April 15, 2024, 09:42:42 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma's very own Singing Tesla Coil

Started by ///, June 21, 2007, 07:17:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

///

http://www.hauntedfrog.com/gt/movies/2007/duckon/SingingTeslaShow.html

"This is a solid-state Tesla coil. The primary runs at its resonant frequency in the 41 KHz range, and is modulated from the control unit in order to generate the tones you hear.

So just to explain a little further, yes, it is the actual high voltage sparks that are making the noise. Every cycle of the music is a burst of sparks at 41 KHz, triggered by digital circuitry at the end of a "long" piece of fiber optics...

It's been suggested that a good name for this coil would be the "Zeusaphone". "Thoremin" has also been mentioned, though personally I think we need Theramin type inputs for that."

listen closely to the final piece of music... at first I couldn't make it out, but then I was pleasantly surprised

gloom-glaam

That's awesome,  I was bummed out for a bit because I thought you meant Korobeniki, but it turned out I was wrong.

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Tri$tan

I was going to bitch about how Korobeinki would be such a tenuous link to ozma but nicely done!
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

brummel88

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
"When we think of ourselves, we are simply the victims of a delusion." - Aleister Crowley

heysarahsarah

Quote from: brummel88 on June 22, 2007, 01:51:46 pm
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Seriously.

Thats some Ezra level stuff there.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

I Like Ozma

next time you need to play wake up, i think that would sound awe inspiring  on that thing.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

amish

Quote from: I Like Ozma on June 28, 2007, 04:53:23 pm
next time you need to play wake up, i think that would sound awe inspiring  on that thing.
I don't believe it was anyone here who made it.

I Like Ozma

oh, i thought the guy who started the thread made it, my bad yo.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.