May 02, 2024, 11:55:24 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

New Order cover from ManiaTV

Started by CT-700, December 21, 2007, 04:15:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

Kyosho

December 21, 2007, 04:47:35 pm #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:33:33 pm by Kyosho
Oh wow. Star's singing has gotten a lot better. I mean, it wasn't bad before. But I think she's been singing a lot more lately and she's, just, like, improved. Great find.

Edit: I went ahead and ripped the audio from it and put an mp3 up on the repository. Well, actually, I stereo-ized it first because I can't stand listening to mono with headphones.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Oatmeal

Cool. Thanks guys. This is good. This lead me to find:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,4061802,00.html

I am still looking for more from mania t.v

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

VanSlegr Fan

wow, very unexpected treat. LOVE the cover, great job guys! Thank you CT, Kyosho, Oatmeal for the finds and uploads. Woo-hoo! Now i wonder if that Rentals tribute album will get released soon........
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Not Jason

Listening now, this is pretty cool.  Also, ditto on the Star's singing comment.  She's got a solid strong voice now, and it sounds awesome.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

CT-700

Quote from: oatmeal on December 21, 2007, 06:08:32 pm

This is also a good find, Oatmeal. I searched all over the site to find any other acoustic videos, but it seems like the only video at all that they have uploaded is the interview. Which makes me wonder how the New Order video ended up on youtube. The acoustic Eponine looks pretty awesome.

I Like Ozma

yeah i wonder how many other songs there must have been. the interview is cool though, kenn and ryen dont say anything the whole time.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

ross

how can someone with such a deep voice (dan) hit such high notes?

Kyosho

I'm sure some of you remember this video review that was done of Pasadena. It has clips from that show as well. I've emailed ManiaTV about all this, and hopefully they'll get back to me with something good.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

yeah that was the only one that i thought existed until these recent developments.

antiuser

Fantastic Max

Quote from: oatmeal on December 21, 2007, 06:08:32 pm

Is it just me, or is Daniel looking more and more like Ray Charles, haha (Circa Eponine cover, on that video)
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

man, i wish someone could tell us what happened to the rest of that mania tv thing. (hint hint daniel, you are online as i am posting this...)

CT-700

Quote from: I Like Ozma on January 15, 2008, 11:23:32 am
hint hint daniel

Just because Daniel was filmed doesn't mean he knows what happened to the footage. Its not up to him.

I Like Ozma

doesnt mean he does not know either.

Ianny

Very well done!  Star's singing has improved leaps and bounds over the years.  I'd like to see her featured as vocals on a couple of tracks if/when the next album comes out.  That would be groovy.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

mike

I'M YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T RESPECT YOU!