Started by Fantastic Max, December 30, 2005, 11:42:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

Dumb...hurry up and renew.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

patty

Quote from: ozmacity on December 30, 2005, 11:42:45 pm
Dumb...hurry up and read the other threads.

...come on... i KNOW i wasnt the only one thinking it.

noonchild

Quote from: patty on December 31, 2005, 12:43:33 am

heh, nope.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

kitten

patty i always go to applaud you and i see you still have the mighty sexy karma. 

oatmeal

rude

Fantastic Max

Oh..last I read, someone said it was a blank page.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

patty

my sexy karma is a force to be reconed with.

kahnfewzed

anybody know what time those goram ozma tickets go on sale this saturday?

heysarahsarah

January 09, 2006, 05:31:19 pm #8 Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:00:25 am by heysarahsarah
Quote from: kahnfewzed on January 09, 2006, 01:49:09 pm

They are onsale now.

edit: They took them off sale.  Weird.  Must have been an error.

Ticketweb says 10am on Saturday.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Adam

+1 for quoting Firefly

edit: well, not quoting it, per se, but, you know...
Your mother

Kyosho

January 10, 2006, 03:37:19 am #10 Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 03:38:26 am by Kyosho
Quote from: Adam on January 09, 2006, 09:21:23 pm
+1 for using terminology from Firefly

Fixed that for you. Oh, and +1 from me as well.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

bulb dylan

-1 to all of you for not watching Firefly when it was actually on TV. (not a real minus one- just an empty threat)

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Yellow Lightsaber on January 10, 2006, 07:33:50 am
-1 to all of you for not watching Firefly when it was actually on TV. (not a real minus one- just an empty threat)

Bob would like to remind you he watched it BEFORE it was on tv.

Man, what an awesome show.  Srsly, I cry that it is no longer on.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Kyosho

January 11, 2006, 04:01:44 am #13 Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 04:04:58 am by Kyosho
Quote from: Yellow Lightsaber on January 10, 2006, 07:33:50 am

I watched it when it was originally aired on Fox. I was actually watching it mostly because it was on before John Doe, which was a show I'd heard about and had been wanting to see for some time. Eventually I realized Firefly was actually the better show of the two.

You think Fox screwed up the airing of Firefly (out of order, etc.), you should see what they did with John Doe. There were a couple episodes they skipped completely (though I guess that happened with Firefly too), and then they didn't even properly air the last few episodes of the season, except one, which they played out of place, toward the beginning of the season. I only know this because I found John Doe on bittorrent a few months back.

Er..wait..weren't we talking about Ozma? Hmm.

Edit: To give this post some sense of on-topic-ness, OzmaOnline.com is now a blank page again. I guess that means they payed their bill. I keep checking to see if they've put it back up yet.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

kahnfewzed

Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 09, 2006, 05:31:19 pm

They are onsale now.

edit: They took them off sale.  Weird.  Must have been an error.

Ticketweb says 10am on Saturday.

thanks!

and in addition to the nostalgic firefly talk that interrupted this thread (i miss the gang too):

Date:    Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:37:05 -0000
Subject:   [LABrowncoats] Serenity And Beyond
01/09/06 from Empire.com

Serenity And Beyond
Exclusive: Whedon on Firefly's future 

Browncoats around the world cried out in despair when, due to an underwhelming
performance at the box office, Joss Whedon announced that the saga of Serenity had
ended. No sequels, no follow-ups, no hope. But Whedon isn't a man to let his brain-child
die; the man's already resuscitated the franchise once and there's still hope for a third
coming.

"A sequel's unlikely," Whedon told Empire with a note of clear regret, "but it's Samuel
what permutations of something can happen." But if not a theatrical encore, that leaves...
yes, you guessed it, a possible return to the smaller screen. "As long as I was able to
service the characters with integrity and had enough money so that I wasn't hampered,
then I would love to return Serenity to TV. I love that universe; it continues and those
characters live on. There could be a series, there could be a miniseries, there could be all
sorts of things. I'm not ruling anything out. I'll let it simmer for a while and see if anyone
calls."

As for why the film failed to rake in the cash despite uniformly glowing reviews, according
to Whedon it's all in the presentation. "It's a question of marketing ultimately. The fact that
I like to dance around genres with gay abandon has worked to my disadvantage. Nobody
knows exactly how to market anything I do because it usually has so much in it. It has a
diffuseness because of it's origin that keeps it from being the easy sell. Some people also
said that you can't call an action movie 'Serenity' but I think that's still okay. What was I
going to call it? 'Big Smash Bang With Boobies'? Which was, of course my second choice."

DVD sales should, however, put Serenity back in the black and when the bucks start rolling
in we can only hope that one of the suits at Universal looks at the numbers, adds the
success of the Firefly DVD box set and greenlights a return for Captain Reynolds and his
crew. Until that time we advise Whedon to keep his phone switched on.