News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma's battle that never quite ends:

Started by CT-700, January 06, 2008, 03:29:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

machatte

gloom-glaam

I don't know if that really qualifies as a music video.

I Like Ozma

someone needs to put that one video of ryen saying "coffee shop girl, not a song by ozama!" on there as a video response.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Kyosho

Tried to do that but apparently he doesn't allow video responses.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Oatmeal

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I interviewed a girl at an OZMA show who said one of her favorite songs of theirs is Coffee Shop Girl... and I didn't have the heart to tell her... :(  --Basically, I didn't want her to be absurdly embarrassed.

I Like Ozma

everyone needs to know samuel.

if everyone just bought ozma's albums then they would know that coffee shop girl is not an ozma song, because the only reason people think its ozma is because when you go to download music illegally and search ozma thats what comes up, or if someone makes you an ozma mix.

amish

because SOITAC is attainable, right? Are you saying OZMA has NO songs whatsoever that they have ever performed that do not exist on their actual albums?

The reason people find and repost stuff like that, I Like Ozma, is because there ARE songs that you can find that aren't on albums. Live songs, potentially leaked non-album demos, etc.

k24

SOITAC has been so hush hush only the real fans know about it anyway.

I Like Ozma

yeah, if you have even HEARD of SOITAC then you would already have known that coffee shop girl is not an ozma song.

Jeff42

What I don't get is why people don't notice that the vocals in that song sound nothing like Ozma.  ???

I Like Ozma

WELL, when i first heard it i thought that it sounded like ozma pre-DDD, i thought it was ryen though

amish

Quote from: I Like Ozma on January 23, 2008, 11:40:35 am
WELL, when i first heard it i thought that it sounded like ozma pre-DDD, i thought it was ryen though
Quote from: I Like Ozma on January 22, 2008, 08:09:11 am
if everyone just bought ozma's albums then they would know that coffee shop girl is not an ozma song, because the only reason people think its ozma is because when you go to download music illegally and search ozma thats what comes up, or if someone makes you an ozma mix.

how can it POSSIBLY be Ozma if it doesn't exist on an album? Certainly Ozma has NEVER played anything that doesn't exist on an album. No demos, no live songs, nothing. Only what's on their albums. Not even anything prior to RRP3 (RRP3 came before DDD, imagine that!) can possibly exist.

I Like Ozma

Kyosho

In defense of internet morons the world over, I feel I should point out that the original mislabeled mp3 on Napster was shitty quality (and perhaps an older version as well, I think.) Like really really shitty quality.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

cool, now something i said is TWO peoples signatures! awesome!

Ianny

I remember being at a show once and one dude wouldn't stop screaming "PLAY COFFEE SHOP GIRL!" until my and my friends screamed out, "THAT ISN'T EVEN THEIR SONG!"  Then I'm pretty certain he stopped.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

AM Radio

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dKznBLnTN0U

yet another putz that thinks its an ozma song.

thats my comment on the vid

Power Lloyd

Do people still use limewire circa 2003?

I though all this was over. It's The Cautions. The Cautions do that song. Spread the word, people.

k24

i dont understand joe's last comment reply. (denise was performed. not on an album. youtube.)

Kyosho

Quote from: k24 on February 08, 2008, 09:10:13 pm
i dont understand joe's last comment reply. (denise was performed. not on an album. youtube.)

Sarcasm.

beni

Seb

Wow, after all these years I've finally heard it. It's absolutely fucking terrible. Also, it sounds nothing like Ozma. Also, it has the worst lyrics ever.

I do like the Ryen video, though  ;D
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."