April 29, 2024, 11:10:32 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Whohooo!!!! Ozma with the Rentals July 7th 2006

Started by tis not mike other, May 11, 2006, 03:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ironbird

its kind of funny to see people kicking all kinds of music terms to build up or destroy Matt's credit to weezer.  In truth, we have to look at a lot of the things that were happening behind the scene before the blue album.  in truth, Matt was the one who got the band signed and was the force pulling them through the first album.  i'm certain there is more to Matt leaving weezer than just wanting to pursue the rentals full time.  there was a lot of friction over time it took to do pinkerton and then after that the creative direction things were going.   from the way i hear it, Rivers was becoming a little bitch and treated everyone else like they were a back up band.  but whatever.  ozma is cool.  i hope they come to japan.
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

unfilmstill

Quote from: I loma zike on May 16, 2006, 09:32:44 pm
made the blue album so great, rather than having gay intros like on "perfect situation"

oh man, that intro is really attracted to intros of the same gender!
i bet the even have sex too!
:o

jeez, learn a different word to express what you are trying to say. people quote you over and over because you never really say anything clearly or coherently. or maybe i'm mixing you up with someone else, and in that case, i give a half-hearted apology. but really.

ON TOPIC: BRING IT TO THE EAST COAST, BABY (preferably starting in the fall)!

tis not mike other

May 17, 2006, 09:04:59 am #32 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 05:21:51 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: Not Jason on May 16, 2006, 06:57:45 pm
What is meant by "economy" in that quote is a song that expresses a lot very efficiently, meaning using as few words as possible to describe as much as possible.Ã,  In that example, it has nothing to do with "the economy" in terms of money and the things that are often associated with that word.Ã,  Think of it like this:Ã,  if a car is economical, it goes as far as it possibly can with as little gas as possible.Ã,  He's using the word similarly to speak of songwriting resources.
Ok that makes good sense now. It was an idea before but know I am sure its what you said. I feel stupid know I am going to delete that post.

Anways all of you who live far away should try to come. If you go to school, school is out to most people around that time so a road trip is needed anyways. Its a show worth seeing, dont know if it will happen again. However, I know many of probally have things to take care of like Jobs that you cant take this day off for and visting your family during that time which is more important than a concert anyways. edited is ine bold. I also deleted really becuase it sounded stupid.

Wow im really out of it. Rushing and tiredness do not make a good combo. Thanks guys.

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I just think it's funny that he made the point of changing just the one word.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

I appologize for excessive criticism.  the use of the word "economy" by matt sharp was a somewhat uncommon usage of the word, and it's a completley fair mistake to make.
I am the baseball.

Nordel

It is my opinion that Matt contributed to the style and "vibe" (if you will) of both The Blue Album and Pinkerton. They sounded the way they sounded because Matt was there to guide them. But as far as actually writing of lyrics and music, he pretty was pretty much uninvolved. I think he was very influencial, and the fact that he left greatly impacted the crappiness of there later albums. Not to say that Rivers should not be blamed. It seems like these days Rivers puts little effort or thought into his lyrics. I think that if the lyrics weren't so lame, the songs themselves might not suck so much.

I have no facts whatsoever to back this up. But you can't deny that Weezer sucked after Matt left. Coincidence? Maybe..

Not Jason

I also think a long hiatus probably played into it as much as anything.
I am the baseball.

Nordel

xellyjane

mannnnnnnnnnnnn i would love to see this show. if they could some how tour together over on the east coast/new england-- after august 21st, i would make it a priority to come see this show. i just cant afford to fly anywhere........ damn it california i hate you sometimes.

I like ozma

my point for perfect situation was just because i hate the intros for make believe, had matt sharp been there they wouldnt be so gay. i know im pointless, but i just really dont like the intros to that album.

FireAarro

Quote from: sandbaby on May 18, 2006, 01:39:21 pm
I have no facts whatsoever to back this up. But you can't deny that Weezer sucked after Matt left. Coincidence? Maybe..

Well, the fact is many things happened between Pinkerton and Green Album. They all contributed to Weezer's "change in direction" in some way, and well some of them likely had more weight than the departure of Matt Sharp. But they all were factors, I guess.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Nordel

Tri$tan

Quote from: funwithsponges on May 12, 2006, 09:01:23 pm
Pretty sure the best lineup doesn't involve Weezer, unless you can somehow invent a time machine, or at least some sort of way to make Rivers not a little bitch.

Confession:Usually I dislike Patrick but this deserves some serious recognition
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.