May 17, 2024, 03:09:40 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Heartache Vs. Heartbreak Acoustic Cover

Started by Brent, May 19, 2007, 08:05:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Hey everyone,

I recall some people mentioning that they were having a tough time getting good-sound chord voicings for acoustic and wanting to hear an acoustic version of this tune a while ago and I thought it would be cool to give one a shot.  I altered some of the chords on the verse to give it a slightly different flavour and improvised on the main verse melody during the solo.  Anyways, I have it posted on my myspace currently (for lack of a better place):

www.myspace.com/brentwirth

Let me know what you think.

Thaks and all the best,
-Brent

Brady

icecreamman

varnon

Cool.
It really makes me want to hear live or acoustic versions of all the songs.

Brent

Thanks.

And I totally agree...I'm really intrigued as to how Heartache vs. Heartbreak will sound live, seeing as the foundation of the arrangement is electronic.

FireAarro

Sounds great, love your myspace picture too :D
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Brent

haha thanks friend!  that picture was from my band's promo shoot.

Kyosho

Hey man, this is great. I really like the changes you made. After hearing the "acousticish" mix of the original that hipsun posted, I thought it didn't quite fit exactly. Certain parts. But yours fixes that. Love it.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Brent

Fantastic Max

Is that you doing Star's part? Haha, nice falsetto's
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Brent

haha thanks...ya i layered the vocals myself.  i managed to pull off a lot of the high G's on the pre-chorus pretty softly and on key without having to break into falsetto with the higher octave part, but falsettos were a must on those choruses.

Fantastic Max

I think that cover would'a been a bit better if the guitar was recorded on a separate track, and boosted a bit, also I think your voice is too tense/constrained, I suppose. You should sing with some more passion, loosen it up try to give it some more vibrato. Just some suggestions. I know you'll probably reply with something like "I did this in 5 minutes real quick just to show people what it sounded it like" I know, just givin some critique-ish-ness.
-Donkey Lips

tom

Great Cover.
My only suggestion: try and hide your Canadian accent.

Brent

hahaha...i didn't know i have one.  can you actually tell that i'm canadian, or was that just a joke?

tom

well i can tell, but i'm usually pretty good with regional accents.

Seb

"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

rockintomordor

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips