I hate ozma (im a loser)
3 (9.7%)
I want to but have no chance
15 (48.4%)
Planning on it
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

tis not mike other

So I think you guys already heard of the great news.

http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php?topic=1927.0

So.. are you going? ....and if you are, show yourself.

I like ozma

tom

If I didnt live on the other coast, I'd def. be there.

tis not mike other

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on May 15, 2006, 08:58:58 am

Theres 6 of you who said yes, six who siad maybe. It would be cool if thoes who said yes or maybee were to say who they are. Im planning on going tommarow see you there if you can. :)

cesarsalad

I'm going. I'll be there with 2 friends and my gf.

tis not mike other

Cool man.

For thoes of you who are going, this is what I look like:

theozman

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on May 15, 2006, 08:58:58 am

this is the coolest guy ever. he'sgoing with me to the show. we'll see u there.
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

travelinbeat

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on May 19, 2006, 07:13:46 pm
If I didnt live on the other coast, I'd def. be there.

Yo I flew from Washington DC to see this show =)

I like ozma

cesarsalad

i hate to say it, but this was the first time an ozma show has disappointed me. the setlist wasn't that great, they were lacking energy, and there were lots of technical issues. but mostly it was the energy part. i hope they aren't burnt out again. i liked the rentals, having never heard them before, but i had to leave a little early and missed out on love of my dreams.. one of my favorite weezer songs ever. my band covered it back in the day.

tis not mike other

July 13, 2006, 04:50:23 pm #10 Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:48:43 pm by =Oatmeal=
Quote from: cesarsalad on July 13, 2006, 03:32:45 pm
i hate to say it, but this was the first time an ozma show has disappointed me. the setlist wasn't that great, they were lacking energy, and there were lots of technical issues. but mostly it was the energy part. i hope they aren't burnt out again. i liked the rentals, having never heard them before, but i had to leave a little early and missed out on love of my dreams.. one of my favorite weezer songs ever. my band covered it back in the day.
Every thing you said I agreed with except:
*having never heard them before unlesss you mean live
*and I didn't have a band that covered that song back in the day

Alothough this was my least favorite ozma performance I went to and I had to leave before "IJTOTLOMD" as it is some times called, this was my favorite show I ever went to.

The rentals were so awesome I dont know if ill ever go to a cooler more fun show again. I cant stop listening to the rentals bootleg.

The rentals moved to my top fav's, which they might of been before If I havent of lost thier first cd for two yaers or so, then lost it again somewhere in my house and permanitly lost the renatls second cd along with many other cds in my CD case.

As for the opening band, the Ivring (which I never heard of until I went to the show) rocked hard as well, their good, im impressed.

I like ozma

my opinion

Irving = pretty good

ozma = suck (same setlist, no energy{daniel said before the show how much he hates utsikushii shibuya and how much it sucks playing the same songs}, and tech problems)

the rentals = ok (but i was too tired by the time they played to care. but they did play please let that be you however, and that was worth everything, i wish i wouldnt have left early though so i could have heard ijtotlomd)

funwithsponges

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 07:30:14 pm
(same setlist, no energy{daniel said before the show how much he hates utsikushii shibuya and how much it sucks playing the same songs}, and tech problems)

So...why don't they just fix that?  A couple summers ago I saw them three nights in a row, and they managed to play all of the STOTB songs over three nights.  Then later I saw them two nights in a row, and they played the same exact songs both nights.  It's not like anyone is making them play the same shit over and over again.  Rehearse, bring back Iceland, Lorraine, play Continental Drift, Bootymaster more often, etc, etc.

Forgive me, I've never been in a band, so I don't know what the "demands" or whatever are, but it seems pretty straightforward to play different songs if you are tired of playing the same old songs.

k24

Quote from: funwithsponges on July 13, 2006, 07:44:39 pm
Rehearse, bring back Iceland, Lorraine, play Continental Drift, Bootymaster more often, etc, etc.

i like this quote

tis not mike other

Quote from: funwithsponges on July 13, 2006, 07:44:39 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 07:30:14 pm
(same setlist, no energy{daniel said before the show how much he hates utsikushii shibuya and how much it sucks playing the same songs}, and tech problems)

So...why don't they just fix that?Ã,  A couple summers ago I saw them three nights in a row, and they managed to play all of the STOTB songs over three nights.Ã,  Then later I saw them two nights in a row, and they played the same exact songs both nights.Ã,  It's not like anyone is making them play the same shit over and over again.Ã,  Rehearse, bring back Iceland, Lorraine, play Continental Drift, Bootymaster more often, etc, etc.

Forgive me, I've never been in a band, so I don't know what the "demands" or whatever are, but it seems pretty straightforward to play different songs if you are tired of playing the same old songs.
+1 if I coulg if I could give it. I think Ozma could play a just as of an Samuel show as the rentals if they wanted. That would be awesome if ozma made remixes of thier songs and some Samuel intros like the rentals did.

funwithsponges

And for the record, for members of the band, or family members of the band, or close friends of the band, I'm not trying to be an asshole.  I just really would like to know.  Can someone who is in a band tell me if my reasoning is flawed, or if it's just not that simple?  Because I wouldn't know.

It just sounded like I like Ozma actually talked to Dan, and Dan said this thing specifically to him.  If that's the case, I just don't see why they don't change it up.  We already had Ozma break up once, we don't need it to happen again cuz they're bored.

Bob511

Well, it's been said many times in the past that "Iceland" in particular requires a particular pedal which they do not typically take with them, and which I do not believe they even own at present, so there's that.  But in general, if one was bored with the current songs for whatever reason, I don't know that whipping out SITC material is going to up that excitement.

funwithsponges

Yeah, I understand that.  But I guess the only argument I can come up with is at least it's not the same 12 songs they've played 45 times in the last two months.  I don't know. 

