May 15, 2024, 09:18:58 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

The Dome May 1, The Belmont May 2, etc.

Started by CT-700, May 01, 2007, 11:49:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

Whoever can go should go because they will be selling Pasadena at all the shows. I would love to get my hands on a physical copy right now. Atleast the east coast tour starts in June/July (cross fingers for Pittsburgh). As taken from new myspace bulletin:

QuoteHey guys and gals,
Just a quick reminder before we pack up the van and head north. We are bringing along an advanced shipment of our new record "Pasadena" with us. So you can pick yourself up a copy when you come see us play at one of the following shows:

(tickets still available for these shows)
May 1 2007
The Dome
Bakersfield, California

May 2 2007
The Belmont
Fresno

May 3 2007
The Underground
Roseville, California

May 5 2007
El Corazon
Seattle, Washington

May 6 2007
Hawthorne Theatre
Portland, Oregon

May 8 2007
Neurolux
Boise, Idaho

May 9 2007
Kilby Court
Salt Lake City, Utah

May 10 2007
Marquis Theatre
Denver, Colorado

May 11 2007
The Black Sheep
Colorado Springs, Colorado

May 12 2007
Aggie Theater Fort Collins, Colorado, Colorado

May 14 2007
The Clubhouse
Tempe, Arizona

May 15 2007 4:00P
Rhino Records (Live set & signing)
Claremont, California

May 16 2007
Chain Reaction
Anaheim, California

May 17 2007
Troubadour
West Hollywood, California

May 18 2007 8:00P
Slim's
San Francisco, California

See you soon!
Ps. Hey east coasters, we'll be making our headlining tour over on your part of the country in june/july. Dates will be put up soon so keep checking back.

Sandguy

if i have enough moolah, i'll pick a copy up for you tonight. if not, tomorrow night.

CT-700

Quote from: Sandguy on May 01, 2007, 11:51:55 am
if i have enough moolah, i'll pick a copy up for you tonight. if not, tomorrow night.

Lucky you, you get to seem them two nights in a row!

funwithsponges

Fantastic Max

May 01, 2007, 10:22:53 pm #4 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:26:03 pm by Fantastic Max
I met SandGuy(Ryan) and he was pretty cool.

Poor Ozma though...at most, the audience boomed to about 15 people..but stayed steady at about 11, and only me, my friend and SandGuy were singing.
Good show though, i was waiting for D-Song. And we got to talk to them after the show, a lot. And I told Star and Jose that they must play Iceland once before I die.  Jose, replied, "If we break up again, and have a reunion show, we'll play every song" and i was like "yeah, when you're like 50, and you can have an 80 song set"

Needless to say, he liked the idea.     Oh and Kenn told me he feels apart of Ozma now. Nice.

The PR was reeeeealllly bad for this show, *sigh* and I told the pr guy that, haha. He said maybe once they wrap up the tour and come back to LA it'll be a different story. Star and Jose singed my cd though :)

And I managed to buy 3 copies of the album, and snag Ryen's setlist.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

SteveLikesOzma

Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 01, 2007, 10:22:53 pm

Poor Ozma though...at most, the audience boomed to about 15 people..but stayed steady at about 11, and only me, my friend and SandGuy were singing.

Lame. Pretty sure Ozma is the most underappreciated band on the planet.

Fantastic Max

May 02, 2007, 06:42:38 am #6 Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:44:33 am by Fantastic Max
Fun..oh and that says "ROX" at the bottom, if you can't tell.

Ryen: "Here's a little something we wrote during Warped Tour.." *plays "Rocks"*
-Donkey Lips

Zombie Don Ho

I suppose all the other bakersfieldians were too busy brewing meth or trying to find rope to hold their pants up...

CT-700

Haha, funny how they are still calling it D-Song  :)

But I guess its kind of hard since the song is from 2002 and was untitled until this year. They should of just named it D-Song on the album.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Planet of Sound on May 02, 2007, 07:52:25 am
I suppose all the other bakersfieldians were too busy brewing meth or trying to find rope to hold their pants up...
Yeah, our Meth cannot be neglected..not even for the likes of Ozma.
Pfft.
-Donkey Lips

Sandguy

that was a wonderful show! i'll try to get ozma to hang out at my place for some wii or something. i got star's setlist (including the keyboard settings for the new songs). i just need dan to sign my cd and it'll be set. oh, i took a video of fight the darkness. i haven't checked it out. if it sucks, i'll probably not share.

Sandguy

May 02, 2007, 11:02:51 pm #11 Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:09:17 pm by Sandguy
tonight's turnout  in fresno was way better than last night! i tried inviting all the bands to stick around and chill at my place afterwards, but i don't think a lot of people were too keen on that idea.

there was really no set setlist. it was pretty much last night's set in bakersfield with the addition of straight flush near the end, sandwiched between 'wake up' and 'rocks'. it was beautiful. i bought the last brown ozma warrior shirt (or so says ryen). i talked pretty lengthily with kenn, he's such a rad guy, i'm glad he's part of ozma! also, i think it's a new permanent set up with jose stage left and star stage right. i'm so tired!

my favorite part was just hanging out and loading up. jose had an acoustic guitar and was playing some songs. i don't know if he played anymore before i got out, but he started 'bad dogs' in the parking lot. eventually some homeless man came up and started asking for money and jose played something and the homeless man just kept repeating "hold me down..." very spiritually and gospel-like. if he hadn't shown up, there would have been so more acoustic ozma in the parking lot!

