April 29, 2024, 10:50:44 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

You can pick the ozma songs

Started by oatmeal, January 27, 2006, 03:47:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmeal

You can help pick the ozma songs at the march 12 show!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1285153&blogID=81088269

This is awesome of ozma

Please, try to help and pick some lles popular songs you want to hear, like some of the rarer rare ones. To much of their mostly played stuff is being picked, I mean they have so many good songs it would be nice to hear the more negected good ones.

noonchild

Why do they put songs like "Iceland" and "rain of the golden gorilla" on the list when we all know they wont play em  :'(
The light cast dark shadows all around me

kitten

not to try and stack the votes, but please please please vote for lorraine.

Not Jason

Quote from: noonchild on January 27, 2006, 03:58:14 pm
Why do they put songs like "Iceland" and "rain of the golden gorilla" on the list when we all know they wont play emÃ,  :'(

This is a special occaision show, they could very well for all we know.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

funwithsponges

Do people not know "Flight of the Bootymechanic" is "Immigration Song" or something?  How the hell is Tetris 20% of the world's favorite DDD song.  Wtf.

And I'm not trying to get all elitist or anything, but some of the comments made were dumb.  Or at least uninformed.  OMG PLEASE PLAY EPONINE, SPENDING TIME, TETRIS, AND BATTLESCARS CUZ I BET YOU NEVER PLAY THOSE ONES.

I'm sorry, it's just that I would kill to see Bootymaster live, that's all.

simpleton

i'm happy for you guys to be able to chose some live songs. but I wanna hear new stuff. not just a d-song.

Not Jason

Yeah, it's like those fuckers that go to shows and yell for the most obvious staples.  We should be begging for the old shit and the things that haven't been played for half a decade.  Well, people who can go to the show should... it makes no difference to me.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

oatmeal

Quote from: funwithsponges on January 27, 2006, 04:50:23 pm
Do people not know "Flight of the Bootymechanic" is "Immigration Song" or something?Ã,  How the hell is Tetris 20% of the world's favorite DDD song.Ã,  Wtf.

And I'm not trying to get all elitist or anything, but some of the comments made were dumb.Ã,  Or at least uninformed.Ã,  OMG PLEASE PLAY EPONINE, SPENDING TIME, TETRIS, AND BATTLESCARS CUZ I BET YOU NEVER PLAY THOSE ONES.

I'm sorry, it's just that I would kill to see Bootymaster live, that's all.

Yeah that was bugging me to. Mostly the tetris song, becuase thats not even an orignial ozma songs and they dont sing so it lacks some goodness. They may lower the the greatness this show can amount to. However it will still be great either way.

oatmeal

We need to make an utimate top five and get as many a we can to post it, that way we can insure great five songs, that usually never have a chance to play.

Any suggestions?

oatmeal

Maybee:

Iceland
Last Dance
Landing Of Yuri Gagarin
Latley
Lorain

???

maybee replace one with "come home andrea" or "if I only had a heart"

funwithsponges

Flight/Landing is a regularly played song.  Same with Come Home Andrea, and If I Only Had a Heart.

I like the idea of Last Dance(never heard it live).  Again, Bootymaster.  Lorraine.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if it ends up being the biggest OGM OZMA REUNION SPECIAL SHOW that they are making this out to be, they might play LA just cuz.  Iceland would be good to see live.

Pretty much if they played old shit that they never play anymore, everyone would be happy.

Kurtzie

Quote from: funwithsponges on January 27, 2006, 05:54:48 pm
Flight/Landing is a regularly played song.  Same with Come Home Andrea, and If I Only Had a Heart.

I like the idea of Last Dance(never heard it live).  Again, Bootymaster.  Lorraine.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if it ends up being the biggest OGM OZMA REUNION SPECIAL SHOW that they are making this out to be, they might play LA just cuz.  Iceland would be good to see live.

Pretty much if they played old shit that they never play anymore, everyone would be happy.

Yeah, I really like Last Dance that would be cool to hear live and definitly Bootymaster.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

Kyosho

Blah. Everyone seemed to vote for the "hits". BLAH.

If Ozma reads this: Please play Golden Gorilla. PLEASE.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I like ozma

i want them to play utsikushii shibuya

Kurtzie

Quote from: I like ozma on January 27, 2006, 06:14:35 pm
i want them to play utsikushii shibuya

UtsukushII Shibuya

Normally wouldn't correct but it's like my favorite song and my User name for CS. But yes I would love to hear that live or Ozma live in general becuase I'm an ass and went to a soccer game and missed the show. Someday I will reach my dream.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

pivotpictures

That ticks me off that Tetris is leading all the votes...

