May 16, 2024, 12:25:50 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Is Ozma your favorite band?

Started by Potentially Tim, November 11, 2004, 01:05:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 04, 2006, 08:45:20 pm
especially if u wasted money on the mistake known as Maladroit.

WHAT!?!?!?!?

maladroit has to be my third favorite weezer album, death and destruction is probably my favorite weezer song that is on an album right now. so no i do not consider maladroit to be a mistake. and as far as mb, those are probably my fav three songs on it too.

i really like hold me.

WhoYouCallinWeez

maladroit is terrible. the demo seesions were FAR better. and dn'd and burnt jamb should of obviously stayed instrumental. nothing was added by giving them lyrics except more "im so sad" lyrics. if theyd of stayed instru. then we could of said "look, they can do great instrumental songs" instead its jsut cliche weezer ylrics.

ok space rock is good, the guitar solo in love explosion rocks. but u can trash the rest of the album.

CT-700

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 04, 2006, 10:00:15 pm
maladroit is terrible. the demo seesions were FAR better. and dn'd and burnt jamb should of obviously stayed instrumental. nothing was added by giving them lyrics except more "im so sad" lyrics. if theyd of stayed instru. then we could of said "look, they can do great instrumental songs" instead its jsut cliche weezer ylrics.

ok space rock is good, the guitar solo in love explosion rocks. but u can trash the rest of the album.

I'd give this a +1 becuase of your remark about the Mala demos, but I think I am one post off, till karma  :-[

WhoYouCallinWeez

to be hoenst i wish that post-green, we could of just skipped all the hundreds of free demos for a shitty maladroit, and gone right to MB. easily weezers most embarassing era.

Elliott

December 05, 2006, 08:07:32 am #124 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:47:38 pm by Oatmeal
I only really like "the other way" out of the songs from make belive.

I like ozma

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 04, 2006, 10:00:15 pm

I hate you. the demo for maladroit is better though.

CT-700

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 05, 2006, 06:29:22 am
to be hoenst i wish that post-green, we could of just skipped all the hundreds of free demos for a shitty maladroit, and gone right to MB. easily weezers most embarassing era.

Agreed.

But honestly I would of liked them to skip MB too. To think how almost every preteen was saying stuff like: "Have you heard of the new band Weezer? They have this great new song Beverly Hills! lol!". I really really hate that.

The Other Mike

Make believe is definitely the best album they've produced since pinkerton, but that says more about their post-pinkerton output than the quality of the album.  I would state to ILO that anyone who likes maladroit is an idiot, but I think his idiot status has been confirmed and re-confirmed several times over and at least once on this very issue.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Elliott

Quote from: The Other Mike on December 05, 2006, 11:56:30 am
Make believe is definitely the best album they've produced since pinkerton, but that says more about their post-pinkerton output than the quality of the album.  I would state to ILO that anyone who likes maladroit is an idiot, but I think his idiot status has been confirmed and re-confirmed several times over and at least once on this very issue.
Arenââ,¬â,,¢t you glad we all have different taste in music? That makes each person interesting, if we all liked the same exact things and felt the same exact way about things life would be more boring. To bad your opinions is the only correct one however. Man, I hate life!

I like ozma

December 05, 2006, 12:10:32 pm #129 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:15:40 pm by I like ozma.
Quote from: The Other Mike on December 05, 2006, 11:56:30 am

oh how i love not being ugly. it truly is a shame you cannot say the same mike.

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

I like ozma

how did i know you would not be able to come back with something good for that?

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteI only really like "the other way" out of the songs from make belive.

wow. im the exact opposite. the other way, my best friend [which was intended only for the Shrek 2 s.track.], and damage in your heart are the worst songs on the album, and should of been excluded from the album. my favs are 1. freak me out 2. haunt u everyday 3. hold me 4. this is such a pity.

QuoteMake believe is definitely the best album they've produced since pinkerton, but that says more about their post-pinkerton output than the quality of the album.

totally agree. there obviously not gonna get "great" again, and i dont feel there trying at all, really. if we do get a new album, i hope its years into River's marriage. maybe that will give us great weez music again.

jvstin

I like ozma

i hope you thank "^_^" mike for coming to your rescue.

p.s. you're ugly.

jvstin

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

claydarcy

Elliott

December 11, 2006, 11:38:11 am #140 Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:41:34 am by Oatmeal
Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 04, 2006, 06:33:17 pm
to be honest im the same way. im not really interested in new weezer, thou i LOVED make believe. easily my fav of the 3 new albums. but dammit im the same as everyone else, i WANT SFTBH haha.

i want to like brians side projects, but im just not thrilled about Space Twins, so i havent tried Relationship really.

though i am excited about the weez live dvd, i hope it will include the MB videos. nice.
Did you know that some of the sheet music for songs from the black hole are avaible online?
http://www.acrosstheweez.com/media/other/4.html

Therefore some of the unrecorded songs like "getting up and leaving" are covered.
This guy does a good job of it:
http://www.myspace.com/sharplessrock

I found out here, but most of these links are from yousend and thus dont work anymore, but some are still on myspace and purevolume.
http://weezernation.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=123135

WhoYouCallinWeez

yea i know that rivers released taht stuff so the fans could construct there own takes on the songs. its was just about the coolest thing hes done since leaking most of the Golden Era Weezer demos.

but i will definitley check out the GUaL song. dont think ive heard it.

CT-700

Thats a great cover, well let me rephrase that, thats a great song. I guess I can't really say its a great cover when the original version has never been heard by us the public. So great song Jonathon Berry.

WhoYouCallinWeez

ok just listened to it. wow really good...........cover?......ha. maybe its a terrible cover of what the actual song sounds like, but its a great song as he does it. big ups.

Elliott

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on December 11, 2006, 07:05:37 pm
ok just listened to it. wow really good...........cover?......ha. maybe its a terrible cover of what the actual song sounds like, but its a great song as he does it. big ups.
Yeah I like how he does it. I imagine the original sounding like it, but more better somehow, more unique in someway.

I like ozma

how did the tetris cover get changed to this thread?

Elliott

I like ozma

CT-700

Quote from: I like ozma. on December 12, 2006, 03:15:13 pm
nevermind.

I hope no one misreads this and starts to talk about Nirvana now.

I like ozma