April 29, 2024, 10:14:41 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

irregardless show

Started by Sandguy, November 30, 2005, 07:11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandguy

since it's getting really close now.... who's going to this show?

kahnfewzed

i'll be there with my quasi-entourage and an extra pair of undies.

phatpubah

im almost positive im going to be be there

only problem is my car just about died yesterday >_<
CPL593H

Zombie Don Ho

If i booted this, i'd keep it on the DL.

because you know someone in the band would make a stink, and it would get banned forever.

funwithsponges

I'll be there.  Anyone know the times/order in which people are playing?

Sandguy

is anyone driving south on the 99 and stopping/passing by fresno by any chance? if so, would you mind picking me up? my sister will be taking the car away from me... unless i can convince her to stay up here because she always goes home every weekend or i could take her there maybe. i highly doubt that situation. :(

anyone? bueller? bueller?

heysarahsarah

I doubt the band would make a stink about a boot.  I haven't heard them complain about one yet, though most times Bob would send it to them prior to releasing it on here so they knew the quality.

Bob and I are going.  Ryne, if we were going that way I would totally take you along, but we're probably taking 101 and stopping in SLO.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

NewYorkerNick

(I know there's already a couple topics about this but I thought this one deserved a new thread.)

**IRREGARDLESS** w/THE WRENS @ the TROUBADOUR...TOMORROW!!
Body:    In a special one-time appearance...

"IRREGARDLESS"
(featuring Jose Galvez, Ryen Slegr, Daniel Brummel, Star Wick, and Kenn Shane)

performing tomorrow night!
Saturday Dec. 3rd, 2005 -- 8pm sharp
at the TROUBADOUR
9081 Santa Monica Blvd ââ,¬Â¢ HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069
$15 / ALL AGES / www.troubadour.com

"IRREGARDLESS" plays at 8:15pm, opening for the Jim Yoshii Pile Up and THE WRENS. Don't miss this show, people! Collectible limited edition "IRREGARDLESS" t-shirts will also be available!

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

greg04

December 02, 2005, 03:57:42 pm #8 Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:02:05 pm by greg04
can someone bootleg this show please?

us east coasters shouldn't miss out completely, you know!  :'(

heysarahsarah

FYI:

Bob is booting this show, provided the Troubador does not confiscate his equipment.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

kitten

if he asked for permission from the band, or if the band was having him "record it for them" would it be allowed?  you know, if you asked dan or something.

greg04

Quote from: kitten on December 02, 2005, 05:45:27 pm
if he asked for permission from the band, or if the band was having him "record it for them" would it be allowed?  you know, if you asked dan or something.

i talked to brummel yesterday and he said he didn't mind. just hide the equipment in your crotch and make it happen!

Bob511

I think she meant permission when dealing with the Troubadour staff, not the band themselves.

As nice as it would be, I'm not really inclined to bug the group about it, though, both because many venues won't allow recording even with the band's permission (let alone with only the permission of the opening act) because they charge for the service themselves, and because I think the band has enough hassle on their hands just setting up and performing without having to worry about coordinating recording permission with the house.

greg04

Quote from: Bob511 on December 03, 2005, 08:52:23 am
I think she meant permission when dealing with the Troubadour staff, not the band themselves.

As nice as it would be, I'm not really inclined to bug the group about it, though, both because many venues won't allow recording even with the band's permission (let alone with only the permission of the opening act) because they charge for the service themselves, and because I think the band has enough hassle on their hands just setting up and performing without having to worry about coordinating recording permission with the house.

yeah. it might be a problem since the troubadour offers the service themselves. i doubt they'd give you permission. you'd have to sneek it in or it's not happening.

Zombie Don Ho

I haven't been to the Troubador in ages, do they pat you down before entry?

they did that at the El Rey last time i was there... i can't remember what the Troubador situation was like.

phatpubah

hahaha yea they still do
most places seem to do that
i was at the santa barbara bowl and the guard grabbed my ass but i let it slide
CPL593H

Zombie Don Ho

you might have to hide the minidisc (or whatever) between a nice set of bewbz.  :happydance:

patty

Quote from: les cambrioleurs on December 03, 2005, 01:06:53 pm
you might have to hide the minidisc (or whatever) between a nice set of bewbz.  :happydance:

lucky you.
sarah has very nice bewbz.

when a good friend of mine was 17, he brought an ounce of weed ON A PLANE from NYC down here to Maryland.Ã,  After it was simply in his inside coat pocket--which security requested he lay on the X-Ray machine--he freaked out and figured he'd be better off taping it in his pants, behind his balls essentially.Ã,  He did that and made it down with no problem.

I always assumed that between the legs there was the best spot to hide stuff... I mean, sometimes they'll pat pretty close, but no one wasnts to pat THAT close.Ã,  However, I've never tried it.

Kyosho

Well, you could always look behind you and see if there's a door open to a beach, and you could stash it there until you get inside.

Dod-a-chock?!
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

p3tari

just got back from the show..  they played your name shooting stars battlescars and wake up.. and daniel told me they are probably going to start playing more shows in april.. so it looks like they might be back..

jvstin

Quote from: p3tari on December 03, 2005, 10:54:42 pm
just got back from the show..Ã,  they played your name shooting stars battlescars and wake up.. and daniel told me they are probably going to start playing more shows in april.. so it looks like they might be back..
april is a good month

any new material?
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

everyshow

The show was pretty awesome despite the short set list. They only played 6 songs. The four mentioned above plus Continental Dirft and a song I did not recognize so I guess it was a new one. So if they are playing new songs, then I guess that is a good sign. They all seemed in top form...I wonder if that new guy will be the permanent drummer if they start playing regularly or if Pat will return. Does anyone know? I thought I saw him at the show. I saw mention of recording earlier in this thread, so if anyone ended up recording, put that stuff up on here! Please...

kitten

i think that guy is just a temp, unless anyone got any word at the show.  they're supposed to auditioning people now.

phatpubah

i was on my way to that show and stopped by ticketmaster to buy a ticket but they were sold out

biggest let down of my life

but i dont feel as bad seeing it was such a short set...but it would have been awesome nonetheless
CPL593H

The Other Mike

What did the new song sound like?  Did it sound like they are moving in any sort of new direction?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

thekoalastampede

say hello to the new song, same as the old sound

The Other Mike

Quote from: thekoalastampede on December 04, 2005, 07:12:33 am

wait, were you actually there, or are you just making a crappy joke/reference?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

thekoalastampede

Quote from: The Other Mike on December 04, 2005, 07:18:16 am
Quote from: thekoalastampede on December 04, 2005, 07:12:33 am

wait, were you actually there, or are you just making a crappy joke/reference?

1. I was actually there

2. I didn't think the Joke was that crappy

3. They sounded good. It sounded like old Ozma. I didn't grasp the new song entirely but it fit well into the Ozma catalog.

oatmeal

Uh ... I came I when they first started playing I thought and I didnt hear a new song. Was the first song they played your name? They did play "D Song" an ozma b side off of spending time on the borderline.