April 29, 2024, 11:45:41 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Pasadena Album Synopsis

Started by Fantastic Max, May 02, 2007, 04:05:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

May 02, 2007, 04:05:54 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:39:06 pm by Fantastic Max
I already posted this on that leak thread, but for anyone that'd like to read my review
and anyone who wishes to get a tiny bit of a bearing on how it sounds/feels:

1. No One Needs to Know - Still kicks ass, but doesn't have the same feel as DDD, less Jewish sound. Less music, they make some instrumental parts shorter
2. Barriers - I don't know, I just can't get much into this song..reminds me too much of late Yes Dear which I didn't care for much. It's alright though.
3. Eponine - Nice remake, a lot more polished, but lacks a little of the feeling, yet they do play the more emotional chorus at the beginning instead of waiting till towards the end, and Ryen's badass solo at the end is cut a lot shorter.
4. Fight the Darkness - I think this song is cheesy. Again, not bad...just probably my least favorite.
5. Heartache vs. Heartbreak [Booklet says: AKA Should Have Been Love, AKA Perceptions of love (And Heartbreak Leading To A Catastrophic Wave of Emotional Destruction)] - Nice integration of the female vocals, has some real delicious hooks in there, pretty edgey/catchy  Oh and nice overlapping of voices towards the end
6. Incarnation Blues - Starts out with negative seconds with Star, Dan and Ryen doing a little intro where they talk (Haha, oh and Ryen totally nabbed the solo from Yes Dear's "Orion" at about 0:55, but I guess it's okay, cause I'm sure it's his licks anyway..kind of badass though dual guitars, sounds Iron Maiden-y)
7. Lunchbreak (Cobras Theme) - Haha this is cute. Good job Ryen. I really like this song, it starts out with a "Chopsticks"-esque piano thing, and then the distorted guitars come, and it kind of makes you wish the whole song was simpler without the electric guitars, but it's still good. Album title is mentioned.
8. Motorology 3:39 AKA Commuter Music (No. 2) Not a fan of the DJ-ish esque beginning of slowing it down and throwing in weird-timing drumbeats, but I do absolutely love at about 1:25 how the song changes and it gets reeally catchy. Eery guitar effect after that, it's nice.
9. I Wonder Multi-layering of Dan vocals, very nice..Sounds like a futuristic sounding Weezer's "Butterfly" haha, but not really, a helluva lot better, does have the crickets-sound in the background, ha. The harmonies are very solid. Kind of a spanish rythm in parts.
10. Underneath My Tree (D-Song) - Pasadena's "Imaginary Wheels" Ryen's great contribution to this cd. Easily my favorite song on the album, I've always loved D-Song, and it's even better than before, what with clear lyrics and more polished. Something that kind of bugged me though was Dan's 2nd "Whoa" at the end just after Ryen's..he comes in like a second earlier than he does on the original demo, and I know I'm being anal, but to me, it's still great, just more powerful on the demo. Oh and a total Satisfaction's "Nothing, Oh Nothing" moment at 2:53 with the walking up the neck with the bass notes. Samuel song.
11. Straight Flush - I like Kenn's drums in this; very solid. Dan has some very powerful moments in this song. Very heartfelt at times. My favorite part is the dual metal guitar Jose/Ryen sounding parts, Samuel.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

danorganplayer

How does it compare to previous albums???..

Do u like the songs better than there live/demo counterparts...?

The Other Mike

Can you just change your username to Howdoespasadenacomparetotheolderalbums and save us all a lot of time?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

danorganplayer

Ur a real jerk u know that?..

So im excited for a new album, and Id like to know about it..chill out..

Fantastic Max

Quote from: danorganplayer on May 02, 2007, 04:12:36 pm
How does it compare to previous albums???..

Do u like the songs better than there live/demo counterparts...?

The previous albums are classic to me, and have great sentimental value. This album is Samuel, just different. I wouldn't say that it is better/worse, just different, but in a good way. I love it.

I think everyone will be pleased with it.
Oh, and I do like these recorded better than the demo's/live versions, with the exception of that part in D-Song that I mentioned.

The best songs live are the older songs, to me...I heard them play Wake Up, Eponine, Natalie Portman, Spending Time, Rocks, and Shooting Stars and they were easily more enjoyable, live, than the new ones. With, once again, the exception of D-Song...that was beautiful, live.
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Quote from: The Other Mike on May 02, 2007, 04:14:31 pm
Can you just change your username to Howdoespasadenacomparetotheolderalbums and save us all a lot of time?
Quote from: danorganplayer on May 02, 2007, 04:16:53 pm

Haha, yeah man..leave him alone. Everyone's curious about the album.
-Donkey Lips

The Other Mike

sorry, it's a natural reflex to people who don't spell out the word "you".

danorganplayer

Well thats cool thanks for sharing.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: The Other Mike on May 02, 2007, 04:19:27 pm

sorry, it's a natural reflex to people who don't spell out the word "you".

