April 29, 2024, 12:14:13 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

You can pick the ozma songs

Started by oatmeal, January 27, 2006, 03:47:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heysarahsarah

I'm going only the first night because I live 500 miles away and have a job.

I mean, in a perfect world I could take off every day they played and drive all over creation, but the days of my being able to do that is severely limited. 

In any case, I have never heard Flight of Yuri Gagarin.  Landing is constantly played, but never Flight.

I heard Last Dance played one time, following 1988, in San Diego.  I also heard Iceland at one of my first Ozma shows, which was like 5 years ago.

I, too, am disappointed with people voting for like, Tetris.  It's a great song and all, but I'm hearing them play for reals for the first time in over a year and they are offering to play songs they haven't played since before I even had heard of them (potentially), and most votes go to their 10 most common songs?

SIGH INTERWEB.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

funwithsponges

I'm only going to the first night cuz it's my spring break and I already have plans(which I'm technically pushing back for the first show).

And um.  I love Ozma and everything, but the last time I saw them on back-to-back nights, they played pretty much the same set.  The only thing they changed was "Your Name" was the first song of the encore rather than the first song of the entire set the second night.  So my point is pretty much that I wouldn't have high hopes for the second show if I were you, and if Ozma is doing what they did the last few times I saw them.

Of course you could argue that this is a special occasion, or that they were nearing their breakup so they were just "going through the motions" then, I don't know.  I'm just telling you what I know from the last time I saw Ozma play back-to-back nights.

Jeff42

Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 29, 2006, 12:04:25 am
I, too, am disappointed with people voting for like, Tetris.  It's a great song and all, but I'm hearing them play for reals for the first time in over a year and they are offering to play songs they haven't played since before I even had heard of them (potentially), and most votes go to their 10 most common songs?
The polls ask for your "favorite" song from each album, so why wouldn't their most popular songs be getting the most votes?

rbg916

From what I heard from the band, the second show will be different.  Not sure if 100% but substantially different.  Furthermore they will try to play at least 3 new songs.  They have 7 new songs but no time to play all.  Sorry not much details to support.

I like ozma

how do you know how many new songs they have?

as long as they play maybe in an alternate dimension im fine (but i dont think they are going to)

rbg916

Jose told me.  FYI as of today, their new drummer already knows 18 of their old songs.  Unfortunately they can't play all 18 in one day.

I like ozma

are any yes dear songs any of them?

TinTin

I personally could do without Battlescars...  I'm over it... there used to be a time when that song live gave me goosebumps, but now, I find myself heading to the bar for a beer instead... it eats up too much of their set time... instead they could totally do two songs in the same time it would take to play Battlescars. 
I'm hoping they play Los Angeles... its' always fun to bark like a dog at a concert!
-D

heysarahsarah

Quote from: I like ozma on January 29, 2006, 01:18:36 pm

Dude....come on.  I am not driving 500 miles to hear them play Yes Dear.  I don't even care if you are kidding.

No day but today.

Fantastic Max

January 30, 2006, 12:59:38 am #39 Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:06:18 am by ozmacity
In any case, I have never heard Flight of Yuri Gagarin.Ã,  Landing is constantly played, but never Flight.

First of all, that's acoustic, with dan and ryen singing the astronaut/cosmonaut thing, and the rest is the russian thing, with the news chick in the background. They might be able to pull that off, but I don't think it would be too pleasant..and then to try and lead into No One Needs to Know?...eh, unlikely.

Quote from: rbg916 on January 29, 2006, 09:58:47 am
From what I heard from the band, the second show will be different. Not sure if 100% but substantially different. Furthermore they will try to play at least 3 new songs. They have 7 new songs but no time to play all. Sorry not much details to support.

And who are you to be boasting such news?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Zombie Don Ho

QuoteFurthermore they will try to play at least 3 new songs. They have 7 new songs but no time to play all.

Is this in reference to both shows, or just the second one?

heysarahsarah

Quote from: ozmacity on January 30, 2006, 12:59:38 am
In any case, I have never heard Flight of Yuri Gagarin.  Landing is constantly played, but never Flight.

