May 16, 2024, 05:09:16 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in the studio video blog

Started by L, January 15, 2007, 07:52:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L

For those who don't have myspace or didn't see it yet...

Ozma in the studio

CT-700

I'm not going to bash you for making statements like this even though you are new, but this and your post about the post about the podcast are already mentioned before. I am not going to be a jerk and take off karma (which means nothing anyway), but for future reference just read are latest threads. You'll usually find that we're already talking about what you want to post. I realize the fact that Ozma has made a blog about it is new, but upon further reading you could of posted it in the studio pics thread (where the video was first posted by hipsun). Just here to help.

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on January 16, 2007, 11:01:52 am
I'm not going to bash you for making statements like this even though you are new, but this and your post about the post about the podcast are already mentioned before. I am not going to be a jerk and take off karma (which means nothing anyway), but for future reference just read are latest threads. You'll usually find that we're already talking about what you want to post. I realize the fact that Ozma has made a blog about it is new, but upon further reading you could of posted it in the studio pics thread (where the video was first posted by hipsun). Just here to help.

First off, I missed the podcast thing too.  I wouldn't have thought to associate a Yes Dear thread with Daniel on a podcast.  Frankly, I'm barely interested in Yes Dear anyway.  And I don't think it's so bad to discuss the videos in their own thread.  So I say we let this be, as the other one was getting kind of clouded and off topic.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

doesnt ryen know that smoking is bad for you????

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

amish

Quote from: Not Jason on January 16, 2007, 11:50:30 am

First off, I missed the podcast thing too.  I wouldn't have thought to associate a Yes Dear thread with Daniel on a podcast.  Frankly, I'm barely interested in Yes Dear anyway.  And I don't think it's so bad to discuss the videos in their own thread.  So I say we let this be, as the other one was getting kind of clouded and off topic.
Exactly. No need to flame L for creating a thread about the topic. The Yes Dear topic 1) Isn't exactly Ozma related anymore. and 2) Is severely off of it's own topic.

L, thanks for the updates.

Elliott

January 17, 2007, 08:04:11 am #7 Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:07:30 pm by Oatmeal
Quote from: amish on January 17, 2007, 05:50:52 am
Quote from: Not Jason on January 16, 2007, 11:50:30 am

Exactly. No need to flame L for creating a thread about the topic. The Yes Dear topic 1) Isn't exactly Ozma related anymore. and 2) Is severely off of it's own topic.

L, thanks for the updates.
Yeah thats why I said its better to have posted it here.

I posted it on the yesdear page becuase they told me about schemdely who almost joined yesdear was in a band called the elctrolites. That lead me to finding this podcastthat had many good bands including the elctrolites and daniel brummel on it, so I posted it there.

Elliott

Quote from: I like ozma. on January 16, 2007, 10:25:53 pm
Quote from: noonchild on January 16, 2007, 10:21:08 pm
Life is bad for you.
No.
That was me saying no. Sorry, I guess he was still logged on to the computer when he got off. Now we cant delete post so we cant fix it.

kitten

Elliott

WhoYouCallinWeez

name all the bands shemdley has been in. what is the best?

I like ozma

according to his myspace it says that he has done some studio work with ozma, so i would have to say... ozma

WhoYouCallinWeez

what did he do with ozma? i like ozma also

CT-700

January 18, 2007, 04:05:56 pm #14 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:11:13 pm by CT-700
Keyboard/studio work on STOTB (as in the album, not song), I believe. Perhaps more, check out the liner notes in the lyrics in the Ozma info section.

Oh and for your question about his bands, these the ones I know on the top of my head. Theres probably more.
-Arlo
-The Elected
-The Electrolites
-Yes Dear (listed as bass duties post-Ozma reunion, i don't know though, he's not a member as of now)
-Above mentioned studio work.

bulb dylan

Wasn't Shmed listed on weezer.com as their keyboardist? Aren't there enough Weezer nerds here to verify?

CT-700

I am in fact one of those nerds. I do not ever recall them ever having a live keyboardist. Brian sometimes played keyboard on the latest tours while their guitar tech Bob Schneck played Brian's guitar parts. Perhaps this is what you are thinking off. They are semi-similar names in the sense they are both odd 'S' names. Schneck - Shmedly.

bulb dylan

Um, no, that is exactly what I am not thinking of.

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes i fancy myself the biggest Weez nerd on here, i THINK i heard that he did Weez-work. He also does work on the Space Twins album The End of Imagining, Brians' band, work on the piano, celeste. On further inspection i dont see him listed on Make Believe, but i believe the touring keys player may be right.

tom

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 18, 2007, 08:07:23 pm
yes i fancy myself the biggest Weez nerd on here, i THINK i heard that he did Weez-work. He also does work on the Space Twins album The End of Imagining, Brians' band, work on the piano, celeste. On further inspection i dont see him listed on Make Believe, but i believe the touring keys player may be right.
I forget his name, but he toured on the Make Believe tour for sure (not shmed). He played keys/guitar and switched off with Brian. I specifically remember because he was from suburban philly and Rivers said so during the concert.

WhoYouCallinWeez

Rivers says alot of things. all of which are true. except the one about me specifically being a little bitch.

funwithsponges

He toured with Ozma.  Mostly East Coast dates.  When Dan was busy doing school things, I think.  Like graduating, maybe?

Sandguy

if i'm not mistaken, shmedly played piano parts for weezers ALMOST fifth album songs, like Mad Kow, Private Message, The Organ Player, and Hey Domingo among other songs.

bulb dylan

Quote from: Sandguy on January 18, 2007, 11:02:23 pm
if i'm not mistaken, shmedly played piano parts for weezers ALMOST fifth album songs, like Mad Kow, Private Message, The Organ Player, and Hey Domingo among other songs.

quoted for truth. He was even listed on their site for his keyboard duties.

The Other Mike

yeah, I don't even like weezer and I know that he played on those album 5 demos.  Way to go, nerds.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

way to be late with the answer then, other mike

and wrong u do like weezer, u just dont like new weezer. i have yet to met an ozma fan that doesnt recognize the awesomeness of blue/pinkerton. or are u the first?

The Other Mike

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 19, 2007, 05:42:31 am
way to be late with the answer then, other mike

and wrong u do like weezer, u just dont like new weezer. i have yet to met an ozma fan that doesnt recognize the awesomeness of blue/pinkerton. or are u the first?

I was being at least partly facetious; I do like weezer's first two albums and almost every single b-side and non-album cut from that era (though I really can't recall the last time I've listened to any of them), but when the majority of a band's output is total crap I can't support them or consider myself a fan.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

yes, Weezers' Golden Era is the reason i still hang on to my Weezlove, because of what used to be  :'(

thou i do love Green album and Make Believe, i cant STAND anything else theyve done since 99. SS2k, Maladroit, Album 5 demos. skip it. big time. the only thing worse than maladroit is the green album b-sides.

I like ozma

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 19, 2007, 07:21:44 am
. the only thing worse than maladroit is the green album b-sides.

i love "i do" it is one of my favorite b-sides.

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 19, 2007, 02:27:56 am
yeah, I don't even like weezer and I know that he played on those album 5 demos.  Way to go, nerds.

I must admit you have been quite the jokester lately.

WhoYouCallinWeez

WOW i hate "i do" and the other 12 worthless b-sides. ok i do like christmas celebration and the jimmy pop mix of HP. so funny to me for some reason. i like the green demos "new joint" , "cryin and lonely", and "burnin sun" FARRRRRRRRR more than the b's themselves.