Not Jason

July 15, 2006, 01:01:00 am #18 Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:10:12 am by Not Jason
Quote from: Bob511 on July 14, 2006, 09:43:40 pm
Well, it's been said many times in the past that "Iceland" in particular requires a particular pedal which they do not typically take with them, and which I do not believe they even own at present, so there's that.

Trust me, if they say that, it's a pretty weak excuse cooked up to shut us up.Ã,  Anything required to play that song they either have or could get for cheap at a moments notice.  Sounds like it's just a wah pedal as far as I can hear.  Even if I'm dead wrong, Star's got that nice new keyboard... just set it up with some appropriate voice and set the pitch wheel to adjust cut-off, it would produce a remarkably similar effect.  There's no keyboard part in that song, so it's not like she'd have anything else she needed to do.

It seems to me that playing from their entire catelog would relieve the boredom and routine.Ã,  Ideally, new songs would be the way to go, but I've been in bands before, and sometimes digging through the back catelog is a good idea.Ã,  Hell, learn a cover song or something (everyone seemed to enjoy "superstar").  If they were at least open to the possibility of playing nearly every song they had (a lot of bands are), and they mixed it up near nightly, they'd probably have a lot more fun.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

FireAarro

Well, it's been said many times in the past that "Iceland" in particular requires a particular pedal which they do not typically take with them, and which I do not believe they even own at present, so there's that.  But in general, if one was bored with the current songs for whatever reason, I don't know that whipping out SITC material is going to up that excitement.

It's not the wah is it? They could easily do that with Star's keys or something.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

Quote from: FireAarro on July 15, 2006, 01:04:39 am
Well, it's been said many times in the past that "Iceland" in particular requires a particular pedal which they do not typically take with them, and which I do not believe they even own at present, so there's that.Ã,  But in general, if one was bored with the current songs for whatever reason, I don't know that whipping out SITC material is going to up that excitement.

It's not the wah is it? They could easily do that with Star's keys or something.

I edited my post while you were posting this.  You're right.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

even if they didn't have a wah pedal and there was no way that they'd buy one, why not do an alternate version of the song?  I'd love to here drastically altered versions of songs live, and adding improvised parts could make it fun for the band.  I realized how fun this sort of thing was and how good it could sound after I jammed with my old band (none of us had played our songs for at least a year) and we slowed down songs, added harmonies, jammed, etc.  Any band bored with old songs should try taking those songs and adding/changing parts.  I thought ozma might do more of this thing after they experimented with the begining of battlescars.  Given that they took the time to do pretty widely different musical projects and they have a brand new drummer, I think they could find some new life in these old songs.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

tis not mike other

yeah thats what the rentals did. They really changed "Move On", they sped it up and didnt even use distortion later in the song if I remember right.

Bob511

Quote from: The Other Mike on July 15, 2006, 01:22:18 pm
even if they didn't have a wah pedal and there was no way that they'd buy one, why not do an alternate version of the song?  I'd love to here drastically altered versions of songs live, and adding improvised parts could make it fun for the band.  I realized how fun this sort of thing was and how good it could sound after I jammed with my old band (none of us had played our songs for at least a year) and we slowed down songs, added harmonies, jammed, etc.  Any band bored with old songs should try taking those songs and adding/changing parts.  I thought ozma might do more of this thing after they experimented with the begining of battlescars.  Given that they took the time to do pretty widely different musical projects and they have a brand new drummer, I think they could find some new life in these old songs.
Well, is there really that much to "Iceland" besides the wah?

Not that live rearrangement isn't a cool thing to hear, just thinking there are songs with more potential (e.g. "Battlescars") than super-old material like "Lorraine" or "Iceland."

Not Jason

Quote from: Bob511 on July 15, 2006, 04:42:58 pm
Quote from: The Other Mike on July 15, 2006, 01:22:18 pm
even if they didn't have a wah pedal and there was no way that they'd buy one, why not do an alternate version of the song?Ã,  I'd love to here drastically altered versions of songs live, and adding improvised parts could make it fun for the band.Ã,  I realized how fun this sort of thing was and how good it could sound after I jammed with my old band (none of us had played our songs for at least a year) and we slowed down songs, added harmonies, jammed, etc.Ã,  Any band bored with old songs should try taking those songs and adding/changing parts.Ã,  I thought ozma might do more of this thing after they experimented with the begining of battlescars.Ã,  Given that they took the time to do pretty widely different musical projects and they have a brand new drummer, I think they could find some new life in these old songs.
Well, is there really that much to "Iceland" besides the wah?

Not that live rearrangement isn't a cool thing to hear, just thinking there are songs with more potential (e.g. "Battlescars") than super-old material like "Lorraine" or "Iceland."

I love "Iceland", and I honestly couldn't care less about the wah.  I just think it's a song with a cool feel to it that they haven't managed to touch upon in any other songs they've done.  "Lorraine", despite being a favorite of myself in others, is slightly harder to make that argument about however.

as for the rentals changing songs, anyone who's listened to any rentals bootlegs shouldn't be shocked by that.  there are multiple versions of nearly every rentals song, sometimes with entirely different lyrics or radical musical style changes.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

the thing i love about iceland is that it makes me want to actually get up and sing along to it, and that is probably the only ozma song i would actually jump up and down to. and that bridge thing or whatever that is reminds me of eric claptons "layla" but better because it lasts just as long as it needs to and it goes back to the Samuel chorus

theozman

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 03:23:01 pm
i went, and it was ok

i agree with ronnie it was ok. but the rentals were pretty good and had a lot more energy. ozma did have some tech. difficulties which kinda sucked. but i would also recommend a cool band that i have never heard and they are pretty good.  The band name is IRVING
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

Oatmeal

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/