May 16, 2024, 08:14:15 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Ocho...

Started by monkeypilot, September 07, 2005, 06:51:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmeal

I talked to danniel on aim i didnt ask about ocho but I asked about bd and the contraband. He said sure spread the word. I think its just someone who wants it to them self who gave you the demo, if its wasent ozma. Thankyou for your kindness, this whole room is king, they are all treating eachother great. Stop the hate spread the love. Ozma is love not hate. ALSO I LOVE OZMA'S OCHO YEAH THE QUALTIE IS BAD BUT IT IS STILL PRETTY GOOD IT ONE OF THOSE CDS WERE IT SOUNDS GOOD BAD. I LOVE IT.  ;D[/glow][/u]

oatmeal

Not Jason

Quote from: oatmeal on September 12, 2005, 02:07:41 pm
I think its just someone who wants it to them self who gave you the demo, if its wasent ozma.

I on the other hand, know to the contrary of this statement.  I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're speculating about things you don't know a lot about.

At this point, I figure it's fine to give out Ocho.  Prior to Ozma's disbanding, the reason for not distributing the material was that Dan had stated to me and others that he prefered not to have the material floating around, for fear that accidentally finding it on file sharing programs would alienate potential fans who had that as their only exposure to the band.  The person who gave it to me obviously didn't want to keep it to themselves, or else they wouldn't have given it to me, clearly.

Since Ozma no longer exists and really doesn't have to concern themselves with those sort of things, I feel comfortable giving out the recordings.  Odds are, anybody who's looking for it at this point is a big enough fan to understand the circumstances of the recording.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

thekoalastampede

How did So Down end up on file sharing programs and such? I've always wondered that.

mike

Quote from: thekoalastampede on September 13, 2005, 07:51:49 am
How did So Down end up on file sharing programs and such? I've always wondered that.

I had them in my getfile before the band broke up.  Peeps mighta snagged em from me or someone else and threw em up there.

But since my computer crashed and I got a new one, I gotta snag em back up m'self.  Solely for collection purpsoses though because, as Jason said, they really are very ungood.

Mike
I'M YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T RESPECT YOU!

Not Jason

"So Down" was circulating online as early as 2001, a good year or so before I had my copy of the tape.  I have no idea whatsoever who ripped that, or why only that one song circulated and none of the others.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.