April 29, 2024, 11:24:10 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

dec 3 troubador bootlegs

Started by oatmeal, December 14, 2005, 10:35:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

Quote from: noonchild on December 15, 2005, 04:28:33 pm
This is just a stand in drummer though right?

Not a new new drummer...?
I was talkin to Dan the other night, and he said they were just tryin to find a drummer that fit.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

and thank you to oatmeal for making this thread

Lando_Calrissian

Pro-active.

simpleton

Bob511

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on December 15, 2005, 03:51:07 pm
Bitrate: -aps (or at least some high VBR)
Alt-Preset Extreme, actually.  Which is probably kinda silly, but meh, bandwidth and diskspace is cheap these days (...says the guy burning a few DVDRs every damn day to free room...).

It occurs to me I forgot to build in ID3 tags to these MP3s.  Sorry, folks, guess you'll have to tag 'em yourself.  :-X

Lando_Calrissian

Quote from: ActionExplosion on December 15, 2005, 04:22:44 pm
i like the new drummer.Ã, 

Sounds good on Shooting Stars.

Samuel bootleg. Continental Drift is the jizz.

Pro-active.

Bob511

It's always kind of grand when they play that one, isn't it?

Sorta syncopated delivery of some of the lyrics, I like.

And the guitar flourishes.  Lots of good ones of those this show.

lonely_hearts

Brady

wabut

Brady

Im so pumped.  I hope they do more shows 'n stuff!

kjh9121

omg is that star singing in Wake Up?!?

these sound simply Samuel, it really takes me back to the road trips my buddies and I used to take in High School to see ozma

Jeff42

Quote from: kjh9121 on December 16, 2005, 10:09:56 am
omg is that star singing in Wake Up?!?
I find it amusing that Daniel flubs the line "say you didn't really mean it when you told me to go drop dead" but seems to get back on track thanks to Star singing it correctly.  It sounds like he starts to sing the "say you'll love me in the morning" line and then realizes his mistake.

Brady

Hehe, sounded a little rusty here and there, but that was to be expected I suppose. Even with those few foul ups it sounded like an awesome show!

Kyosho

Firstly, I'd like to chime in and say well-done, Bob. Very nice boot. Thank you very very much.

One thing I noticed while listening to the show, was the way Ryen and Dan sing differently now. Dan's voice sounds like mixture of the way he sang on Speak Easy, and the way he sang on Gone With The Ghosts. It's noticably different from the way he used to sing, but you can still tell it's the same person. Ryen sounds different too. He sang a little more like he did with Yes Dear.

Anyways, this is all good. I like to hear them progessing.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

nick

awesome, it's so good to finally hear this.  many thanks to bob, sarah, and amish!

oatmeal

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on December 15, 2005, 03:51:07 pm
We got the "ok" from Dan and here it is!

Irregardless - 2005.12.03
Ozma - 00 Intro.mp3
Ozma - 01 Your Name.mp3
Ozma - 02 Shooting Stars.mp3
Ozma - 03 Continental Drift.mp3
Ozma - 04 D Song.mp3
Ozma - 05 Battlescars.mp3
Ozma - 06 Wake Up.mp3

Playlist length: 28 minutes 49 seconds
Size: 46 MB
Bitrate: -aps (or at least some high VBR)

Super duper mega special thanks to Bob511 for recording, encoding, sharing and attending the show. Thanks to heysarahsarah for all the moral support. And lets not forget Amish for ozmafans.com, hosting and everything. And Daniel Brummel for letting us share the bootleg with everyone. 
:july232004:

Protip: If downloading song by song is too much of a hassle, get downloadthemall! for Mozilla Firefox.

ps: expect a special christmas treat in "forum business" soon :)

edit: not that I take the karma system seriously or anything, but if you want to applaud someone; applaud Bob511, heysarahsarah and amish! They rule!

Awesome man thanks for the downloads and for the info on the awesome download them all program. Thanks Bob511 heysarahsarah and amish! Wohooooooo! Thanks  Daniel.

oatmeal

Kurtzie

Quote from: Kyosho on December 16, 2005, 11:38:50 am
Firstly, I'd like to chime in and say well-done, Bob. Very nice boot. Thank you very very much.

One thing I noticed while listening to the show, was the way Ryen and Dan sing differently now. Dan's voice sounds like mixture of the way he sang on Speak Easy, and the way he sang on Gone With The Ghosts. It's noticably different from the way he used to sing, but you can still tell it's the same person. Ryen sounds different too. He sang a little more like he did with Yes Dear.

Anyways, this is all good. I like to hear them progessing.

I noticed that also and Star sang well too.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

phatpubah

awesome!
thanks bob for the sweet boot
and thanks rieg for that plug in!  ive been needing something like that
CPL593H

Jeff42

Hey phatpubah, you're currently my top neighbor on last.fm. :)

Rise_in_this_Hood

The kick-ass bootleg is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

phatpubah

Quote from: Jeff42 on December 17, 2005, 01:01:09 pm
Hey phatpubah, you're currently my top neighbor on last.fm. :)
;)

haha how crazy
CPL593H

butterfly

hey bob you got any mp3 from any of their shows where they played lightyears will burn? do post the links if its okey with you cuz i'm really dying to hear. any thanks for the kick ass dec3 bootleg man

malcolm

"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

I like ozma

Seb

Wow, I've never really been one for Ozma bootlegs, as I've never thought they sounded all that Samuel live (not that I wouldn't ever have wanted to see them live, just that the shows I've heard never sounded all that great). But that sounded really, really good.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

returnofdisco

fantazmic job on the bootleg, what is the "d-song"? can somebody tell me?
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

tom

d song is an earlier song that never made it on an official ozma recording.