Good point, actually.
-Donkey Lips

danorganplayer

Fantastic max do YOU have aim?

tom

May 02, 2007, 04:31:52 pm #10 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:59:28 pm by The Other Mike
I have the album if you want it.
just IM me, my screenname is: lrishb4st4rd

:P

EDIT - HEY GUYS THIS ISN'T REALLY HIS SCREEN NAME. I REALIZE IT'S DIFFICULT TO READ TWO EXTRA POSTS TO FIGURE THAT OUT, SO HERE YOU GO! STOP IMing ME! I'LL SEND YOU VIRUSES OR PICTURES OF BUTTS.

The Other Mike

oh man, i almost sent the kid a folder full of pictures of butts thinking he was just being annoying!

tom

lol had to do it.

i'm with you, this kid is annoying.

Sandguy

this album is very good! it lacks a certain feeling that ddd and rrp3 have. overall though, i love this album and will continue to let this grow on me. my favorites are motorology, hvh, and i wonder. now i need to learn these lyrics by tonight!

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Sandguy on May 02, 2007, 04:47:29 pm
this album is very good! it lacks a certain feeling that ddd and rrp3 have. overall though, i love this album and will continue to let this grow on me. my favorites are motorology, hvh, and i wonder. now i need to learn these lyrics by tonight!

Yeah, haha..have a good time man, it was good to meet you.
-Donkey Lips

CT-700

I'm telling you, just wait. Go listen to the demo or watch the youtube clip a couple times and do somethign else to get your mind off it. Starting tomorrow its only 12 days wait. Can you imagine how much more you will enjoy D-Song on the 15th by waiting a few more days?

danorganplayer

Living on the east coast sucks..lol

CT-700

icecreamman

The Other Mike

The whole idea that waiting will make the album better is absurd.  Are you going to enjoy it more than the west coast folks are?  No.  Download it, listen to it, buy it... or if you don't like it, don't buy it.  That's what's great about the internet, nobody has to buy shitty albums anymore (not that this one is, I'm sure it's very good).  And I realize I should lead by example here, but don't give this dan kid too much shit.

And Dan, if you really want the song, just leave your IM in your profile.  Some kind soul will certainly see one of your many posts and send it to you.

CT-700

Quote from: The Other Mike on May 02, 2007, 06:10:34 pm
The whole idea that waiting will make the album better is absurd. 

Yeah I agree with you Mike, I was just messing with him because he seemed so desparate.

danorganplayer

Wheres all the nice generous people on here?...O-o

CT-700

Nah I wasn't messing with you in a malicious manner, just kind of fooling around with. Most the people on this board are very nice, I would consider myself one of them.

wabut

Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 02, 2007, 04:05:54 pm
6. Incarnation Blues - Starts out with negative seconds with Star, Dan and Ryen doing a little intro where they talk (Haha, oh and Ryen totally nabbed the solo from Yes Dear's "Orion" at about 0:55, but I guess it's okay, cause I'm sure it's his licks anyway..kind of badass though dual guitars, sounds Iron Maiden-y)

thats where it's from! I knew I heard it before. ;D

Fantastic Max

Quote from: wabut on May 02, 2007, 07:31:35 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 02, 2007, 04:05:54 pm

thats where it's from! I knew I heard it before. ;D

You mean the Orion thing? Haha, yeah it's funny. I wonder if anyone else noticed yet.
-Donkey Lips

CT-700

Quote from: cesarsalad on May 03, 2007, 02:54:30 pm
LEKA IT

Don't you have a bad track record because of something to do with the Spending Time leak all those years ago?

malcolm

Quote from: CT-700 on May 03, 2007, 03:04:20 pm
Quote from: cesarsalad on May 03, 2007, 02:54:30 pm
LEKA IT

Don't you have a bad track record because of something to do with the Spending Time leak all those years ago?

if by bad track record you mean leaks badass recorded tracks, then i will agree

wait... what DO you mean?
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

CT-700

Jason said some not nice things about caesarsalad and that they had something to do with the Spending Time leaks. I was merely inquiring about the such.

The Other Mike

Can people seriously stop IMing me? Tom posted my AIM name as a joke. Either you're too stupid to realize that (though I thought the subsequent posts and my edit to the original post made it pretty clear), or you're just a lurker who doesn't read all the posts and you're just looking for a leak; either way I don't have the album and if I did, I would only share it with boardies that I know.

tom

Quote from: The Other Mike on May 03, 2007, 04:32:52 pm
Can people seriously stop IMing me? Tom posted my AIM name as a joke. Either you're too stupid to realize that (though I thought the subsequent posts and my edit to the original post made it pretty clear), or you're just a lurker who doesn't read all the posts and you're just looking for a leak; either way I don't have the album and if I did, I would only share it with boardies that I know.

Sorry Mike, I meant to edit that, and forgot.