News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Phantom Planet vs. Ozma?

Started by sammo, December 20, 2004, 07:48:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sammo

Phantom planet's Sam Farrar on the topic
http://www.the-wood.org/phantom.html

"I told Sam about what happened with the Ozma interview, and asked him if the rumors of a feud between the bands were true. ââ,¬Å"Iââ,¬â,,¢ve heard they talk shit about us all the time, and I donââ,¬â,,¢t really understand why.ââ,¬Â Said Sam. Long ago Phantom Planet and Ozma played several shows together. Rumor has it that at one of these shows the venue was emptied after PP played their set, leaving the house empty for Ozma. It is believed that Ozma never got over this. Sam however, denied any knowledge of any such events." - Farrar

And an interview with Brummel about it:
http://www.the-wood.org/ozma.html

Did anyone know anything about this?  It was new to me.

Not Jason

yeah, this rumored feud has been discussed for as long as i've known about ozma.Ã,  as far as i can tell it just got disgustingly overblown.Ã,  there was substance to it though.Ã,  on the old ozma to english dictionary (which was a hidden page on the old ozmaonline.com website) there was a definition of phantom planet that essentially boiled down to "very gay"... pardon the homophobic overtones.Ã,  i think it was something from back when either band had a very small fan bass, and later when they started to grow in popularity, it bit ozma in the ass because it kind of hurt their public image.Ã,  unless you are eminem, it's not really a good idea to make enemies with other major players in the scene.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

///

December 20, 2004, 08:01:13 pm #2 Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 08:08:02 pm by justin
yeah, that interview with Dan used to be posted on ozmafans...

edit: yeah jason,

from the ozma dictionary-

Phantom Planet
A very useful adjective, used in situations where no other word could completely capture the gayness of a thing. If Daniel brings in an extremely gay melody, Jose may say "Sorry Dan, it's just too Phantom Planet."

but I'm glad they got over it...

RedStarBandit

somebody in Ozma told me the whole thing once but im not sure as to who it was or what the whole story was. i just know it really got out of hand and it really didnt matter to Ozma anymore.

k24

ozma breaking up was pretty phantom planet.
its okay, indie folk rock is more important.  ;)

heysarahsarah

I know it was all just overblown, but I liked the story of someone throwing Star's Phantom Planet cd out of the Warped Tour bus....that might have been a huge lie.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

el alex

Quote from: Sarah Claus on December 20, 2004, 09:59:50 pm
I know it was all just overblown, but I liked the story of someone throwing Star's Phantom Planet cd out of the Warped Tour bus....that might have been a huge lie.
hahahaha  ;D
i'll get around to this... now
my spaceage
http://www.alexpages.wronger.com