First of all, that's acoustic, with dan and ryen singing the astronaut/cosmonaut thing, and the rest is the russian thing, with the news chick in the background. They might be able to pull that off, but I don't think it would be too pleasant..and then to try and lead into No One Needs to Know?...eh, unlikely

I didn't say they should do it, just it was one of the few Ozma songs I had never seen done.

No day but today.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 30, 2006, 05:36:47 pm
I didn't say they should do it, just it was one of the few Ozma songs I had never seen done.
Oh okay.
It would be cool though, if they could pull it off, ha.
-Donkey Lips

Rome

brad

saying you've never seen "flight of yuri gagarin" live is as ridiculous as saying you've never seen "revolution no. 9" live.

oatmeal

A little(I mean alot) of exaggeration I see. I mean they actually sing in "flight of yuri gagarin". The russian chick and marching sounds would be the difficult part, but hey they have key board stuff.

david

how can you not be sick of domino effect and gameover :-\

noonchild

What's all this "It would be hard to pull off flight of yuri gagarin"?  I didn't think the women talking in the background and the marching sounds were absolutly nessecary to the song.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

I like ozma

they can march while they are on stage

Fantastic Max

Quote from: noonchild on January 31, 2006, 03:05:25 pm
What's all this "It would be hard to pull off flight of yuri gagarin"?Ã,  I didn't think the women talking in the background and the marching sounds were absolutly nessecary to the song.
They're not, but it wouldn't be the same without.
I mean I guess they could do the astronaut/cosmonaut thing, and then that's it.. that'd be nice, but still semi-lacking. I guess it'd need a nice lead-in song...like, hm...maybe........No One Needs To Know, perhaps?  :P
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Quote from: I like ozma on January 31, 2006, 09:29:48 pm
+1

Hahahahahahahahaha. That would be so gay.

I'd pay double admission to see that. And triple to make Pat come, and see him do it as well.
-Donkey Lips

brad

Quote from: ozmacity on February 01, 2006, 12:53:30 am
Quote from: I like ozma on January 31, 2006, 09:29:48 pm
+1

Hahahahahahahahaha. That would be so funny.

I'd pay double admission to see that. And triple to make Pat come, and see him do it as well.

I like ozma

hahaha, i dont think the stage would be able to handle all that

Potentially Tim

There's like  4 percent chance I'm going to the show, but everyone please vote for Lorraine.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Bullies to go on February 01, 2006, 03:21:12 pm
There's likeÃ,  4 percent chance I'm going to the show, but everyone please vote for Lorraine.
Your mom votes for Lorraine

But seriously..I think I voted for Lorraine.
-Donkey Lips

Quote from: Bullies to go on February 01, 2006, 03:21:12 pm
There's likeÃ,  4 percent chance I'm going to the show, but everyone please vote for Lorraine.

please come  :-[

did your mom really vote?

I like ozma

Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 29, 2006, 04:54:58 pm
Quote from: I like ozma on January 29, 2006, 01:18:36 pm

Dude....come on.Ã,  I am not driving 500 miles to hear them play Yes Dear.Ã,  I don't even care if you are kidding.

then dont drive.

Rome

immigration song, lorraine, rain of the golden gorilla (acoustic or studio version) and gameover acoustic would be my votes.

This makes me puke. The one time ozma will do a setlist that';s up to the fans, and all the fans are a bunch of noobs.

oh well. it's not like i'm gonne be there. tough break, Heebs. there's always fubu.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Rome on February 02, 2006, 07:08:40 pm
immigration song, lorraine, rain of the golden gorilla (acoustic or studio version) and gameover acoustic would be my votes.

This makes me puke. The one time ozma will do a setlist that';s up to the fans, and all the fans are a bunch of noobs.

oh well. it's not like i'm gonne be there. tough break, Heebs. there's always fubu.
Oh yeah..I forgot about immigration song. Nice.

And I'd also say Continental Drift..Daniel has a lotta power in that song..and I know they played it at their Irregardless show..but hey I wasn't there, so I'd like to hear it.
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

I'd just like to point out that Flight is little more than a condensed version of You Know the Story/Landing.  I think it was pretty much designed to be an album song, not a live song, and there isn't really any melodic or lyrical content that isn't found in the other two songs.

It could be played live, I just don't think there is much of a point to it, especially in a typical show.  If they played an acoustic set somewhere, possibly.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.