April 29, 2024, 03:31:57 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

yes dear show

Started by kitten, November 24, 2004, 05:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

November 24, 2004, 05:42:37 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 05:43:26 pm by kitten
taken from jose's myspace:

yes dear's first show 1.15.05 (alterknit lounge)

be there!!

i will not be there, but hopefully some of you will. 

ps, california sucks.  boo.

OMGWTFBBQ

i should be there.

though last time i went down there i had a horrible experience trying to find the place, and i can't remember what i ever did about parking... totally repressed those memories.

i hate LA.

funwithsponges

Ooh, thanks Samantha!  Right after the new semester begins, what a great way to kick it off.

Not Jason

as always, somebody should totaly bootleg this show, and the upcoming daniel brummel one too.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

cesarsalad

Quote from: Not Jason on November 24, 2004, 09:28:00 pm
as always, somebody should totaly bootleg this show, and the upcoming daniel brummel one too.

and then join them together to create an ozma bootleg?

Not Jason

Quote from: cesarsalad on December 06, 2004, 08:50:32 pm

and then join them together to create an unlistenable jumble of unrelated noise?
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on December 07, 2004, 06:21:37 am
someone would buy it.

if it were pressed onto a cd... sadly, i probably would.
I am the baseball.

kimi kameleen

hey, if anyone from the bay area or sac area is going to the show, I'd like to tag along...thanks. heh.  for serious.  dawg.

OMGWTFBBQ

this is Bob's territory, i think?

Bob511

December 10, 2004, 02:40:46 pm #10 Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 02:41:34 pm by Bob511
Quote from: OMGWTFBBQ on December 07, 2004, 09:54:30 pm
this is Bob's territory, i think?
Well, the aforementioned DB show was scheduled the day Sarah was driving up from San Diego to see me, and the day before we were in LA driving back to her place, so that was a frustratingly close no-go, I'm afraid.  We'll see about the Yes Dear show, also depends on when I go see Sarah again.

EDIT: Or alternatively the same way Kim's hoping to get there.

amish

If someone is able to bootleg those shows, as well as receive permission from Yes Dear (or the Daniel Brummel show, too) Ozmafans will gladly host the bootleg.

We are working on setting some sort of system for this thing out as we speak.

noodledancer

Quote from: OMGWTFBBQ on November 24, 2004, 05:51:51 pm
i should be there.

though last time i went down there i had a horrible experience trying to find the place, and i can't remember what i ever did about parking... totally repressed those memories.

i hate LA.
how could you have trouble finding it? its at the knitting factory.  hollywood and sycamore.
they have parking at the venue and right next door at hollywood and highland.

OMGWTFBBQ

well, as i recall... mapquest raped me by telling me to get off at the wrong exit. or something of that nature. so i got horribly turned around.

noodledancer

Quote from: OMGWTFBBQ on December 13, 2004, 12:29:21 pm
well, as i recall... mapquest raped me by telling me to get off at the wrong exit. or something of that nature. so i got horribly turned around.

oooj! mapquest does have a tendencey to do such things.

heysarahsarah

I'm planning on attending, tentitively....anyone in the San Diego area interested in carpooling, or need a ride & wanna pitch in gas money?  Let me know.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

ShortyMac

This is one of my greatest regrets about moving from California, or I would SOOOOO be going.
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

kimi kameleen

i think i'm going to the show on Sunday.  at least i'm going to TRY to go to it.  plans are in the workings.

OMGWTFBBQ

it was pretty tight. nate just sang and handled keys... didn't play guitar at all.

set, in probably messed up order:

antidote
prove it
new ryen song
surf the intensity
new nate song
jose song (sung by nate)
give me the end
don't give up

they said they were going to play more songs tomorrow, so i'll see how that goes.

Andy

Not Jason

Quote from: Andy on January 16, 2005, 07:13:56 am
bootleg!Ã,  ;)

as in 'a bootleg exists' or 'a bootleg should exist'?

cause if it's the former, i want it, and if it's the latter, i agree.
I am the baseball.

kimi kameleen

I was there last night and tried to record it but it hella didn't work.  sorry Jason.

Fantastic Max

I shot like 5 decent-sized video clips. Jeremiah emailed me after he saw my post in the Yes Dear messageboards and said he'd like to see em and show the rest of the band.

I sent him "Give Me the End" and "Prove It" and he said he loved em, and doesn't see a reason why the rest of the band wouldn't. Alas, they should be on the Yes Dear website soon. Yay. If not, you guys from the OzmaFans website can host em or something. I also have Jose's song(which I love), that sounds a bit reggae-ish, and a couple others, I forgot what they are.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Andy

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

amish

Hey about those vids, if you get an Okay from Yes Dear I'd like to host those so we can all enjoy them.

Let me know! We have the bandwidth :)