May 16, 2024, 01:52:23 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Kid Icarus

Started by Maladroit, August 07, 2006, 08:49:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladroit

August 07, 2006, 08:49:21 am Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:49:07 pm by Maladroit
Does anyone know the lyrics to Kid Icarus?Ã,  Love the song!Ã,  Played it live in Chicago...Ã,  Ã, ;D

beni

is this new song #1 or new song #2?  :laugh:

Bob511

First one, if you're numbering by the 2006.05.05 show.  Also gone by "Cool Song" at shows over the past several months.

gloom-glaam

Is that the pone that goes
"I'm still dreaming of clock towers and synchroicity
You call it coincidence, I call it common sense"
?

Maladroit

Quote from: beni on August 07, 2006, 01:11:05 pm
is this new song #1 or new song #2?Ã,  :laugh:

New song #1 = Kid Icarus.

FireAarro

I listened to the two new songs yesterday, and I really like them. Look forward to hearing studio versions.

Anyone else think their old material is now sounding better than it ever has? Just they've improved so much as musicians, and their voices are a lot nicer.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

I like ozma

Not Jason

I think Ozma is far and away tighter than they've ever been.  I think it has a lot to do with Ken being so enthusiastic about things.

Another thing I've noticed is that Dan is laying back a lot more on bass than he has done on most past tours I've seen him at.  He's playing well, but he's keeping it a lot simpler.  At least it seems that way to me, based on the two shows I was at.  I never thought dan's shreading subtracted anything from the music, but perhaps him being more rhythm based is contributing to the hard hitting tightness i've been hearing.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Nordel

August 09, 2006, 03:43:47 pm #8 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:30:46 pm by sandbaby
I think they were tighter when I saw them back in 2004. I 'm more of a fan of Pat's drumming, although I was impressed with Ken's drumming.

Not Jason

Quote from: sandbaby on August 09, 2006, 03:43:47 pm
I think they were tighter when I saw them back in 2004. I 'm more of a fan of Pat's drumming, although I was impressed with Ken's drumming.

even on spending time?  i mean, I think Pat did some really cool stuff in classic ozma songs, but spending time's drumming was yawn-inspiring.
I am the baseball.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: beni on August 07, 2006, 01:11:05 pm
is this new song #1 or new song #2?Ã,  :laugh:
wait, there's 2 new songs?

Zombie Don Ho

3 new songs have been taped.

gloom-glaam

where may I get them?

Nordel

I think I've said this before, but my main problem with the drums on Spending Time was just the actual drum sound. I thought it lacked something that the other records had, perhaps in performance as well but mainly just in production. They should have just stuck with Bruce Witkin. He has engineered some of the best sounding drums I've heard. They're even up there with Hum - Downward is Heavenward, Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Weezer - Pinkerton.

And from what I hear they spent a lot less money when they worked with him having him co-produce the record. Probably got it done in less time too. But, I guess it's nice to work with other people. I just think they had a really good thing going with him.

The Other Mike

Quote from: sandbaby on August 10, 2006, 12:56:39 pm
I think I've said this before, but my main problem with the drums on Spending Time was just the actual drum sound. I thought it lacked something that the other records had, perhaps in performance as well but mainly just in production. They should have just stuck with Bruce Witkin. He has engineered some of the best sounding drums I've heard. They're even up there with Hum - Downward is Heavenward, Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Weezer - Pinkerton.

And from what I hear they spent a lot less money when they worked with him having him co-produce the record. Probably got it done in less time too. But, I guess it's nice to work with other people. I just think they had a really good thing going with him.

Quote from: pat circa spending time
boom....bap.....boom....bap....boom....bap....boom....bap
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

heyDallas

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on August 10, 2006, 03:33:29 pm
boom....bap.....boom....bap....boom....bap....boom....bap

nice.

you're exactly right about that.  Pat was capable of cool drum lines.  I've always really liked the disco beat in shootingstars for example.  on spending time though, god, there was just nothing interresting.  he was on time i guess, but beyond that, I can't think of much that those lines had going for them.  a bassist like dan deserves better drum parts than pat supplied on that record.  In my opinion at least.