Iceland
Lorraine
If my amp had wheels
Denise

even battlescars acousticlly :)

Ed

oh man, I would be THRILLED if they played Los Angeles.  KEEP VOTING LA GUYS! :P

oatmeal

Quote from: pivotpictures on January 27, 2006, 08:26:02 pm
That ticks me off that Tetris is leading all the votes...

Iceland
Lorraine
If my amp had wheels
Denise

even battlescars acousticlly :)

Ed

yeah that would be awesome if that played some acoustic stuff.

Zombie Don Ho

Quote from: srm006 on January 27, 2006, 08:39:10 pm
oh man, I would be THRILLED if they played Los Angeles.  KEEP VOTING LA GUYS! :P

They played LA at the El Rey theater right after STOTB came out... Chris Fudurich was there, and was all confused when they started playing it. I guess because he'd never heard it before. It was pretty bitchin', truth be told.

I voted for it.

pivotpictures

How about if they thrown in a song from one of their side projects.  Daniel's contraband stuff is awesome.

10:04
view from the sea
bear the load

hhmm  that would be interesting.

Ed

Fantastic Max

Quote from: pivotpictures on January 28, 2006, 12:14:39 am
How about if they thrown in a song from one of their side projects.Ã,  Daniel's contraband stuff is awesome.

view from the sea
bear the load

hhmmÃ,  that would be interesting.

Ed
No.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Quote from: ozmacity on January 28, 2006, 12:53:44 am
Quote from: pivotpictures on January 28, 2006, 12:14:39 am
How about if they thrown in a song from one of their side projects.Ã,  Daniel's contraband stuff is awesome.

view from the sea
bear the load

hhmmÃ,  that would be interesting.

Ed
No.

haha, while I would love to hear those, I think they should pack the reunion show with as much OZMA as possible.

pivotpictures

HAha thanks for the reply.

Daniel's contraband stuff sound like Ozma b-sides or rejects...in a good way.  His new stuff, gons w ghosts and Yes Dear go in a different direction than ozma..

my opinion :P

Fantastic Max

January 28, 2006, 01:08:59 am #23 Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:11:16 am by ozmacity
I don't like Denise with drums, it sounds terrible. I do however, like the acoustic demo of it.

Anyways, I'd say a good top 5 to pick from would be(in no particular order):

-Lorraine (ultimate classic)
-Last Dance (Never heard live, great song)
-Baseball (My personal favorite)
-Iceland (its badass solo thing after the big build-up at 3:07, I swear it's the coolest thing I've ever heard)
-Maybe In An Alternate Dimension (t'would love to hear ryen do that blues thing at the beginning, and daniel do that ridiculous gangster-ish "YEEEYYAHH" that he does in the audible trucks and cars demo, hilarious)
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Quote from: pivotpictures on January 28, 2006, 01:04:25 am
HAha thanks for the reply.

Daniel's contraband stuff sound like Ozma b-sides or rejects...in a good way.Ã,  His new stuff, gons w ghosts and Yes Dear go in a different direction than ozma..

my opinion :P
I like em' too, but dude..no.

It's not Ozma. This is an Ozma show, I'm going to hear OZMA, not one of them..all of them..Well...I guess not pat, but it's okay, ha.
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

how many songs do you guys think theyll end up playing

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

pivotpictures

What do you guys think the set list will end up being for this show?

my stab:

1. Appletrees
2.Come home Andrea
3. Iceland
4. Game Over
5. Turtleneck Cover up
6. Wake up
7. Domino Effect
8. Battlescars
9. Your Name
10. Baseball

encore:  Utsukushii Shibuya

I am probably way off but I thought I would try to wing it. 

Ed

funwithsponges

They haven't played Apple Trees recently that I know of, and when they did, it was always a part of Domino Effect.  So either Domino Effect wouldn't be 7th, or Apple Trees wouldn't be first.

And honestly, if they play only 10 songs...well Ozma sucks then.

I can't imagine only 10 songs for the reunion show.Ã,  Furthermore, I'd definitely expect a rather different set list the second night.Ã,  I mean, who is actually going ONLY the first night and not the second just because he or she doesn't want to?Ã,  I know the second night will be unique.