Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Passadena Theories

Started by Oatmeal, June 06, 2007, 10:02:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oatmeal

June 06, 2007, 10:02:32 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:03:45 pm by oatmeal
My theory why passadna is not instantly likable:

1) Two of the songs are already liked yet remade songs

2) The songs are complex. Songs like motorology have both a complex main melody and complex instrumentation.

3) The sound changed some.

Solutions:
1) Skip thoes two songs. Also skip barriers and fight the darkness to if you dont like them.

2) I think the songs can easier grow on you if you focus on certain points at a time or listen to acoustic verisons. Take ozmacitys cover for an example at work.

3) Just give the CD time. You may notice some things that you loved about ozma that still exist but lives in another form.

Feel free to list your passadena theories ;)
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

noonchild

I have no theories to offer, but I'm curious if anyone knows the significance of the images on the album (Jupiter, flying car, Birds).
The light cast dark shadows all around me

CT-700

I think the imagery all has to do with the reoccuring theme of futurism. The car perhaps might be a small reference to BTTF. The bird is a "digital seagull" flying through a real aka "analog" horizon. Which is an ode to the Ryen/Kenn sessions, Digital Seagull - Analog Horizon, that preduced Ye Deserve To Know (Fight the Darkness) and so on.

Of course, I am just kind of stating the obvious to most people.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteSolutions:
1) Skip thoes two songs. Also skip barriers and fight the darkness to if you dont like them.

i found the solution is to start the album at 5, then when its over i may listen to Barriers, but thats it really. and i always skip 1,3. unless i feel the desire to hear those songs and not wanting to reach over and put the other albums in.

Quote3) The sound changed some.

this is so frustrating in that if any one listened to the myspace demos u could obviously see it wasnt the ozma of 99-03. NEW ozma, mature ozma is better ozma. thou some songs do take a few listens to grow on.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Colt45

Quote from: CT-700 on June 07, 2007, 06:07:29 am
I think the imagery all has to do with the reoccuring theme of futurism. The car perhaps might be a small reference to BTTF. The bird is a "digital seagull" flying through a real aka "analog" horizon. Which is an ode to the Ryen/Kenn sessions, Digital Seagull - Analog Horizon, that preduced Ye Deserve To Know (Fight the Darkness) and so on.

Of course, I am just kind of stating the obvious to most people.

i always thought the car being a reference to the Yes Dear song "Imaginary Wheels," a song which I consider to be Ryen's finest of the 00's (just my opinion of course.) given the name of the album is "Pasadena" an ode to their home town, and the lyrics to Imaginary Wheels are very nostalgic, I think it makes some sense. I also feel that the lyirc "Success is in getting to fly/To somewhere you used to drive" definitely supports this assumption.
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

///

I don't think anyone has asked this question yet

what's the whispering at the end of HvH?

after slowing it down I can still only hear:

"This was...
"bloom of a time forgotten..." ?
"...and the holy hell..." ?

has anyone figured it out?

Джесси

(introduction to "Incarnation Blues")

this one's for the puffers and the scribblers in the lot
save for whom the rose that blooms would be the flower time forgot
and the holy hell [they caught]

Taken from the lyrics section of Pasadena, here on the forums, which was taken from a blog Ozma posted on myspace.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

SteveLikesOzma

The album is great from start to finish IMO, there's not a damn thing wrong with it, just takes some time to grow on you.

brad

I think the new No One Needs to Know and Eponine versions are stronger than the old ones.  The vocals are so killer man, come on.

Rome

Quote from: justin on June 07, 2007, 10:26:09 am
I don't think anyone has asked this question yet

what's the whispering at the end of HvH?

after slowing it down I can still only hear:

"This was...
"bloom of a time forgotten..." ?
"...and the holy hell..." ?

has anyone figured it out?

http://www.ozmafans.com/index.php/topic,2497.0.html