April 18, 2024, 02:16:57 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Across The Crabs (ON TOPIC ONLY)

Started by Oatmeal, September 07, 2009, 03:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

christinescollywog

lol i'm sure a lot of people will be wearing plaid/ checkered shirts.

should i make cookies for the guys? i'm kind of tempted to... but i don't want them to turn out bad.
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

http://brainjoy.blogspot.com/

christinescollywog

dub!

yo, ryen posted a myspace bulletin:
".... Some special guests and some twists as well as plenty of moshing Weez fans."

i'm stoked!
Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

theozman

Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

theozman

ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) im gonna put you down... in the middle .. while me elliott and ronnie give you the best party boy you ever had.. lol
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

theozman

Quote from: canucks13 on September 08, 2009, 02:36:48 pm
Is anyone going to record this show?
our friend richie might record it since he just bought a camera.. lol..

canucks13

someone please record the show! please!

I Like Ozma

I did not imagine justin to be asian...
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

christinescollywog

haha me neither. especially because i base everyone off of their profile pics. for example, i imagine dylan to resemble ricky gervais- but not quite.

anywho! i'll try to record some b-sides. but forgive me if my camera and/or computer gives me some technical difficulties.

cesarsalad

October 03, 2009, 12:17:31 am #38 Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:24:31 am by cesarsalad
Quote from: starlet on September 29, 2009, 06:59:56 pm
'i just threw out the love of my dreams' is a pinkerton b-side right?

... wouldn't it be sweet if star guest-sang?

exactly what happened :)

sorry for the AWFUL image quality, my phone was set on lowest resolution for some reason:

the set list says
butterfly (played before they came on over the PA, it was a cover version i hadn't heard)
i can't tell (it was a halloween themed spooky intro song in the background)
no other one
getchoo
el scorcho (w/gang vocals from the opening bands)
why bother
falling for you
i just threw up (w/ dan and star!!!)
pink triangle
waiting on you
across the crabs
goodlife

tired of kjell (?)
you gave

absolutely awesome show

cesarsalad

by the way they were selling ozma stuff at the show absurdly cheap. i bought the Tornado version of DDD and a small boombox t-shirt for 5 dollars total. jose said they needed to get rid of stuff :(

is ozma ok?

baf

October 03, 2009, 12:31:47 am #40 Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:43:06 am by baf
Quote from: cesarsalad on October 03, 2009, 12:20:17 am
by the way they were selling ozma stuff at the show absurdly cheap. i bought the Tornado version of DDD and a small boombox t-shirt for 5 dollars total. jose said they needed to get rid of stuff :(

is ozma ok?

i'll explain later tomorrow in detail because i'm so tired (had a long drive, out of town) but for now just know i talked to daniel brummel after the concert about the status of ozma and they are all on good terms.

and it should be, since 4 of the members of ozma were on stage tonight. now that's a sight for sore eyes, heh

christinescollywog

is ozma ok?

so weird! maybe they need to get rid of the old to bring in the new..? i should've totally bought some merch (esp. since i've misplaced ddd)! i'm sad now.

btw, cesarsalad- who are you? did i see you and not know it??? i was in an obnoxious red sweater- i don't think anyone could've missed me, haha.
i'm also right about half of the crowd wearing plaid shirts :P

any-yay-
that was a very awesome show!
it was weird though; it was shorter than i expected it to be! and it was less \m/! than i thought it would be- which is odd, because =w= is a more 'I WANT TO GET DRUNK AND ROCK!!!!!' type of band than ozma is (personally).
i had great fun though.
it was awesome to see star and daniel on stage- it actually makes me miss ozma more. and star is so pretty! that lady seriously ages like fine wine.
ugh, they're getting older though... time passing also makes me feel sad.
i passed by the two afterwards at the parking garage. i should've said, 'hey! awesome performance!' but i just felt little and didn't say anything.

it was awesome seeing YOU GUYS (you know who you are). it was weird, but cool. - weird in a way that it was the first time we've met, yet i'm like, 'oh shit. i know you... sort of.'

i'm really sorry i couldn't record a song- right before i left i realized my camera batteries were dead (no!). lo siento. :(

ps. i hope they enjoyed my cookies. because... they took time to make...
i'm thinking i should be a pastry decorator.

cesarsalad

Quote from: starlet on October 03, 2009, 12:44:20 am

is ozma ok?

so weird! maybe they need to get rid of the old to bring in the new..? i should've totally bought some merch (esp. since i've misplaced ddd)! i'm sad now.

btw, cesarsalad- who are you? did i see you and not know it??? i was in an obnoxious red sweater- i don't think anyone could've missed me, haha.
i'm also right about half of the crowd wearing plaid shirts :P

i was directly in front of the center of the stage, about 3 people in, wearing a light blue shirt with tiny squares (not really plaid) :P and glasses.

jvstin

Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 02, 2009, 01:07:13 pm
I did not imagine justin to be asian...
sorry to disappoint.

you guys, i got party boy'd and it SUCKED.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

canucks13

I Like Ozma

That show was awe-inspiring. I just threw out the love of my dreams was to me, definately the highlight of the evening.

As for Ozma- Jose said that "maybe Ozma will do something agian" Ryen said that hes working on his own stuff and some other bands, DB said that he would like to make another Ozma record (but probably isnt going to happen any time soon) I tried for about a half hour to talk to Star but some ph@gg0t wouldnt stop talking to her and guess what...

