May 15, 2024, 11:06:27 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

If it isn't the best picture ever..

Started by Fantastic Max, February 22, 2005, 01:01:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

I found this picture like in 2002 or something when I first got into Ozma. I have no idea where I got it, but I happen to think it's the coolest picture of Ozma, ever. Come on..show at the beach..Ryen looks a lot skinnier than he is now, and he has....hair. Haha.Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  And Jose was still Asian.

I can only hope Pat was sitting next to Star, drumming on his lap.

Does anyone know the story behind this? I've had it forever, but am dumbfounded.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Kyosho

Er...is Daniel holding a tambourine? I think that phases pat out. Sorry Pat. And..don't be so sure that's Star...
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Fantastic Max

Yeah, I had my suspicions that it might be Kat.
-Donkey Lips

Signumark

That photo was in the photo section on ozmaonline.com.

I always just thought they all decided to go to the beach one day and then ended up having a singalong.  And then someone took a photo.

I always liked the fact that the shirtless guy in the background looks like he's about to come over, take Jose's guitar, smash it up, tell them all to shut the hell up and then add the broken guitar to his big pile of wood.
Ess-to-the-Eye-to-the-Jee-Enn-Ewey-to-the-Emm-to-the-Ay-to-the-Arr-Kay...Phooey

Kyosho

Argh! Don't make me laugh so hard when people are sleeping!   ;D
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Seb

"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Radionesiac

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

Seb

Nah, it's not even the best picture of Ozma.

My favourite that I've seen is probably the one where Jose's about to jump in that swimming pool. They just look so relaxed and happy in each other's company. Makes you realise what the band was all about back then.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Seb on March 01, 2005, 01:31:10 am
Nah, it's not even the best picture of Ozma.

My favourite that I've seen is probably the one where Jose's about to jump in that swimming pool. They just look so relaxed and happy in each other's company. Makes you realise what the band was all about back then.
Yeah that one is in my top 5.
-Donkey Lips

cesarsalad

this one?

that's actually Millikan Pond in Caltech (my school! haha). it's way too shallow to be a pool but that pic's awesome.

Potentially Tim

Seb

Touche. That is, indeed, the best Ozma picture there is.

ozmadoodle

FYI: That picture of Ozma at the beach was taken on 1st September 1977 (US Labor Day) at Huntington Beach near the pier.  The girl with the hat must have been Katherine... not Star.   Sorry I cant remember anything else.   

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

ozmadoodle

Thanks,  sorry for the typo.... it be 1997.

Signumark

Ess-to-the-Eye-to-the-Jee-Enn-Ewey-to-the-Emm-to-the-Ay-to-the-Arr-Kay...Phooey

Kyosho

So THAT's why they're always talking about time in their songs. And like the BTTF movies so much.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Kyosho on March 08, 2005, 10:35:22 pm
So THAT's why they're always talking about time in their songs. And like the BTTF movies so much.
Ha..?
-Donkey Lips

phatpubah

CPL593H

returnofdisco

is that james dewees of Reggie and the Full Effect under Mikey's arm?
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

Zombie Don Ho

savewhatyouare

Quote from: phatpubah on March 16, 2005, 08:32:58 am
Quote from: Bullies to go on March 03, 2005, 01:51:56 pm
Sorry, but:

that is the best one

and i was at that concert...

holy shit. i remember this fucking show. goddamn that was a while back

ozma. get up kids. =W=.

damn. that was a great show.

oatmeal

January 12, 2006, 05:10:26 pm #23 Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:19:45 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: ozmacity on February 22, 2005, 01:01:29 am
I found this picture like in 2002 or something when I first got into Ozma. I have no idea where I got it, but I happen to think it's the coolest picture of Ozma, ever. Come on..show at the beach..Ryen looks a lot skinnier than he is now, and he has....hair. Haha.Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  And Jose was still Asian.

I can only hope Pat was sitting next to Star, drumming on his lap.

Does anyone know the story behind this? I've had it forever, but am dumbfounded.

hey im not ignorant, that beach one is one of the best

returnofdisco

reggie and the full effect > the get up kids.  ozma > reggie and the full effect
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

savewhatyouare

Quote from: returnofdisco on January 14, 2006, 08:12:20 am
reggie and the full effect > the get up kids.Ã,  ozma > reggie and the full effect

no fucking way

NewYorkerNick

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

Quote from: returnofdisco on January 14, 2006, 08:12:20 am
reggie and the full effect > the get up kids.Ã,  ozma > reggie and the full effect

You've gotta be kidding!!!  Even James kick your ass if heard you say that.

Helpless Rock

January 15, 2006, 10:38:58 pm #28 Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 01:27:57 am by Helpless Rock
Quote from: NewYorkerNick on January 15, 2006, 05:06:17 pm
Not exactly of ozma but:

You really need to fix that stupid type-o one of these days...

Awkward.

(That would be me in the tape by the way, in '03 I think it was)

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips