor

by this logic, every band that uses an electric guitar is a Les Paul rip off.
i love you guys

gregor

but no, I don't think they are a weezer rip off.  they were influenced by weezer, for sure
i love you guys

Oatmeal

I like to consider Ozma as Weezer's younger brother rather than not rip offs.. A younger brother often learns from their older brother style but makes it their own by adding their own flavor to their style.  They just learn from them and happen to be similar. Ozma uses much more keyboard and girl background vocals than weezer.Also ozma's melodies tend to be more  extensive. They also experimented with sounds and ideas that weezer has not experimented with. Take for example the "Russian Cold Fusion" style or the song "I wonder"
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Zooey Perry

August 10, 2011, 09:49:56 am #4 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:55:13 am by Zooey Perry
Young brothers rip off older brothers. Like the way older sister Zooey got her face ripped off by younger sister Katy and then became the better looking one.
Don't take the karma system seriously.
It's considered a game and usually people smite/applaud each other for fun. The karma number hardly ever represents the poster's character. Discussing karma is bad for your karma, and is discouraged. Don't take stupid insults seriously.
If someone insults you, either don't reply, reply with something equally stupid or report him/her to the mods. - Amish

Newt Gingrich

rip off or not R&Rpt3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than green album and everything after and comparable to blue and pinkyshtein
word is bon jovi