Sandguy

May 03, 2007, 08:32:50 am #12 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:11:25 am by Sandguy
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015310&l=b8163&id=31001531

ryen being silly during Natalie Portman

a side shot during Barriers, i think.

you can see the "be nice to me" blood donor sticker i gave kenn in this shot.

if you look really close, the "pasadena" cd label is on the strap.

a pretty neat, blurry shot of dan.

the acoustic set outside with the "hold me down" homeless man.

Fantastic Max

Damn, I was tempted to ditch my Earth Science lab for that too. But seeing as I'd seen them the night prior, I though it'd be okay.

Damnit..I want to see the acoustic/bum stuff.
-Donkey Lips

hhsfool

May 06, 2007, 01:58:11 am #14 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:00:24 am by hhsfool
I was at the bakersfield show. I left right after the set, wish i hadn't.

Oh, and I was singing along too. 

Fantastic Max

Quote from: hhsfool on May 06, 2007, 01:58:11 am
I was at the bakersfield show. I left right after the set, wish i hadn't.

Oh, and I was singing along too. 

Which person were you? I remember all 10 of the other people. Maybe you were the shorter girl to the left of me, or the skinny white guy next to me?
-Donkey Lips

hhsfool

I was the guy who went up to you and asked if you were on the ozma forums and you said no.  either i said it wrong, or you didn't hear me. i was back by the bar during the other bands shows before ozma.  during the show, i was all the way to the left on the opposite side of you.  white shirt.  i feel so bad about the turnout. but what can we do, it's bako.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: hhsfool on May 06, 2007, 06:20:37 pm
I was the guy who went up to you and asked if you were on the ozma forums and you said no.  either i said it wrong, or you didn't hear me. i was back by the bar during the other bands shows before ozma.  during the show, i was all the way to the left on the opposite side of you.  white shirt.  i feel so bad about the turnout. but what can we do, it's bako.

You got it all wrong man, I was on the left , next to the short girl. Nobody ever came up to me asking that. You might'a asked my friend Marty, he was wearin an Ozma shirt.
-Donkey Lips

hhsfool

ohhhh. did you come later? like after the first band?  i think i was right behind you during the show then.

Fantastic Max

May 08, 2007, 04:46:01 pm #19 Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:47:23 pm by Fantastic Max
Quote from: hhsfool on May 07, 2007, 11:47:49 am
ohhhh. did you come later? like after the first band?  i think i was right behind you during the show then.
I came during the band with the cute chick singer, which was right before Ozma, and then I realized I didn't have any cash for merchandise, so I ran over to our local Wells Fargo and did a cash advance for $60 and bought 3 copies of Pasadena and a shirt for my girlfriend, ha.

Went out and talked to that Peachcake lead singer guy for about 20 minutes about terrible PR for the show and how he apparently did his set with a panda mask on or something? haha, did you see it? Must'a been fun.

Anyways, when Ozma was setting up I  went over the the middle left right by Dan and Jose. I don't think there was anyone directly behind me.
-Donkey Lips

hhsfool

there was a girl to your left, kinda short. she was taking pictures. i was like between/behind you two. yelling at the back of your head.  i call it yelling, cause it doesn't qualify as singing.  yah, peachcake.  their music was good, but their on stage performance was NOT for bakersfieldians.  he had a panda mask and a black and yellow leather jump suit.  another guy came out later with a lion mask and ran around spinning.  later they both had fancy umbrellas and the stage was set up like a flower garden.  i think it was some sort of jungle theme.   anywho, i stayed way in the back for that show with my girlfriend.  and yah. you know what, the dome sucks anyways, i had no idea they had an even shittier little tiny spot to the left of the building.  oh and i grabbed one of the yellow RRP3 shirts at the end of the show. been looking for their older merchandise. glad they had it.

Fantastic Max

Yeah, I don't think it was "NOT for Bakersfieldians" as much as there wasn't enough crowd to create a mob-syndrome effect where everyone would get into it.

And as for the yellow RRP3 shirt, you mean the spears one? Cause I have that. I want the brown one with the donkeys and the balalaika's.
-Donkey Lips

FireAarro

What merch are they still selling? Do they have RRP3 DDD? What shirts? I want stuff but live in Australia :(
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Quote from: FireAarro on May 09, 2007, 09:43:12 pm
What merch are they still selling? Do they have RRP3 DDD? What shirts? I want stuff but live in Australia :(
They had all the albums at my show, and only newer shirts, with the exception of the Yellow tron spears shirt.
-Donkey Lips

FireAarro

Which shirts exactly? Space boombox? Electric warrior?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Quote from: FireAarro on May 09, 2007, 11:15:56 pm
Boombox one, and the girl light blue one, and the tron one.
-Donkey Lips

Sandguy

Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 10, 2007, 05:35:47 pm

...and a new yuri gagarin shirt.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Sandguy on May 11, 2007, 10:22:59 am
Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 10, 2007, 05:35:47 pm

...and a new yuri gagarin shirt.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Cept its not new. I got it last year.
-Donkey Lips