Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: June 13, 2007, 03:32:11 pm

Fantastic Max

I guess the Darkness was just too much for a fight...  :-\

3 days. Vote wisely.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Martha Gail

I don't dislike Barriers.  It's just not my favorite, but I don't dislike it.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Джесси

June 10, 2007, 08:41:47 pm #2 Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:43:12 pm by Zoso1971
So I haven't been here in a few days, and I'm kind of sad to see FTD was booted off  >:(

Anyway, I kind of expected that it would go.

EDIT: By the way, who was the wise one that pointed out that "fight the darkness" is said 28 times in the song?
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

yoshigaki

I'm basically voting completely based on how fun it is to sing the song in the shower, and as it stands, Heartache Vs. Heartbreak is currently least fun.  Mostly because of that retarded rhythm in the beginning.  "B'choooooor..bo-dy-heals...once...y'rlove'as been found."  Am I the only one who's really irritated by that rhythm?  It's swung when everything else is straight.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: yoshigaki on June 10, 2007, 09:53:56 pm
I'm basically voting completely based on how fun it is to sing the song in the shower, and as it stands, Heartache Vs. Heartbreak is currently least fun.  Mostly because of that retarded rhythm in the beginning.  "B'choooooor..bo-dy-heals...once...y'rlove'as been found."  Am I the only one who's really irritated by that rhythm?  It's swung when everything else is straight.

The only thing I don't like about that song, is how Star sings very abrupt and sharp notes. Doesn't let her voice sway and swim around the melody like the others(especially Dan) do. I wish her notes were a little more smooth, and not so concise with the melody.
-Donkey Lips

heysarahsarah

I love that part.

I love the whole song.  Like way more than I should.  i may have to beat you up for voting for it. >:(

Kiddin
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 10, 2007, 10:12:03 pm

The only thing I don't like about that song, is how Star sings very abrupt and sharp notes. Doesn't let her voice sway and swim around the melody like the others(especially Dan) do. I wish her notes were a little more smooth, and not so concise with the melody.

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 11, 2007, 12:27:36 am

I love that part.

I love the whole song.  Like way more than I should.  i may have to beat you up for voting for it. >:(

Kiddin

Yeah, I probably couldn't even think of voting for it till closer to the end, for this part alone:
you are catastrophe
and i rode your wave, it was carrying me
i am an island now, and it's nevermore
you're gonna be drifting up on to my shore
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

i dont think that is a very good line, i like the you are catastrophe but thats about it. im voting for straight flush.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: I Like Ozma on June 11, 2007, 04:07:22 pm
i dont think that is a very good line, i like the you are catastrophe but thats about it. im voting for straight flush.
I dunno, I just dig the imagery in the whole ocean and island themes, and aloneness.
-Donkey Lips

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 11, 2007, 10:40:38 am
Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 10, 2007, 10:12:03 pm

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 11, 2007, 12:27:36 am

I love that part.

Kiddin

Yeah, I probably couldn't even think of voting for it till closer to the end, for this part alone:
you are catastrophe
and i rode your wave, it was carrying me
i am an island now, and it's nevermore
you're gonna be drifting up on to my shore

Thats my favorite part too.  I think its some of the best stuff thats been written by them.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Oatmeal

June 11, 2007, 07:25:09 pm #10 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:28:18 pm by oatmeal
I like it also. That is one of my favorite lines of the cd so far. It remins me of a line from a Simon and Garfunkle song a little just because he called him self an island. But that's only part of this great line.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/