April 29, 2024, 11:37:56 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Who here knows ozma the most?

Started by I like ozma, November 20, 2006, 10:50:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 23, 2006, 04:10:33 pm
jason what do u own? i guess i didnt know they had a big collection of stuff to own.

a lot of stuff.  I've been considering selling some of it, but I have a whole lot of other CDs and records that need to be gotten rid of first I think.  I still like Ozma, but I feel like I'm a much different person than I was when I built up this collection, and I don't really have much of an interest in maintaining it anymore.  Basically, there is the core collection that anybody could buy at a store, plus some radio promo stuff, import versions of every album (including two different import versions of RRP3) the vinyl releases of the first two albums, the independently released versions of the first two CDs, both variations on their self released demo album, one of the two early demo tapes, side project material like commuter music, monstro and dbcb.  I never bought the most recent elected record though.  Truth be told I didn't care for it.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

CT-700

Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2006, 06:55:29 pm
jason what do u own? i guess i didnt know they had a big collection of stuff to own.

a lot of stuff.  I've been considering selling some of it, but I have a whole lot of other CDs and records that need to be gotten rid of first I think.  I still like Ozma, but I feel like I'm a much different person than I was when I built up this collection, and I don't really have much of an interest in maintaining it anymore.  Basically, there is the core collection that anybody could buy at a store, plus some radio promo stuff, import versions of every album (including two different import versions of RRP3) the vinyl releases of the first two albums, the independently released versions of the first two CDs, both variations on their self released demo album, one of the two early demo tapes, side project material like commuter music, monstro and dbcb.  I never bought the most recent elected record though.  Truth be told I didn't care for it.

Plus, you have just about every bootleg right?

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on November 23, 2006, 07:01:59 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on November 23, 2006, 06:55:29 pm

Plus, you have just about every bootleg right?

eh, pre-comeback.  I don't think I have any of the things that have been recorded since then.  Besides, bootlegs being in MP3, they don't really count towards the collection.
I am the baseball.

WhoYouCallinWeez

id have to agree with the mp3 bootlegs not counting. when u say "self released demo album" i assume u mean u have inaudible sounds of trucks and cars cd-rs they released? guess i didnt know u were counting the side projects to. cant say id spend money on any of the side projects, well, MAYBE the yes dear album.

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 23, 2006, 08:28:17 pm
id have to agree with the mp3 bootlegs not counting. when u say "self released demo album" i assume u mean u have inaudible sounds of trucks and cars cd-rs they released? guess i didnt know u were counting the side projects to. cant say id spend money on any of the side projects, well, MAYBE the yes dear album.

the yes dear album would be worth every penny, if you couldnt download the songs on their page.

Not Jason

Oh yeah, I've got that too.  Kim sent it to me.  It's pretty good, but it's all the stuff that you can download stuck on a CDR, so it's nothing you can't simulate on your own.  And I think the contraband album's worth owning, personally.
I am the baseball.

WhoYouCallinWeez

wait, the Yes Dear album is all the mp3's that i have already from the website? lame.

i dunno i like parts of contraband, the key's mainly. just hasnt hooked me, i like some of the songs but i hate that it has 2 remixes of acc. sunrise included. remixes are b-sides only, imo

claydarcy

Cheese

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on November 22, 2006, 02:17:46 pm
I wouldn't say he knows more than Daniel for the shear fact that he's been in Ozma longer, you might as well say Casey is the smartest because he is the oldest, but look at how many kids he has. Just seems like a foolish way of thinking.

I was scrolling through this thread skimming over the posts and seen my name.  I was like "What the...?"  Then I laughed.  So, it got me thinking.  Let's see, I could be considered the "wisest" here cause I'm eldest. (I think Dylan is actually a bit older than I)  But I have a third kid on the way, which makes me a little foolish.  THEN I thought aren't Mormons known for having LOTS of kids?  Hmmmm......   ;)

Elliott

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 24, 2006, 07:27:38 am
wait, the Yes Dear album is all the mp3's that i have already from the website? lame.
The songs you have are the demo versions I think, the top qualitiy songs are on their album.

I like ozma

i wasnt saying ryen definately knew more about ozma than daniel, but he has more of a history then daniel, and mike was saying that brummel88 definately knew the most, so i was questioning that.

Not Jason

Quote from: Elliott on November 24, 2006, 08:58:28 am
The songs you have are the demo versions I think, the top qualitiy songs are on their album.

No, it's pretty much the same stuff.  Possibly they are higher quality files burned onto the CD, but it's the same recordings.

As far as Sound Mind goes, the thing to realize is that it's kind of a catchall record.  the part of it that really counts as sound mind is kind of slim, and then a lot of the rest is miscellaneous stuff, including a handful of tracks from his previous solo record.  That's why songs like "view of the sea" and "in time" are somehow on the same record, despite being stylistically a world apart.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

two more days to claim your knowledge of ozma! it looks like machette and not jason will both tie and get one +1 karma point

Seb

"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteI hate you.

care to elaborate, or will that start a fight?

claydarcy

I just think you're illogical, and it sort of gets to me. It was tongue-in-cheek.

WhoYouCallinWeez

November 24, 2006, 08:09:05 pm #46 Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:13:13 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
im illogical how?

I like ozma

i dont think it was illogical, but it was dumb for him to say that they are b-sides only

WhoYouCallinWeez

no, it wasnt dumb of me at all. it was my opinion that they, as in ANY remixes by any artist, should be b-sides please explain to me why it makes sense to put the remixes in the album and not as b-sides or the very least, a bonus track.

claydarcy

What the hell doesn't make sense?

"Here're two different conceptions of this song." What's the problem?

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 25, 2006, 05:26:59 am
no, it wasnt dumb of me at all. it was my opinion that they, as in ANY remixes by any artist, should be b-sides please explain to me why it makes sense to put the remixes in the album and not as b-sides or the very least, a bonus track.

you didnt say that it was your opinion to put them as b-sides only, you said it was the only way possible. thats all i was saying was dumb.

claydarcy

No...he said it was his opinion.

It's just a stupid opinion. :D

I like ozma

November 25, 2006, 09:11:44 am #52 Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:17:19 am by I like ozma.

i dunno i like parts of contraband, the key's mainly. just hasnt hooked me, i like some of the songs but i hate that it has 2 remixes of acc. sunrise included. remixes are b-sides only, imo

if you look at the last sentence he doesnt say "i believe" or "i think" he says "remixes are besides only" but i dont know what "imo" means so maybe that has something to do with his opinion

claydarcy

Yeah, in his opinion. "imo" means "in my opinion".

WhoYouCallinWeez

November 25, 2006, 03:39:53 pm #54 Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:50:57 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
QuoteWhat the hell doesn't make sense?

"Here're two different conceptions of this song." What's the problem?

listen people. im saying that i dont think 2 or more different conceptions of the same song belong together on the album. its an opinion, and you all think its dumb. let that be that. get back on topic. i hope Jason wins

The Other Mike

Quote from: I like ozma. on November 25, 2006, 09:11:44 am

if you look at the last sentence he doesnt say "i believe" or "i think" he says "remixes are besides only" but i dont know what "imo" means so maybe that has something to do with his opinion

post of the week.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

haha. so when do we find out who knows em bestest? i want jason to win hes a swell guy

noonchild

Yes, we need to hurry and end this so I can start my "Which ozma member has the largest  PENIS  ?" thread.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

WhoYouCallinWeez

I like ozma

and the winner is (drum roll please.....)

Not Jason! Ronnie tell him what hes won!