April 29, 2024, 10:28:12 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Perfect Tour

Started by woudrow, January 20, 2006, 12:34:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woudrow

The Rentals and Ozma.  They both just reunited it would be friggin sweet. Most people probably like both bands already or would like both. Anyways I'm into it.
Make it happen.

Not Jason

That would be one crazy nostalgia trip.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I thought a Perfect Tour was when three such bands collided....
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

gloom-glaam

perfect tour
would be
=W=eezer
Space Twins
Rentals
Special Goodness
Ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on January 20, 2006, 06:29:00 pm
perfect tour
would be
=W=eezer
Space Twins
Rentals
Special Goodness
Ozma

Too much filler.  I'll take a two band show over that any day.  I'd rather see Rentals than Weezer, and I don't really care about seeing either of the other two bands.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I didn't know that anyone actually liked the space twins or the special goodness.

tom

did atnw blow up or something?

for a perfect tour i'd take...
death cab for cutie
slayer
james taylor
ozma
good charlotte
and...
kanye west for some easy listening

I like ozma

it would actually be the beatles and ozma, but thats never gonna happen, so yeah.

Kurtzie

Quote from: I like ozma on January 20, 2006, 10:14:05 pm
it would actually be the beatles and ozma, but thats never gonna happen, so yeah.

It's so true, but even if John and George were alive and the beatles didn't kill each other and were still a band; it would be highly unlikely.

Imagine if the bands covered a song from the other. Which Ozma song would you want to hear the Beatles play?
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

Not Jason

Quote from: Kurtzie on January 20, 2006, 10:35:26 pm
Which Ozma song would you want to hear the Beatles play?

This get's my early nomination for most absurd question of the year.
I am the baseball.

simpleton

Quote from: Not Jason on January 20, 2006, 10:39:41 pm

yea that made me laugh real hard. and it still does.

aqotgg

Imagine if the bands covered a song from the other. Which Ozma song would you want to hear the Beatles play?

lololololololololololololololololol

I don't understand what is so funny about this.  I thought it was a rather interesting question and I'm actually surprised it was worth LOLing about but not answering.  Is it so funny since such a notion is absoutely ridiculous since the Beatles would just be too good to EVER belittle themselves to cover an Ozma song?  (LOL, jk right? no one respond to that, I said it, not you.)

I think it'd be cool to hear a Beatles version of:  "Utsukushii Shibuya"

But even moreso, I think I'd like to hear the Beatles cover Daniel Brummel & The Contraband's "In My Life."

simpleton

thats me, I guess- i often don't find an explanation to my laughing...and: this discussion seems useless to ME..so I may consider this as funny...

The Other Mike

seconded.

oatmeal

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 20, 2006, 07:44:16 pm
I didn't know that anyone actually liked the space twins or the special goodness.
I love the space twins, the non "End of Imagining" stuff mostly though.

brad

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 21, 2006, 07:51:51 am

seconded.

thirded

RaRPT

haha the perfect and/or oddest match for me would be The Presidents of the United States of America and Ozma. Man... completely different music but awesome nonetheless.  :laugh:

I like ozma

Quote from: aqotgg on January 21, 2006, 03:07:18 am

lololololololololololololololololol

you guys are soooo lame.

I like ozma

i would actually like to hear the beatles rendition of "come home andrea"

and ozma's "norweigan wood"

tom

Quote from: RaRPT on January 21, 2006, 04:39:30 pm
haha the perfect and/or oddest match for me would be The Presidents of the United States of America and Ozma. Man... completely different music but awesome nonetheless.Ã,  :laugh:
i dont think thats such a stretch...not flaming you or anything, but i could totally see them touring together.

ps- moderators, you should change the syntax match of "the beatles" to "super happy fun time"

butterfly

dammn i was actually thinkin' about this too! =w=, rentals, ozma touring together.
but tell me...who will be the main highlight of the show?

tom

Quote from: butterfly on January 21, 2006, 08:38:55 pm
dammn i was actually thinkin' about this too! =w=, rentals, ozma touring together.
but tell me...who will be the main highlight of the show?
for me..it'd be the rentals...ozma in 2nd and weezer third...i've seen weezer about 6 times, and they've gone downhill since the 2000 outloud tour where i was introduced to Ozma.

Kurtzie

I realize the Beatles playing Ozma is ridiculous. I just thought it would be a cool thing to think of, the Beatles were able to play almost any style of music, I'm sure they could  have pulled off an Ozma song. I was actually thinking UtsukushII Shibuya would sound cool too.  Besides its January I'm sure someone will top me by next year, thereââ,¬â,,¢s a lot of absurd people on this forum.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

tom

the beatles could cover andrew wk and it would sound fucking great. fuck you @ beatles haters!!!oneoneoneoneoneoeoneno

k24

Quote from: oatmeal on January 21, 2006, 11:01:33 am

but the special goodness...come on...they put on a decent live show, and a buddy picked up a shirt of theirs for me, but once the album leaked onto that FTTP that was up a few years ago, i was completely turned off. But its okay to wear the shirt -- nobody knows who they are.

RaRPT

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on January 21, 2006, 08:36:21 pm
Quote from: RaRPT on January 21, 2006, 04:39:30 pm
haha the perfect and/or oddest match for me would be The Presidents of the United States of America and Ozma. Man... completely different music but awesome nonetheless.  :laugh:
i dont think thats such a stretch...not flaming you or anything, but i could totally see them touring together.

ps- moderators, you should change the syntax match of "the beatles" to "super happy fun time"

haha no I didn't take that as a flame, but they are totally my two favorite bands of all time and I've never thought of them touring. heh

heysarahsarah

Quote from: srm006 on January 21, 2006, 06:03:27 am
But even moreso, I think I'd like to hear the Beatles cover Daniel Brummel & The Contraband's "In My Life."

Oh my God, you better be kidding.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Indoor Fireworks

Quote from: oatmeal on January 21, 2006, 11:01:33 am

I couldn't agree more. They butchered "Rings of Saturn."
You have balls. I like balls.