Started by Fantastic Max, August 14, 2007, 10:35:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

Besides the "sounds stuff"

He just posted one with his vocals. On his Myspace
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

the only thing that i have liked from him lately was "to the paper" or whatever it was called. the new stuff is just too weird for me. and im WEIRD!
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

I actually really dig the new electronic style of music Ryen is experimenting with, because I have also kind of fell into that direction in my spare time. Its a lot of fun to create recordings like that, because there is no pressure for it to be good since there is no seriousness/point/structure to the songs. I would recommend it to any one who just wants to make some fun trippy music.

Oatmeal

Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 14, 2007, 03:40:40 pm
the only thing that i have liked from him lately was "to the paper" or whatever it was called. the new stuff is just too weird for me. and I'm WEIRD!
I don't think it has to do with weirdness. I think it just has to do with what your interest is. My guess is that the people who like it listen to it do not for the same reasons that they would for ozma. I don't think they can get an emotional connection like ozma. I think they just find this music fun and interesting to listen to.

I think photograph(s) is very good. I think if you liked "to the paper", you would like this. It's available for download on his myspace.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

hipsun

AIM IM with ryen slegr
10:34 PM
ryen: what's up?

me: guess

ryen: uhhh

me: working on album lyrics and track listing
how about you? writnig any pop music?

ryen: no, I wrote a real melody last week and put it up on my page a couple nights ago
it's a 1:30 sec. verse

me: august 14?

ryen: yeah

me: cool. listening to it right now. i like
i like ozma is a moron

ryen: on the board?

me: yeah
"i dont get it man"

ryen: ohhh
that guy
yeah -
actually
he's the only one convincing me that what I'm doing might be good

me: HAHAHAHAHA

Oatmeal

August 16, 2007, 08:07:33 am #5 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:09:59 am by oatmeal
Thats right guys. Your opinions does not matter. Only "I like Ozma's" opinion matters.

On another note I  doenjoy agust 14th. I don't really enjoy his other new songs besides photograph and that paper song. I'm not saying the other songs are bad. I just do not enjoy that kind of music.

I Like Ozma

August 16, 2007, 09:01:00 am #6 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:03:56 am by I Like Ozma
its so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet to know that ryen knows who i am!

"me: cool. listening to it right now. i like
i like ozma is a moron"?????????????????

you like i like ozma?

Captain Clay

No, that's the name of a song. He likes the song i like ozma is a moron.

Oatmeal

August 16, 2007, 11:50:39 am #8 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:06:00 pm by oatmeal
Ryen Slegr Has a song about Ronnie? That's pretty cool. I wish an ozma member would right a song about me. Oh wait thats not Ryen thats Hipsun. Hipsun does not equal Ryen.

machatte

I like ozma isn't a moron, the boards are for fighting that's what makes it fun.  I appreciate any feedback good or bad, mentally it really helps to know people at least listen to things I post.  Also - I believe ozma will be taping an interview on KROQ in LA on the 22nd for the local's only show on Sunday, they will be giving away free tickets for our Knitting Factory show in LA in October when we get back from the Blue October/Yellow card tour.  I probably won't be doing the interview because I'm going to visit my grandmother in Ithaca NY for a week, but I'm sure it'll be exciting anyway.

Джесси

I really dig "august 14."  :)
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

I Like Ozma

ozma should write a song about how great of a fan i am though.

VanSlegr Fan

August 17, 2007, 10:27:54 pm #12 Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:29:51 pm by VanSlegr Fan
Quoteozma should write a song about how great of a fan i am though.

haha, and include it on an album that takes them back to there ocho roots, at long last. i mean obviously ocho is all we want them to sound like. haha
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

jon

Hi, i rarely frequent the GOD. But Aug. 14th was a very cool track. I would almost like to see it developed a little more. It kind of reminded me of KID A and the Boards of Canada.

I also make music for my personal enjoyment. But it's always a really nice feeling when I got some positive feedback that someone actually LIKES listening to a song of mine. I really enjoyed August 14th, but it left me wanting more.