April 18, 2024, 04:45:18 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

RRP3 question.

Started by Power Lloyd, December 30, 2004, 05:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Lloyd

I borrowed a friend's copy, and his didn't have any pauses between tracks 1-2 and 10-11. Does he have a different copy than mine, or what?

Not Jason

Quote from: Power Lloyd on December 30, 2004, 05:39:15 pm
I borrowed a friend's copy, and his didn't have any pauses between tracks 1-2 and 10-11. Does he have a different copy than mine, or what?

unless your copy of the cd is burnt (or possibly the fabled mp3.com version), there is no reason why you should have gaps between tracks one and two and ten and eleven.  i own three variations of the album and all of them play smoothly through the transitions.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

amish

I think it would sound pretty horrible if they DID have a gap there. They are meant to be smooth.

Power Lloyd

It's not really a big gap...it's more like a moment of silence between Domino Effect and Apple Trees, and In Search of 1988 and Last Dance.

I dot know what would make it different. It's the Kung Fu release that everyone else has with the enhanced CD stuff on it. I thought they were all like that. Maybe I bought one that was like a golden ticket and I could have gone on tour with them or something.

Not Jason

Quote from: Power Lloyd on December 31, 2004, 04:04:50 pm
It's not really a big gap...it's more like a moment of silence between Domino Effect and Apple Trees, and In Search of 1988 and Last Dance.

I dot know what would make it different. It's the Kung Fu release that everyone else has with the enhanced CD stuff on it. I thought they were all like that. Maybe I bought one that was like a golden ticket and I could have gone on tour with them or something.

have you played it in many different cd players and does it do this in all of them?  if so, you may have gotten a defective cd, but it seems weird that such would happen.  i doubt the cd was pressed more than a couple times and i rarely hear about mistakes that effect only a few copies out of a pressing.  but if there was a more wide instance of this i'm sure it would have come up before.

in any case, strange.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Andy

Quote from: amish on December 31, 2004, 10:33:25 am
I think it would sound pretty horrible if they DID have a gap there. They are meant to be smooth.

yeah domino effect and apple trees are basically one song

sammo

That's odd, I've always thought there was a 1 second gap between domino effect and apple trees.  You mean there isn't?

I just played my kung-fu copy again in like three cd players and there's a gap.  I remember listening to it when I first got it, and I was like "wow, I guess they forgot to cut out that interval".

It's like..the bass at the end of domino effect..then 1 second pause, then bass into apple trees.  I thought it was just some unspoken problem that no one ever talked about.

Kyosho

Mine does it as well (Kung Fu). Not always though. Depends on the cd player. It's only played smoothly on one or two of the cd players I've ever tried. But usually there's a gap. It's very strange.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.