April 18, 2024, 03:40:30 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

"Suddenly I feel happy again!" (Album Release Date)

Started by I like ozma, February 14, 2007, 09:39:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

February 14, 2007, 09:39:30 am Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 10:12:19 am by I like ozma
It is now official. Ozmas album (still yet to be named) will be released May 15, 2007!!!!! It is in their latest blog.

It will be released by About A Girl Records, through Lunaticworks / Reincarnate Music / Sony BMG.

I think this is the best news i've heard since i heard they were getting back together.

Not Jason

I should have read this before replying to the other thread.  I wasn't sure if the "About a Girl" stuff was public knowledge or a sure thing yet, but since it is, "woo hoo!"  May's not that far away, so hopefully they'll stick to that schedule.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

I couldn't find anything on about a girl records, do you know anything good about them?

L

From the myspace blog:

It's official... Ozma album number four will be released in North America on May 15, 2007 by About A Girl Records, through Lunaticworks / Reincarnate Music / Sony BMG. We're going to keep filling you in on details like album title & track listing as soon as they get confirmed... so stay tuned, a lot of great stuff's gonna start happening quickly! We have half of it mixed and it sounds killer. We're finishing up vocals and overdubs on the other half now.

Does anyone else watch Mexican television? I mean specifically, Univision, more specifically, "La Fea Mas Bella," "Asi Es La Vida," or "Tres Mujeres" ?? Cause I would have to say that these shows have really "fueled" the recording of our new album, particularly in the "mojo" department. You gotta tune in, trust me, you'll learn more Spanish too.

And now... check out this awesome collection of some of the most artistic posters from past Ozma shows (many of them by the excellent designer, our friend Kochis) --

OZMA GIG POSTERS

Oh, and, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Especially to my fellow heartbroken and sorrowed friends. Let us indubitably re-christen this Valentine's Day "SINGLES AWARENESS NIGHT 2007." (Thanks Jorge.)

Godspeed!

brad

Not Jason

Dan said when he told me about it that this was going to be the label's first release.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

Quote from: brad on February 14, 2007, 10:55:03 am
Quote from: I like ozma on February 14, 2007, 10:13:19 am
I couldn't find anything on about a girl records, do you know anything good about them?

this is all i could find
http://www.rightarmentertainment.com/aboutagirl.html

well i found that too, but it doesn't tell you anything.

tom

so a company that sets up shows and events is starting a record company?...weird.

but, hey.... :o ;D :july232004: :lockdance: :nsfw: :wtf: :omg: :lol:

Cremo

absolutely brilliant news, i thought the album would be miles off, more like september/october time.

best news i've heard all day.

to make it better all i need is some fat weezer chick to bake my =w= cookies  ;D

brad

Quote from: tom on February 14, 2007, 12:47:55 pm
so a company that sets up shows and events is starting a record company?...weird.

but, hey.... :o ;D :july232004: :lockdance: :nsfw: :wtf: :omg: :lol:

well it seems like they have another label going to.  one of the bands on that label (love arcade) i've actually seen in concert with tally hall, so that's rather interesting to me, at least. 

I like ozma

brad

tally hall is on an independent label called quack! that was started in ann arbor specifically for them, but has expanded i think to another band.     

WhoYouCallinWeez

may 15th? hmmmmmm.......i hope so. thats all ill say. i hope so.

Ianny

WOOHOO!!!  This is what happens when I don't check the boards regularly.  I miss kickass news like this.  The minute preorder is available, I've got mine, that's for sure.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

WhoYouCallinWeez

when u preorder does it not ship till the day its released in stores? or do u get it like a week early?

amish

They ship a few days early generally. However they do it to hopefully time it so that you receive it on release day

The Other Mike

Quote from: Rock Candy on February 21, 2007, 05:53:42 am
when u preorder does it not ship till the day its released in stores? or do u get it like a week early?

depends on the record label.  Saddle Creek has been known to send out pre-orders a week or so before the release date.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

nice!  i may pre-order it. maybe there'll be 1 version with a bonus song or something i can pre-order. yay.  :o

I like ozma

how far in advance to they usually start taking preorders? the release date is less than 4 months away.

WhoYouCallinWeez

less than 3 by my count.

feb-march=1
march-april=2
april-may=3

Cirdan

Does anyone know if there will be a european release around the same time or do i have to import the record if i don't want to wait half a year?

simpleton

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips