May 03, 2024, 02:19:32 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Is Ryen in Nada Surf's new music video?

Started by jaiku, February 17, 2008, 10:12:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaiku

I could be completely wrong, but i noticed a very Ryen-like character on a bike in Nada Surf's video for 'Whose Authority".  I figured it was a possibility that it was in fact him, seeing as how the singer/guitarist of Nada Surf contributed to Pasadena.  You can see what I'm talking about at round 2 minutes and 28 seconds.  Let me know if I'm right, or if I'm just getting my hopes up!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BoLKvWf4Fd0

Not Jason

I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I can't tell who you're talking about in the video.  The only bicyclist that we really get any close view of at all is the primary guy, and I'm relatively sure that's not Ryen.  At 2:28, all I see is the main guy and a dude walking on the sidewalk.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

I think they meant 1:28. The guy on the other bike is dressed how I've seen Ryen dress before (stocking cap, sports coat type thing, etc.), but it's not Ryen.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

yeah that other guy on the bike looks a littttttttttttttttttttle bit like ryen could possibly look, but thats not him.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

jaiku

ooops, i definitely ment 1 minute, not 2.  but it seems the general consensus is that i was mistaken anyway.  oh well!  well, how does everyone like the song, good no?

Cade

I like the CD a lot for the most part.  They recently did KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic, and played some really good acoustic versions of the new songs.

http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/mb/mb080205nada_surf

I Like Ozma

the song is ok, but i only listened to it once.

sometimesrock

oh man, the album is fantastic. I'm very glad they continue to make records. Every record just keeps getting better and better.
I don't believe in pants. I just believe in me.

machatte

machatte

CT-700

Ryen, its awesome that you've been hanging around the boards lately. You should continue to do such. Giving us updates on TGB and whatnot.

I Like Ozma

Kyosho

Oooh! A bunny! C'mere bunny! No no! Don't run! COME HERE! GODDAMN YOU YOU STUPID RABBIT MOTHERF...ooh, look, a quarter.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Tri$tan

Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.