Though I do agree that the drums were produced like shit on spending time as well.  even if they would have had more kick to them it would have done a world of good.  That's one of a number of things I disliked about the production on that record, and I do agree that bruce did a hell of a job on the first two records.
I am the baseball.

skratchaholik

The thing that gets me is that cymbal hit at the beginning of "Restart".  The very first one...it isn't in time with anything at all...unless it is like falling on a dotted eighth note or something. 

is kid icarus not in the repository or am i just overlooking it?

Sandguy

boom....bap.....boom....bap....boom....bap....boom....bap.......PISH!

Maladroit

Quote from: skratchaholik on August 13, 2006, 08:56:03 pm
The thing that gets me is that cymbal hit at the beginning of "Restart".Ã,  The very first one...it isn't in time with anything at all...unless it is like falling on a dotted eighth note or something.Ã, 

is kid icarus not in the repository or am i just overlooking it?
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 10, 2006, 12:56:21 pm
where may I get them?

You can download both new songs here... track 4 and 5.

http://www.missteenwordpower.com/2006.05.05%20Slim's,%20San%20Francisco/

I like ozma

i was hoping they were demos

Maladroit

Quote from: I like ozma. on August 14, 2006, 03:48:29 pm
i was hoping they were demos

Nope, sorry... but hopefully they will put good sounding demos up on myspace soon.  Thats' what they said in Chicago... I'm waiting as well.

ozmadic

i love this song...im pretty sure they played it at 2 if not the three shows i went to at chain reaction...by the third time i heard it i knew a lot of the lyrics...

Rome

some of the best sounding drums I've heard. They're even up there Weezer - Pinkerton.

???

I love me some Pat Wilson, but since when is he an exceptional drummer on an album? I know he can back up his talent, I saw him do a drum solo... but weezer drums are fundamental and basic.

FireAarro

Quote from: Rome on August 28, 2006, 11:42:20 pm
some of the best sounding drums I've heard. They're even up there Weezer - Pinkerton.

???

I love me some Pat Wilson, but since when is he an exceptional drummer on an album? I know he can back up his talent, I saw him do a drum solo... but weezer drums are fundamental and basic.

uhh

drum tones
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Nordel

???

Well I was talking most about production. But production aside I really loved Pat drumming on Pinkerton especially. Sure, Blue Album drums were really simple and basic, but Pat's drumming on Pinkerton was exceptional. He ins't just constantly whipping it out through the whole record, but the fills on that album perfectly complimented everything else that is going on in that record. And I think he showed more techinical proficiency on Pinkerton than on any other Weezer album.

I love the bass on that record too. Matt deserves alot of credit for great bass on Pinkerton (although I don't know if maybe Rivers wrote all or most of the bass lines or if he just kind of let Matt write his own.)

Rome

QuoteSure, Blue Album drums were really simple and basic, but Pat's drumming on Pinkerton was exceptional.

They are all simple and basic. From Blue to Make Believe.

QuoteWell I was talking most about production.
Oh.

tom

Quote from: sandbaby on August 29, 2006, 10:46:57 am

???

Well I was talking most about production. But production aside I really loved Pat drumming on Pinkerton especially. Sure, Blue Album drums were really simple and basic, but Pat's drumming on Pinkerton was exceptional. He ins't just constantly whipping it out through the whole record, but the fills on that album perfectly complimented everything else that is going on in that record. And I think he showed more techinical proficiency on Pinkerton than on any other Weezer album.

I love the bass on that record too. Matt deserves alot of credit for great bass on Pinkerton (although I don't know if maybe Rivers wrote all or most of the bass lines or if he just kind of let Matt write his own.)
I don't think Matt was ever allowed to write without Rivers' input as far as I know.

WhoYouCallinWeez

August 29, 2006, 11:13:19 pm #28 Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:14:23 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
QuoteI don't think Matt was ever allowed to write without Rivers' input as far as I know.

i think i read that Matt wrote most of the keyboard parts on Pink, esp. on Tired of Sex. Also, i think thats why he sued Weezer, because Rivers wouldn't  give him his royalties or something?

CT-700

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on August 29, 2006, 11:13:19 pm
QuoteI don't think Matt was ever allowed to write without Rivers' input as far as I know.

i think i read that Matt wrote most of the keyboard parts on Pink, esp. on Tired of Sex. Also, i think thats why he sued Weezer, because Rivers wouldn'tÃ,  give him his royalties or something?

Yeah but Rivers had written TOS way back in 1992 and then it so happened he picked it back up for SFTBH. Plus he plays the keyboard on it in the ealry SFTBH demo.