April 29, 2024, 01:01:29 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

yes dear in bay area

Started by patty, April 08, 2005, 12:21:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

patty

who's goining to any of the yes dear shows up here?

4-8  noon
Berkeley
lower sproul plaza
free

cancled due to rain

4-8 8pm
Oakland
imusicast

4-9 8pm
San Jose
Nickle City Arcade

4-10 8pm
Orangevale
the boardwalk

i was gonna go to the berkeley one, but i woke up to the sound of a storm and was all....oh hell no.

but im def going to the one at imusicast.
i wanna drag steve, but he keeps making excusses.

look for me please.

jvstin

NICKEL CITY

arcade games + live music = wet dream
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Bob511

Quote from: patty on April 08, 2005, 12:21:04 pm4-9 8pm
San Jose
Nickle City Arcade
Huxtables + video games.  Hard to justify missing this one, as I see it.

::karen::

i will most definitely be at the iMusicast tonight, hope to see you all there. i'm still contemplating the nickel city one, seeing as how it's in san jose and i might not be down to drive there...

syntechs lies

Im totally going to the nickel city show, i dont know how great a show at nickel city will be but i wouldnt miss seeing them for the world.

///

April 08, 2005, 08:44:24 pm #5 Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 08:50:57 pm by justin
I'll be at nickel city...

but it's not too big of a venue is it?

I hope it doesn't sell out before I get there...

edit: scratch that, just hope it's not too crowded...

patty

jose says they free show at call has been resceduled.

its now monday at 5:00

but the imusicast show was nice.
i prolly should have mentioned it sooner, but imusicast typically puts live streams of the show online.
but i dont know if they did it last night.

yeah a bit late to mention that.

Bob511

Green push-pin marker is where I live.
Red push-pin marker is Nickel City.
Red line is the ten-mile route I rode on my bike to the show at Nickel City.
Green blob is approximately the point where when riding the route in reverse to go home at around 10:40PM I heard a loud "pop!" and subsequently the regular scraping of metal on metal from the giant nail that had just gone right through my back tire and was hitting my brake pads every rotation, leaving my patchkitless ass to walk my bike to the nearest Albertson's in order to get money to call my friends for a ride.

Also, motherfucking Pioline kept kicking my ass at Virtua Tennis.  Bands were fun, though.

jvstin

nickel city show was pretty cool. didn't really like the other bands though.

Bob511

April 10, 2005, 12:09:01 am #9 Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:11:44 am by Bob511
Speak ill of the Huxtables and I'll cut ya.

Oddly enough, with the Plus Ones on the line-up, aside from the kids that opened, and substituting Yes Dear for Ozma, this was basically the same line-up from the first show at which I ever saw the Huxtables; the first proper, non-opening-for-Weezer-in-a-huge-auditorium show at which I saw Ozma (minus a sick Star, which I guess makes it even closer to tonight's); and a collection of my three most-attended bands (Ozma followed by the Huxtables followed by the jesus-they-play-with-everyone-so-I-see-them-everywhere-and-don't-even-like-them Plus Ones).

And then there was motherfucking Pioline.  That bastard.

jvstin

Quote from: Bob511 on April 10, 2005, 12:09:01 am
Speak ill of the Huxtables and I'll cut ya.

Oddly enough, with the Plus Ones on the line-up, aside from the kids that opened, and substituting Yes Dear for Ozma, this was basically the same line-up from the first show at which I ever saw the Huxtables; the first proper, non-opening-for-Weezer-in-a-huge-auditorium show at which I saw Ozma (minus a sick Star, which I guess makes it even closer to tonight's); and a collection of my three most-attended bands (Ozma followed by the Huxtables followed by the jesus-they-play-with-everyone-so-I-see-them-everywhere-and-don't-even-like-them Plus Ones).

And then there was motherfucking Pioline.Ã,  That bastard.
i wouldn't dare.

i think i recognized you. did you get the show recorded?

Bob511

I tried to find a threatening smiley wielding a shiv but the best I could come up with was

The show was recorded; as to whether it will ever be more than that depends on how well my 9V in my mic's battery box fared.  I was going to pick up a new one on the way, but got a late start on the aforementioned bike ride. :-[  Figuring that out as I type.

i ended up going to oakland, san jose, sacramento ( :o) and if all goes as planned i will be at berkeley tomorrow as well. *sigh* what a great weekend/beginning of week.

patty

hopefully i can leave work early to get to the show on time
(crosses fingers that no bart drivers get shot).

assuming i still have nothing important to do today at work., i will most likley be there.

blue shirt today.

yesssssss i successfully accomplished four days of seeing yes dear unscathed. everything, especially the performances, went perfectly and wonderfully. i anxiously await their return!!

angie

anyone else think they should really bring their songs down a key or two? or three?
good nonetheless
it's fun(ny) watching nate and ryen strain their faces trying to hit all their high notes

i took a couple pictures but they look EXACTLY like patty's so no need to upload
i must've been right by you (i was sitting on the bench)

patty

April 12, 2005, 02:33:00 pm #17 Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 02:34:12 pm by patty
Quote from: angie on April 12, 2005, 12:06:51 pm
anyone else think they should really bring their songs down a key or two? or three?
good nonetheless
it's fun(ny) watching nate and ryen strain their faces trying to hit all their high notes

i took a couple pictures but they look EXACTLY like patty's so no need to upload
i must've been right by you (i was sitting on the bench)

i was sitting on top of you then!

did anyone else see the two dancers?

the guy in red dancing on one end, and some guy dancing with a tree on the other (my side).

i saw them too! they were so awesome! i hope i'm like that when i'm older. oh my, the silliness of it.

///

good nonetheless

nate makes the craziest faces on those high notes...

and ryen's voice seems higher then it used to be, I don't know how that happend...

jvstin

Quote from: justin on April 14, 2005, 09:00:24 pm
good nonetheless

nate makes the craziest faces on those high notes...

and ryen's voice seems higher then it used to be, I don't know how that happend...
yeah, i could see ryen struggling a bit during imaginary wheels.

ozma was a half step down. that's probably it.