May 15, 2024, 10:53:23 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

POLL

Started by malcolm, March 20, 2007, 06:55:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

does anyone here even like ozma anymore?

yes
no

CT-700

I knew it was only a matter of time until a band member read this and got manic depression. Don't worry Daniel, I'll always have your back.

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Джесси

I'm still very much into the band and all of their work, but, then again, I really don't fit into the same category as many of the posters here. I first listened to Ozma about three or four years ago, sometime after Spending Time on the Borderline was released. Although it was a gift from my cousin Kris (who happens to know the band), the album didnââ,¬â,,¢t get played much until the last year or so. I was 16 then, and really didnââ,¬â,,¢t give the album another listen until I started playing bass and doing Weezer covers. Once Ozma got back together I was able to purchase The Doubble Donkey Disc as well as Rock and Roll Part Three. Perhaps itââ,¬â,,¢s my age (19 btw), the fact I havenââ,¬â,,¢t listened to them long, or maybe the fact that I was exposed to their music in backward chronological order; I still find an incredible amount of enjoyment from Ozmaââ,¬â,,¢s older music. With the exception of the Beatles, they are probably the only band in which I could have a single CD of theirs in my car for days without feeling the need to change it. Iââ,¬â,,¢m with Indoor Fireworks in that I have tremendous respect for their ability to grow and mature as a band. This said, I am nonetheless looking forward to getting my hands on the new album.   ;D
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

I Like Ozma

I definately agree with the beatle album thing. those are always the only two bands for me. along with elvis sometimes but yeah...
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

March 29, 2007, 01:22:57 pm #34 Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:42:02 pm by CT-700
Quote from: Not Jason on March 28, 2007, 11:04:28 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on March 28, 2007, 04:44:52 pm
got manic depression.

buy a medical dictionary.

I have one, I should read it.

EDIT: I read it. Why didn't I know it was Bipolar disorder? I feel like an idiot.

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on March 29, 2007, 01:22:57 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on March 28, 2007, 11:04:28 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on March 28, 2007, 04:44:52 pm
got manic depression.

buy a medical dictionary.

I have one, I should read it.

EDIT: I read it. Why didn't I know it was Bipolar disorder? I feel like an idiot.

It's a commonly made mistake.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Andy

Let me add that there is and will always be an extremely fragile part of my heart in which 2002/3 and Ozma reside. Most of my best and fondest memories are scored to Ozma. And the real, lasting effect that Ozma has had on my life- would probably shock the bandmembers. They've never met me, hell, I've never even gotten the chance to see them live. But so many good memories - those tear-jerking kinds - were made with Ozma playing alongside. Camping with my friends (of whom I now only see for a few weeks a year), going to the beach for sunset, just spending time in Tommy's basement; all of these things, Ozma was there.

I still listen to all three albums today, usually one will start getting old as one seems perfect again and so on. The lyrics and my musical tastes don't exactly align anymore, but these songs bring me something that I'll never trade for the world.
I'm looking to the new album for something new, and I'm thrilled to see some old songs brought back for some more, but I already know it won't be the same. Nothing could be, and nothing should be. It's sad, but that's okay.
And hopefully the new album will have just a flicker of that old effect on me for a totally different time in my life.

In all, I guess I can't say much more than thank you, Ozma. You'll never know what you mean to me.
It's heartbreaking, really, that it is 2007.

Tri$tan

Quote from: Fantastic Max on March 26, 2007, 12:27:42 am
Quote from: malcolm on March 20, 2007, 12:19:46 pm
i like a lot of people on this board actually, i wish everyone lived closer so we could all hang out and maybe i could smooch on a couple of the cute girlys here

creepE

meeting boardies is not creepy!
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

FireAarro

To clarify, I don't exactly feel the same way Jason does. I still do like a lot of the older lyrics, the earliest stuff has lyrically aged better with me funnily enough (RRP3, Songs of ? Trucks and Cars). But I am really looking forward to the new album, after you posted those three tracks on your Myspace, because they kick ass.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Andy

Quote from: Tristan on April 18, 2007, 08:13:25 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on March 26, 2007, 12:27:42 am
Quote from: malcolm on March 20, 2007, 12:19:46 pm
i like a lot of people on this board actually, i wish everyone lived closer so we could all hang out and maybe i could smooch on a couple of the cute girlys here

creepE

meeting boardies is not creepy!

careful, stan

:D