May 17, 2024, 04:51:40 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma Survivor: Doubble Donkey Disc, Round 6!

Started by Fantastic Max, July 13, 2006, 10:00:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song should get booted off the OFF Island?

You Know the Story
8 (36.4%)
Maybe In An Alternate Dimension
4 (18.2%)
Immigration Song
5 (22.7%)
Flight of the Bootymaster
3 (13.6%)
Continental Drift
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 17, 2006, 10:00:28 pm

Fantastic Max

The Business of Getting Down..yeah, too far down to stay in the competition  :-\

4 days, once more.
And I'm looking at it right now.. Says "4" so it should be alright.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Hey..so far things are changin..no Continental Drift landslide. Ha nice.
-Donkey Lips

imatreeandurnot

gloom-glaam

reffering to how you know the story is losing?

Fantastic Max

I think these last 5 deserve their spots..but I like where it's heading. I do feel that You Know the Story and Immigration are the weakest though, personally.
-Donkey Lips

yoshigaki

You all are crazy.  Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is the weakest by far.  It should've gone a couple rounds ago.

funwithsponges

Quote from: yoshigaki on July 15, 2006, 11:05:53 pm
You all are crazy.  Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is the weakest by far.  It should've gone a couple rounds ago.

Yeah, pretty much.  If it doesn't come down to Immigration Song, Bootymaster and Continental Drift, there's something wrong with the voting.  The songs on Russian Coldfusion don't go well individually, and Business of Getting Down and Maybe in an Alternate Dimension are much much weaker songs than the last three.

Lando_Calrissian

Quote from: funwithsponges on July 15, 2006, 11:11:44 pm
You all are crazy.Ã,  Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is the weakest by far.Ã,  It should've gone a couple rounds ago.

Yeah, pretty much.Ã,  If it doesn't come down to Immigration Song, Bootymaster and Continental Drift, there's something wrong with the voting.Ã,  The songs on Russian Coldfusion don't go well individually, and Business of Getting Down and Maybe in an Alternate Dimension are much much weaker songs than the last three.

I don't get it. I always thought Immigration Song was the most boring song on the album. That's not to say I don't love it, but I don't really understand what people love about it so much to make it one of the favourites. The Business of Getting Down and Immigration Song are the only tracks that I think are skippable.

I also think Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is one of the best tracks. Continental Drift is the best.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Pro-active.

supertux

Quote from: Lando_Calrissian on July 16, 2006, 08:33:55 am

Yeah, pretty much.  If it doesn't come down to Immigration Song, Bootymaster and Continental Drift, there's something wrong with the voting.  The songs on Russian Coldfusion don't go well individually, and Business of Getting Down and Maybe in an Alternate Dimension are much much weaker songs than the last three.

I don't get it. I always thought Immigration Song was the most boring song on the album. That's not to say I don't love it, but I don't really understand what people love about it so much to make it one of the favourites. The Business of Getting Down and Immigration Song are the only tracks that I think are skippable.

I also think Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is one of the best tracks. Continental Drift is the best.

Yeah I agree.... Alternate Dimension and Continental Drift are the two best songs on the album.

yoshigaki

July 16, 2006, 09:25:13 am #9 Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:30:48 am by yoshigaki
To me, the only thing I like about Maybe... is the post-intro part where the guitar work is really fine (kind of bluesy).  Other than that, it's just a really simple arrangement of power chords with unspectacular lyrics.  It lacks the "clever" that I've come to expect from Ozma.  (And this is really way too specific, but the hi-hat is mixed too high, I think.)

Immigration Song, I particularly enjoy because of the bass work by Mr. Brummel.  I like it when bass takes melody.  (And I also might be addicted to anything with a significant amount of reverb.)

I like ozma

Quote from: Lando_Calrissian on July 16, 2006, 08:33:55 am
You all are crazy.Ã,  Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is the weakest by far.Ã,  It should've gone a couple rounds ago.

Yeah, pretty much.Ã,  If it doesn't come down to Immigration Song, Bootymaster and Continental Drift, there's something wrong with the voting.Ã,  The songs on Russian Coldfusion don't go well individually, and Business of Getting Down and Maybe in an Alternate Dimension are much much weaker songs than the last three.

i love immigration song, but i think maybe in an alternate dimension is tied with continental drift for the best song on the album. so i think that the top three should be those three, flight of the bootymaster is good, but nowhere near the rest. and as for you know the story, yeah... its losing...

gloom-glaam

tis not mike other

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on July 16, 2006, 01:45:37 pm
You all are crazy.Ã,  Maybe in an Alternate Dimension is the one of the best by far.Ã,  Dont juge by stupid reason such as song complexity and dont be a butt wipe.

gloom-glaam

I wasn't judging it by complexity, i was judging it on how it sounds, and it sounds awesome, just a lower level of awesome as compared to the songs which are left.

Fantastic Max

July 16, 2006, 07:31:31 pm #14 Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:00:04 pm by Fantastic Max
I dunno, I think what draws me to Maybe In An Alternate Dimension is its classic Ozma sound..or maybe I just have old memories with it..not sure.

I love their simultaneous "Maybe in Lego Land you're mine" or the whole chorus for that matter.
And as for Immigration song...eh. I love all the songs on the album..but I think it ranks among my 3 least favorite. Or maybe it's the fact that I went the better half of 2-3 years under the impression that the song was sung by Ryen or Dan..Sad, really.
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

we are all arguing over why immigration song and maybe in an alternate dimension should go, but what about flight of the bootymaster??????

tis not mike other

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on July 16, 2006, 05:25:03 pm
I wasn't judging it by complexity, i was judging it on how it sounds, and it sounds awesome, just a lower level of awesome as compared to the songs which are left.
Your not one who I think juges by song complexity. I ment that towards the ones who did. And when I wrote it I was in a onery/humerous mood, not too serious,

gloom-glaam