May 15, 2024, 11:14:43 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma in the studio video blog

Started by L, January 15, 2007, 07:52:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

Quote from: Rock Candy on January 19, 2007, 09:42:38 pm
WOW i hate "i do" and the other 12 worthless b-sides. ok i do like christmas celebration and the jimmy pop mix of HP. so funny to me for some reason. i like the green demos "new joint" , "cryin and lonely", and "burnin sun" FARRRRRRRRR more than the b's themselves.

although it sounds nothing like a weener song it has a beautiful melody that cannot go unnoticed.

brad

January 20, 2007, 01:44:53 pm #31 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:48:36 pm by brad
any of you weezer nerds with the dvd video capture device could see said schmedly playing the keyboards in the live studio session recording of prodigy lover

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 20, 2007, 03:35:17 pm #32 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:36:43 pm by Rock Candy
Quoteany of you weezer nerds with the dvd video capture device could see said schmedly playing the keyboards in the live studio session recording of prodigy lover

because i know what he looks like? good call.

Quotealthough it sounds nothing like a weener song

ha. weener used to be an Samuel weezer cover band in dallas.

brad

tom

Quote from: brad on January 21, 2007, 10:47:19 am
i dont get it.
I think he was trying to be cool and call weezer "weener", but I could be mistaken.

CT-700

Though I am not a member those boards, in the past 6 months the WeezerNation boards have been reduced to chaos. The admins there have put filters on different words. Such as Weezer gets changed to Weener. Plus all the different boards are named different as well. Such as Equipment has gotten changed to Jake Lamotta.

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 21, 2007, 02:42:43 pm #36 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:48:28 pm by Rock Candy
Quoteweener used to be an Samuel weezer cover band in dallas.

what i was trying to say with that statement was that a group named "weener" was a dallas weezer cover band.

or are all the "i dont get it" and "hes trying to be cool" directed at ILO?

QuoteWeezerNation boards

ha. those are still around? wow. i was a big poster at the WIDF, but thats gone now. or is it? i hope it is, weezer is dead to the world

I like ozma

as was brought out on the weezernation board if you type in weezer it is automatically changed to weener. i guess i have just gotten used to typing weener instead.

Not Jason

I think schmedly might have programmed the little weird synth arpegiation thing in "Spending Time" (the song).  I had a talk with him about what exactly he did on the Ozma record when he toured with them on the Rooney fiasco shows, but I forget exactly what he said.  I remember he took credit for "programming", so anything that seems inhumanly fast on that record, he might be responsible for.  And at the risk of being off topic, yeah, you self proclaimed huge weezer nerds should reevaluate your titles after missing that bit of trivia.  Incidentally, he was a really nice guy, but his bass playing was lackluster.  Maybe I'm being too judgemental, but it's hard not to feel ripped when you pay for an OZMA show and see some guy playing root notes.  Both him and Nate were really cool though.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

bulb dylan

Quote from: Not Jason on January 23, 2007, 10:32:20 pm
I think schmedly might have programmed the little weird synth arpegiation thing in "Spending Time" (the song).  I had a talk with him about what exactly he did on the Ozma record when he toured with them on the Rooney fiasco shows, but I forget exactly what he said.  I remember he took credit for "programming", so anything that seems inhumanly fast on that record, he might be responsible for.  And at the risk of being off topic, yeah, you self proclaimed huge weezer nerds should reevaluate your titles after missing that bit of trivia.  Incidentally, he was a really nice guy, but his bass playing was lackluster.  Maybe I'm being too judgemental, but it's hard not to feel ripped when you pay for an OZMA show and see some guy playing root notes.  Both him and Nate were really cool though.

I will take this time to tell you that yes, you are being too judgmental. Shmed's knowledge of the Ozma tunes obviously lacks DB's nuanced intimacy with his own band's compositions- esp. with such a small amount of rehearsal time... but to put Shmed at a level below Daniel or vice versa would be a disservice to both men, and I think they'd both be thrilled to be considered as peers. Both are outstanding musicians and composers in their own rite. It's too bad Dogshit never recorded... you could get a true sense of Shmed's versatility.

Aside from that, I respect what you know and how you feel- you seldom arrive at a conclusion without some serious forethought.

I like ozma

ive never been a self proclaimed weezer nerd. i like the band, but not near as much as ozma.

Not Jason

Quote from: Yellow Lightsaber on January 24, 2007, 12:22:25 am
Quote from: Not Jason on January 23, 2007, 10:32:20 pm

I will take this time to tell you that yes, you are being too judgmental. Shmed's knowledge of the Ozma tunes obviously lacks DB's nuanced intimacy with his own band's compositions- esp. with such a small amount of rehearsal time... but to put Shmed at a level below Daniel or vice versa would be a disservice to both men, and I think they'd both be thrilled to be considered as peers. Both are outstanding musicians and composers in their own rite. It's too bad Dogshit never recorded... you could get a true sense of Shmed's versatility.

Aside from that, I respect what you know and how you feel- you seldom arrive at a conclusion without some serious forethought.

I know that Shmedly MUST be a good musician for the mere fact that he gets studio work.  And because of that, I had gotten kind of excited about seeing him play even if it wasn't DB.  But I think given his lack of prep time and probably a desire not to overstep his bounds led him to play in a very basic manner.  In 99 out of 100 bands, I probably wouldn't have noticed a thing.  You're probably right about me being over judgmental, but I also want to clarify that I wasn't trying to shit-talk his musicianship on any wide scale.  I was merely addressing his bass playing in the context of the performance, which, for the previously stated reasons, should probably be forgiven.  Still, I thought the whole tour situation was weird.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.