April 29, 2024, 11:46:45 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

which of ryens yes dear song should he make an ozma song

Started by I like ozma, December 15, 2005, 11:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

if ozma was to redo one of the songs that ryen wrote for yes dear, which one should they do?

surf the intensity
1 (14.3%)
give me the end
3 (42.9%)
barriers
1 (14.3%)
imaginary wheels
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Nordel

I agree. Surf the Intensity sounds the most ozmalike to me.

Axolotl

I would say ALRIGHT.

But Surf the Intensity is also a good choice
"The mission could be corrupted and we wouldn't know"

Jeff42

I would say "Barriers" because it's my favorite of the songs listed.  Anyone notice how the chorus of "Imaginary Wheels" sounds really similar to part of "D Song"?  I read a post about this a while ago on the Yes Dear message board and now that I've heard "D Song" I agree.

Lando_Calrissian

Pro-active.

Ianny

Give Me The End.  I think it has an Ozma feel to it already, and would have even more of one when recorded by...well, Ozma.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

oatmeal

Quote from: Ianny on December 16, 2005, 11:14:25 am
Give Me The End.  I think it has an Ozma feel to it already, and would have even more of one when recorded by...well, Ozma.
I agree but I cant vote. Know danniel should put one of his sound mind songs in ozma.

Axolotl

Quote from: oatmeal on December 16, 2005, 11:54:18 am
Quote from: Ianny on December 16, 2005, 11:14:25 am
Give Me The End.Ã,  I think it has an Ozma feel to it already, and would have even more of one when recorded by...well, Ozma.
I agree but I cant vote. Know danniel should put one of his sound mind songs in ozma.

Accellerated Sunrise
"The mission could be corrupted and we wouldn't know"

Nordel

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

oatmeal

December 16, 2005, 05:47:53 pm #12 Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:49:26 pm by oatmeal
 :o Did you hear ozma play them?

NewYorkerNick

Quote from: Not Jason on December 16, 2005, 05:18:36 pm
I have a better idea:  write new songs.

Agreed.

The styles of Yes Dear shalt not mix with those of Ozma.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

savewhatyouare

Not Jason

Quote from: oatmeal on December 16, 2005, 05:47:53 pm
:o Did you hear ozma play them?

you raise a good point, yes dear and ozma were stylistically a million miles apart... or wait... no, that's not right at all.

A yes dear song performed by ozma would be essentially the exact same thing, except with a busier bassline.  I can't see the point in begging for that to happen.
I am the baseball.

oatmeal

It needs Danniels part in it. Slight alterations and Danniels back voice and "poof!" a better version of a great song, even better? wow! Im a genius.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Axolotl on December 16, 2005, 08:50:29 am
I would say ALRIGHT.

But Surf the Intensity is also a good choice

Alright was written by Jose and sung by Nate.   :P
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

television would be a good daniel brummel song for them to play

Not Jason

Quote from: oatmeal on December 16, 2005, 08:43:20 pm
It needs Danniels part in it. Slight alterations and Danniels back voice and "poof!" a better version of a great song, even better? wow! Im a genius.

It's still essentially the same song, and I really wasn't mad about most the Yes Dear stuff.  It wasn't bad, but I don't see the point in begging for it to be kept.  They can probably do better at this point.
I am the baseball.

tom

i've got a situation for ya.
ozma has been back together for a year..they decide to tour. you're seeing them at  your local venue.
they decide to cover a yes dear song. imagine how cool that would be. you'd be part of indie folklore forever.
they'll write all new songs, stop making stupid threads 'i like ozma'

Kurtzie

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on December 20, 2005, 08:41:52 am
i've got a situation for ya.
ozma has been back together for a year..they decide to tour. you're seeing them at  your local venue.
they decide to cover a yes dear song. imagine how cool that would be. you'd be part of indie folklore forever.
they'll write all new songs, stop making stupid threads 'i like ozma'

Winner! This is the best situation.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

oatmeal

=New songs do win.

=Thats what I want, new songs.

=But additional song added to the new songs like an ozma version of a Yes Dear would also be great.

=The more the better, Its always fun to add remixes and stuff like that.

=So dont be stupid by arguing with things we say just to look smart.

=This was a thread about what Yes Dear song we would want ozma to do if they were to do one.

=If you dont like it dont read it.

=Simple, now lets start a chang of post on myspace on the ozma and rentals page to get them to tour together, although I dont have myspace, thats if your in for it that is.

=Peace

:awhellnah: