May 03, 2024, 07:42:28 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

New myspace blogs:

Started by CT-700, November 22, 2006, 06:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

November 22, 2006, 06:33:18 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:41:38 pm by CT-700
Ozma put up two new blogs: One is an interview with Star Magazine and the other is a podcast at soundcrank.com.

I am uploading the podcast to the repository now.

EDIT: Uploaded. Enjoy!

I like ozma

November 22, 2006, 10:11:38 pm #1 Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:28:31 pm by I like ozma.
This should be moved to the ozma petition.

that interview was so lame, they said kenn shane was part of the old ozma and spelled "from" "fron"

CT-700

Yeah there was absolutely nothing new in the interview. The podcast is pretty enjoyable though.

I like ozma

is there any video for the podcast? i didnt see any, so i stopped listening.

CT-700

No video, but kind of funny audio. Let me summarize it for you. Basically Ryen or Dan will talk about a song and then we listen to the song.

1) Dan plays a song from The Arcade Fire that has a very epic feel to it. Sorta like a "Battlescars" or "Only in Dreams".

2) Ryen picks a song by Roxy Music that semi-inspired the sax section on Eponine. He suddenly talks about making Eponine the next radio single next year. He sounds pretty serious, until he starts to laugh a second later.

3) Dan lets us listen to this 7 minute funky improv with organs and fuzz bass and stuff.

4) Ryen takes the time to explain "Beyond the Fire". Its pretty funny. I actually understand whats going on when I listen to it now.

5) Dan talks about "I Wonder". He laughs and is embarrased to say he doesn't really know what its about yet, but there is some inspiration from gnosticism. When the song is done the podcast is over.

I like ozma

hmmm... sounds pretty cool i guess, im just too lazy to sit through a half hour of audio without video. thanks though

Elliott

Quote from: CT-700 on November 25, 2006, 08:47:15 am
No video, but kind of funny audio. Let me summarize it for you. Basically Ryen or Dan will talk about a song and then we listen to the song.

1) Dan plays a song from The Arcade Fire that has a very epic feel to it. Sorta like a "Battlescars" or "Only in Dreams".

2) Ryen picks a song by Roxy Music that semi-inspired the sax section on Eponine. He suddenly talks about making Eponine the next radio single next year. He sounds pretty serious, until he starts to laugh a second later.

3) Dan lets us listen to this 7 minute funky improv with organs and fuzz bass and stuff.

4) Ryen takes the time to explain "Beyond the Fire". Its pretty funny. I actually understand whats going on when I listen to it now.

5) Dan talks about "I Wonder". He laughs and is embarrased to say he doesn't really know what its about yet, but there is some inspiration from gnosticism. When the song is done the podcast is over.
"and we hope to record it for the next record possibley but with no instruments.....acupello"

Zombie Don Ho

man, i forgot how awesome a track 'beyond the fire' was.

Elliott

Quote from: Planet of Sound on November 25, 2006, 07:16:57 pm
man, i did not realise at the time how awesome a track 'beyond the fire' was.

Джесси

There's a new blog up, an update on how recording's going. Also, there's some pictures up as well, though I'm confident many of them have already been posted here.

Here's the link
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Elliott

Thanks man, that was a good blog ozma put up.

CT-700

I am assuming "Song in D" is the new tentaitive title for D-Song? I realize that kind of sounds like a stupid question, but have always loved D-Song.

brad

Elliott

Quote from: CT-700 on December 19, 2006, 05:23:51 pm
I am assuming "Song in D" is the new tentaitive title for D-Song? I realize that kind of sounds like a stupid question, but have always loved D-Song.
Maybe. I always loved d song to,

I like ozma

i hope there is at least ten songs on the album, too bad they werent like the beatles and try to get at 14 songs per album.

The Other Mike

Quote from: I like ozma. on December 19, 2006, 09:25:09 pm
i hope there is at least ten songs on the album.

ooh, cross your fingers and you may just get lucky!
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Джесси

Quote from: Oatmeal on December 19, 2006, 04:40:58 pm

No problem  :) I have to agree with you, it was a nice blog to read. The idea of Daniel using fuzz bass on the new album certainly has me excited.

I like ozma

December 20, 2006, 10:26:23 pm #17 Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:29:40 pm by I like ozma.
Quote from: Zoso1971 on December 20, 2006, 01:16:38 pm

No problem  :) I have to agree with you, it was a nice blog to read. The idea of Daniel using fuzz bass on the new album certainly has me excited.

who is this guy? another hipsun?

brad

Quote from: I like ozma. on December 20, 2006, 10:26:23 pm

no - he just pointed it out in the thread that a new blog was up.

I like ozma

Quote from: brad on December 21, 2006, 06:28:55 am

im too much, but not enough.

brad

Quote from: I like ozma. on December 21, 2006, 12:08:20 pm

im too much, but not enough.

woah - tally hall reference?

I like ozma

Джесси

December 22, 2006, 07:00:46 pm #22 Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 07:30:36 pm by Zoso1971

Indeed. I simply thought that everyone would like to know a new blog was up. In fact, I'll do it again. Ozma has been generous enough to put up yet another blog, this time of two videos. Check it out!

I like ozma

i already seen that one, but i didnt tell anyone because they had already seen the two videos and there is no other information in the blog.

Джесси

Quote from: I like ozma. on December 22, 2006, 08:47:13 pm
i already seen that one, but i didnt tell anyone because they had already seen the two videos and there is no other information in the blog.

Yeah, I suppose hipsun beat me to it.

anthem for a new amanda

Quote from: CT-700 on November 22, 2006, 06:33:18 pm
One is an interview with Star Magazine

..Why is Ozma being interviewed for a tabloid? o.o
I find it really absurd.  Of all the magazines..

CT-700

I know, its weird. Unless it is another Star magazine. I read the interview over a month ago,  so can't really remember what the site was like.

WhoYouCallinWeez

i guess any publicity is good publicity

anthem for a new amanda

Quote from: CT-700 on December 27, 2006, 06:35:52 am
I know, its weird. Unless it is another Star magazine. I read the interview over a month ago,  so can't really remember what the site was like.

I went to the site before I made the post and it's definitely the tabloid.

I just find it strange that tabloids are writing articles on them before major music magazines are.