April 29, 2024, 05:59:58 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Wake up tabs

Started by NewYorkerNick, December 30, 2004, 11:41:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkerNick

I'm sorry for the annoyance I am bringing of requesting a specific tab, but last night I went the Sin-e to see Daniel Brummel in concert and outside he played for a few people "wake up" on his acoustic and I thought I could learn it by video taping it, but my clip turned out really dark, so I can't really see his fingers... I'm kind of new on guitar so it is difficult for me to play by ear...

Can anyone help me out by giving me the tabs?

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

juishdog

hey man i was also at the concert Brummel played wake up for my group we have a decent tape of it and we r still tryin to figure out the whole song ill keep you posted when we have it all done

k24

is there any way of getting an mp3 of that?!!?! even if its incomplete

as far as tabs go, the chord progression is one of the pictures on the STOTBL enhanced stuff

brad

hey - i was also a part of that group (hey josh, didn't know you were on this board) - i've figured out the chords for the chorus so far:

Chorus
G C Emin A Emin G D

G (Wake up and) C (Love me baby) Emin (So what if we) A (fought last night we'll) Emin (start today off) G (right) D

Jonas190

Does Daniel Brummel have a website?

Jonas190

brad

Quote from: brad on January 01, 2005, 10:02:47 pm
hey - i was also a part of that group (hey josh, didn't know you were on this board) - i've figured out the chords for the chorus so far:

Chorus
G C Emin A Emin G D

G (Wake up and) C (Love me baby) Emin (So what if we) A (fought last night we'll) Emin (start today off) G (right) D

actually that second Emin should be a C

Fantastic Max

January 16, 2005, 10:38:05 pm #8 Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 01:18:31 pm by ozmacity
Pretty simple.

It's basically:

Verses: GÃ,  DÃ,  EmÃ,  B C G A D
Ã,  Ã, Take my hand and follow me to bed,Ã,  Ã, say you didn't really mean it when you told me to go drop dead

Bridges: Em B C D G D C
Ã,  Ã, nightmares, they've been plaguing me i'm trapped in a fearful mind, oh...

Choruses: G C Em A C G D
Ã,  Ã, (but only till the morning time) wake up and love me, baby,Ã,  Ã,  Ã, so what if we fought last night,Ã,  we'll start today off right

Then, you can pretty much figure it out from there. I just included a few lyrics to show you where the chords went. But yeah, it's pretty easy. I'm still trying to get the part in the middle with just instrumental, and the part at the end with the humming.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

brad

yeah those are the basic chords, but when brummel played it for us (we videotaped it) he was using much more complex variations of those chords

k24

can you rip that for me? i want to see/hear.