May 02, 2024, 10:27:34 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

how long do you think until ozma will start writing new material?

Started by I Like Ozma, July 12, 2007, 05:15:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I Like Ozma

i know it has only been two months since the release of their album, but how long do you think it will take them to start getting material for a new album, a year? more? less? if i rememberd correctly rrp3, ddd, and stobl were all in consecutive years right?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

xlalaliex

In my opinion, I think they'll get on it after they take some time to tour for a while. I'm hoping it'll only take a year tops for them to start writing some stuff.

Not Jason

Quote from: I Like Ozma on July 12, 2007, 05:15:34 pm
i know it has only been two months since the release of their album, but how long do you think it will take them to start getting material for a new album, a year? more? less? if i rememberd correctly rrp3, ddd, and stobl were all in consecutive years right?

not really.  if you look at the kung-fu release dates, you could get that impression, but those are misleading when you consider that Ozma initially released those independently.  RRP3 was released at the tail end of 99, and then DDD came, I believe, in  early 01.  Spending Time didn't come out until 03.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

well that is why i stated it in the form of a question, because i was not too sure. thank you for clarifying.

CT-700

Well I figure they are pretty much always fooling around with ideas, as are most bands.

Not Jason

Quote from: I Like Ozma on July 14, 2007, 03:49:21 pm
well that is why i stated it in the form of a question, because i was not too sure. thank you for clarifying.

I wasn't trying to be snappy or anything.  Like I said, if you look at the dates on the Kung Fu versions, that's an easy conclusion to come to, so I wasn't trying to suggest you were stupid cause you didn't know or anything.  The reason I immediately knew otherwise was because I used to listen to DDD when I was in high school, and it wasn't for a few years afterwards that Spending Time came out, so I have that distinct memory of waiting two years for new material.
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

i talked to daniel at the show and he said that they have enough material for probably five albums right now they just dont get the chance to focus on any of them yet.

Oatmeal

Quote from: I LOVE Ozma on October 20, 2007, 09:03:05 pm
i talked to daniel at the show and he said that they have enough material for probably five albums right now they just dont get the chance to focus on any of them yet.
awesome. +1
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

brad

Oatmeal

Oatmeal

I Like Ozma

wow this song is simply beautiful.

why can i not stop listening to this?

FireAarro

Excellent! So we can look forward to Ozma's upcoming quintuple-album? Quintupple Donkey Disc!?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

brad

Quote from: FireAarro on October 23, 2007, 03:02:55 am

Excellent! So we can look forward to Ozma's upcoming quintuple-album? Quintupple Donkey Disc!?

Quintuppppple Donkey Disc  ;) haha

I Like Ozma

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

hipsun

ryen says they're all working on new material right now. i gave logic 8 and amplitube 2 to him today and he stopped making his noise "music" for a second and got excited about playing guitar. once he realized he could run a keyboard through the new plug-in, he forgot about his guitar again.

ryen recently played guitar on the song "touch your toes" by odd modern. some tasty licks.
http://www.myspace.com/girardeau 

I Like Ozma

cool thanks hippity

ozma should come out with an acoustic album. i hope they work on "lost" and that one song that ryen had on his myspace that one time "to the paper"

Martha Gail

Quote from: hipsun on October 23, 2007, 10:11:33 pm

ryen recently played guitar on the song "touch your toes" by odd modern. some tasty licks.
http://www.myspace.com/girardeau 

I liked that song, I didn't realize Ryen played on it.  I somehow lost Tree on a Leaf and asked Gerardo to send it to me.  I like it just as well as Grey Sailor.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Not Jason

That's an unexpected style of playing from Ryen.  I like it a lot.
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

has anyone listened to "nothing compares to you" from ryen? its pretty cool.

L

gregor

Ozma seems a lot more excited about creating and doing now.  I think we will see a lot of online demos, enough to hold all of over until the next fully produced album comes out : ). 

damn I love online demos
i love you guys

I Like Ozma

ozma hasnt written any blogs in almost three months, and that blog wasnt even a blog!

I Like Ozma

daniel has a new blog with pictures of venice if anyones interested.