PAT WAS THERE! and he was all skinny and stuff... It was kind of weird actually, it was like seeing the old Ozma back together...

And as for another CRABS show, Jose again said MAYBE, Ryen said NO and the other two it doesnt really matter...

After Dan and Star got off the stage it was silent for a couple of seconds and I yelled out "WOO OZMA, FORGET THE CRABS" and the bassist guy heard me and repeated it, I thought that was funny...

I Like Ozma

Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on July 28, 2006, 06:36:57 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 28, 2006, 03:25:53 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 27, 2006, 11:08:57 am
did trailblazers hit on you?
if i ever see the person in your avatar (which i am assuming is you), i will kill him.

oh my poor dead cousin alfredo
i swear to fuckin' god, i'll get you too

Justin, here is the the post I was telling you that you threatened my life if I ever seen you in real life that you denied ever making <3

jvstin

October 03, 2009, 11:09:09 am #47 Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:17:06 am by ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin)
Quote from: I Like Ozma on October 03, 2009, 09:27:50 am
Quote from: ROGUE DEMON HUNTER (justin) on July 28, 2006, 06:36:57 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 28, 2006, 03:25:53 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 27, 2006, 11:08:57 am
did trailblazers hit on you?
if i ever see the person in your avatar (which i am assuming is you), i will kill him.

oh my poor dead cousin alfredo
i swear to fuckin' god, i'll get you too

Justin, here is the the post I was telling you that you threatened my life if I ever seen you in real life that you denied ever making <3
that was funny. and 3+ years ago.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

baf

okay, back and well rested from the across the crabs concert last night.

if you guys want to see clips (not whole songs) of a couple of songs from concert head to my friend's youtube site (youtube.com/johnny12ockets). please don't give him crap for his videos as we were there to enjoy the concert first, and record second :)

when i talked to daniel after the concert he said he was game with doing ozma related stuff again. i asked him if he was still teaching bass guitar at the CCM and he said yeah, and that he wanted to take down the youtube video because it was stupid (said video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts5JIzjXtHc) hahaha. We asked if he would do any solo shows and i forget what he said, probably said "maybe". johnny12ockets then told him we'd be find just hearing him play 'i wonder' for 45 minutes :D

in terms of the "is ozma ok?" comment, daniel said everyone is on good terms right now (he's living with star i think?). they just wanted a break because they toured the US some 25 times already that they wanted to just take a break, not necessarily to finish unfinished business, but more like do things they've been meaning to do but couldn't get around to because of ozma being a priority, i.e. start families, record new music, REST. haha. daniel then said he personally had a long enough break to the point where he wouldn't mind starting up ozma again, saying how sad it is that the knitting factory is closing down because that's where they first started playing(probably hinting to the possibility that if they do start playing again, they'd play the knitting factory), but if not that, then the troubador. i then suggested San Diego as an alternate venue as a joke :P

ryen/machatte was nowhere to be found afterwards (where'd you disappear to?). i can't believe i missed Pat if he was there. when I got jose to sign my CD i found out that his favorite song on his solo album is 'shortchanged' and when i asked about the similarity between "actually" and the yes dear song "orion" he said he actually wrote/contributed to the making of that song, so that explains why he used the melody on "actually". random info right there.

and not to get anyone's hopes up, this was just off the record chatter between me and daniel so i guess, don't take anything he says as absolute fact or misconstrue my words. though we can safely assume that everyone's still good friends and still keeping in contact with one another

Kyosho

Son of a bitch. I hate you guys. It sounded great.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

theozman

it was a good night.. no cookies and no mosh tho 8-(

christinescollywog

October 03, 2009, 10:40:20 pm #51 Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:41:31 pm by starlet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kakffh439T8

yeah, i wish i rocked out more...

dude, you guys live in victorville. i don't have a car. visit me and i'll make more cookies!

**edit: i love how ryen didn't have to sing like half of the time.

theozman

christinescollywog

i'll think about it.

okayyyy... is it just me or did the green album tribute audience seem more... what's the word?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvrnYXipwNw

theozman

energetic?? fun?? appealing to be with?? yes.

I Like Ozma

baf

well, it's pretty obvious (and sales numbers don't like) that green album >> pinkerton ;)

gregor

i don't even see anyone jumping up and down in these videos.

pathetic scene kid crowd.  the green album show had kids moshing to "i do".  wtf pinkerton crowd?!?!?!
i love you guys

Oatmeal

October 04, 2009, 05:34:40 pm #58 Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:10:18 pm by oatmeal
hey I was basically moshing with myself. I was jumping like crazy. That seemed to annoy some of the girls by me enough that I was NOT about to start a pit. I was hoping that some drunk people would do that. I had fun anyways. It was a great show. Plus I met some really cool off members, + their friends and talked to Daniel, Ryen, Jose, and Loren from Teaneck.

As in the comparison of shows, the energy of the crowd doesn't change really matter too much, when you consider the band and what they played. Come on the green album show doesn't even compete with pinkerton show.

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

cesarsalad

i agree, the pinkerton show was a lot better. i mean seriously, i think people weren't jumping around because the music was so transcendingly good. besides there were definitely pockets of kids jumping around