April 29, 2024, 11:29:00 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

how many times did you see ozma live?

Started by mattk, November 06, 2004, 07:54:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mattk

me, i saw them live 2x.  i saw them the 2x they went to tampa. would have gone to see them more but they did not come to tampa too often.  absolutely loved seeing them live.

-matt

amish

Quote from: mattk on November 06, 2004, 07:54:37 pm
me, i saw them live 2x.  i saw them the 2x they went to tampa. would have gone to see them more but they did not come to tampa too often.  absolutely loved seeing them live.

-matt
4 times. The last time I saw them Daniel wasn't there.

Andy

i missed my last chance in ny this spring...
so sad

Not Jason

5 times, all in mass.  once with Weezer and Saves the Day, once with Rilo Kiley, once with Slowreader and Earlimart, once with Nada Surf, and the final time with Rooney and Straylight Run (with Schmedly on bass).
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Tri$tan

i was at the last one. i met jason nick and kaleigh. joe was allegedly there but i think he was lying.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

amish

Quote from: Band Geek Stan on November 06, 2004, 08:08:53 pm
i was at the last one. i met jason nick and kaleigh. joe was allegedly there but i think he was lying.
STFU, I think Jason saw me there, although I don't think I ever said hi to him.

Not Jason

Quote from: amish on November 06, 2004, 08:09:41 pm

STFU, I think Jason saw me there, although I don't think I ever said hi to him.

not at that show, i don't think i saw you there.  i said hi to you at one of the middle east shows.  you were wearing a UNH shirt so i figured I'd venture a guess.  but that was i think the only time we ever actually talked in person.
I am the baseball.

Tri$tan

i sat outside at the last middle east show. true story
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Potentially Tim

Once. A non-Dan show. But I did get to go tell Star nice job singing, so it all worked out.

Then I did. With weights. While listening to the Requiem for a Dream song. While crying.

noonchild

I saw them 3 times, 3/4 times they came to utah.

schwarz

I only saw them Once, the only time they came to western Canada.
"Kinda sucks, yeah, but so does Hayden Christiansen at the end of Jedi."

kitten

eight or nine in various states.  i missed dan the last time i saw them. 

The Other Jon

wooti

I missed my chance to not miss my chance. :-\ :-\

ross

adorkoncesaid

i saw the 4 times. all in San Fransisco and with all band members present.  Each tiem i went to see them, they played in bigger and better places. from Los Gatos OUthouse, to BOttom of the Hill, to Slims, to the Fillmore!!

they rocked hard each time!
a dork once said, "something."

RedStarBandit

i've seen Ozma at least 12 times, maybe more.

Mackenzie

I saw them twice, once in Charlotte and once in Columbia. They both rocked. I did not see them in Atlanta last summer because it was too difficult to get there, etc. and I figured I would just see them the next time around. :(

tannerillingworth

1. Cedar Falls with Rilo Kiley, Neva Dinova, and The Reunion Show
2. Warper Tour with lots of shitty bands (meh)
3. Cedar Falls with Echo 3 and I cant remember who else
4. Iowa City with Nada Surf
5. Omaha with Rooney and Straylight Run
6. Des Moines with Rooney and Straylight Run
capture your flag

Ianny

I saw them live 5 times I believe.  Once with Weezer, once opening for Ben Kweller at the Knitting Factory, once headlining a show with Rilo Kiley, once with Nada Surf, and the free show at the Pier in Manhattan with Rooney this past summer.

And it's funny how I discovered Ozma at a show Weezer was headlining, only to discover Rilo Kiley at a show Ozma was headlining, only to discover The Good Life at a show Rilo Kiley was headlining!  Nice chain there, no?  ::)
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

icecreamman

Adam

Three times. Once in Macminnville, once at Lewis and Clark College, playing with Superdrag, and once at Nocturnal in Portland playing with Minus the Bear and Schatzi.
Your mother

xellyjane

once in pittsburgh when they were opening for weezer in 02
once in wilks barre when they were opening for weezer like a few weeks before that
once in pittsburgh last september i think or october when they were opening for nada surf (imo they were alot better than nada surf)

Clive Warren

once, and i live in southern california.  i guess i'm not a very good ozma fan.
We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles.

GrodytotheMax

fuck the inevitable backlash

heysarahsarah

17, not including solo DB or Monstro shows (obviously).  I once upon a time had them all listed out, but that would be near to impossible at the moment, because my brain is dead.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

The Other Mike

three times.

I saw them once with weezer (but ozma was the real reason I went... I had just seen weezer in portland), once with Earlimart and Slowreader (the only headlining show), and once with Nada Surf.

I have only missed two shows they've played around here.  One was the wellesly college show (which I didn't go to because it was a school night and I couldn't order tickets ahead of time), and the latest one without dan (which was the day I got back from Ireland).
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

billy

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 14, 2004, 11:31:34 am
17, not including solo DB or Monstro shows (obviously).  I once upon a time had them all listed out, but that would be near to impossible at the moment, because my brain is dead.

(hey jealousy)

but then again....cuz i live in chicago and they came almost once a year...it was something VERY IMPORTANT to look forward to...and I think i would've enjoyed the shows more so HERE than out in cali just cuz of the frequency of their visits (no offense to cali people)

I saw them the first time with Weezer on the Outloud Tour with TGUK which rocked.
I saw them 3 times (i think) at the Metro, Chicago. (Rilo Kiley, Nada Surf, and then Slowreader)
I saw them once in "Freeport" the most forsaken town in Illinois....EVER.
I saw them once at the House of Blues with Rooney, Straylight Run and The Redwalls.
I saw them once at a Chicago record store after the Warped Tour...acoustic set.

All in all...i'm really happy that they came to Chicago as many times as they did....each time was just a blast.

kimi kameleen

I think I saw them nine times.  I'm gonna count cuz I have nothing better to do...yep nine times.

1. Free show at Pitzer 4.19.02
2. Warped Tour SF 7.something.02
3. Key Club 9.6.02
4. Chain Reaction 9.7.02
5. Davis 2.9.03
6. Bottom of the Hill 3.29.03
7. Slim's 5.15?03
8. Bottom of the Hill 7.15?03
9. the Boardwalk 7.17.03

I missed them lots of other times...I regret not going to a show date on their last tour :'(

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on November 14, 2004, 12:02:52 pm
I have only missed two shows they've played around here.Ã,  One was the wellesly college show (which I didn't go to because it was a school night and I couldn't order tickets ahead of time), and the latest one without dan (which was the day I got back from Ireland).

actually, there were two other boston shows that neither of us were at.  of course there was the infamous yahoo outloud tour that i tried like hell to go to but couldn't, and then there was a show at the middle east with nada surf also around that same general era.  I couldn't go to that because i was in high school and therfor broker, less independant, and further away than normal.
I am the baseball.