April 29, 2024, 03:25:20 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma with Rooney!!!!!!

Started by oatmeal, March 18, 2006, 06:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmeal

April, 8 2006 at The Glasshouse (opening for Rooney)
Pomona, CA 91766
Cost: 12

with rooney get your tickets here http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003C6ADFA095E6?artistid=838438&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Man I dont think I can go. This is awesome though. My first ozma show was with ozma, rooney, and the stray light run.

antiuser

Damn you Californians getting all the Ozma fun...  ;D

Kyosho

I didn't get it last time, and I still don't. Why is Ozma opening for Rooney? Surely it should be the other way around. Blah.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

Quote from: Kyosho on March 18, 2006, 08:06:52 pm
I didn't get it last time, and I still don't. Why is Ozma opening for Rooney? Surely it should be the other way around. Blah.

Rooney had a "hit".
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Zombie Don Ho

Rooney was also pimped on The OC.

evanismyname

Sandguy

shit. i hated seeing them with rooney. all the little screaming teenyboppers loathed ozma... of course there are a select few that found about ozma through rooney. but i guess they need publicity.

Fantastic Max

Fuck Rooney.

...with the exception of "Blue Side" and "Popstars"
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Does Rooney still have fans?  I'd imagine their fifteen minutes is probably up by now.  So it's probably not nearly as big a deal as it was back a few years ago.  Correct me if I'm way off.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

rooney should be opening for ozma

jvstin

rooney AGAIN????

man, fuck those guys. i gave rooney a chance 2 years ago. i almost went deaf because of the girl noise. the lead singer was an asshole. rooney doesn't have SHIT on ozma. fucking rooney.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

patty

Quote from: antiuser on March 18, 2006, 07:16:34 pm
Damn you Californians getting all the Ozma fun...Ã,  ;D

this might be directly connected to ozma's state of residence

antiuser

I know, I know... but I live in Seattle, and Seattleites are supposed to be bitter. Like coffee.

Not Jason

Quote from: antiuser on March 19, 2006, 12:23:45 am
I know, I know... but I live in Seattle...

Then stop bitching.  Washington's got a decent scene.
I am the baseball.

savewhatyouare

fuck. not again.

imagine, after they finish their shows with rooney..they break up again.

Cheese

I know, I know... but I live in Seattle, and Seattleites are supposed to be bitter. Like coffee.

Seattle?  Is there even a music scene there?  Personally I've never heard of one.   ;D

k24

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on March 19, 2006, 06:12:48 am

Seattle?  Is there even a music scene there?  Personally I've never heard of one.   ;D

nope.
kurt cobain put an end to that about 12 years ago.

ruddiger_718

Quote from: savewhatyouare on March 19, 2006, 01:49:06 am
fuck. not again.

imagine, after they finish their shows with rooney..they break up again.

I am still convinced that it was Ronney's fault that Ozma broke up that summer.

Sandguy

hey, hey. come on now. ben gibbard is one of god's gifts sent to seattle to do his bidding.

anyway, i do think that the teenybopper rooney revolution has probably fizzled out somewhat after the last two years. i think they have moved on to the click five, all american rejects, or something.

oatmeal

March 19, 2006, 11:20:39 am #19 Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:27:27 am by oatmeal
Hey rooney makes some good songs. Some are a little poppy but listen to their new stuff on myspace they got alot better.Ã,  Rooney is awesome. Just listen to the new stuff on myspace then speak. Besides rooney did not post it on thier site. The site said they had a secert concert. But ozma posted this on thier myspace page. This should probally even out the fans.

Quote from: Sandguy on March 19, 2006, 10:59:16 am
anyway, i do think that the teenybopper rooney revolution has probably fizzled out somewhat after the last two years. i think they have moved on to the click five, all american rejects, or something.

I like ozma

i wouldnt mind hearing rooney play blueside and if it were up to me

Swiz0r

i think ozma should open for ozma, because then it would be like two ozma concerts in one.

I like ozma

Kyosho

Quote from: Sandguy on March 18, 2006, 10:44:30 pm
shit. i hated seeing them with rooney. all the little screaming teenyboppers loathed ozma...

Same here. At the only Ozma concert I went to, I had to deal with tons of moronic teen girls. Rude little bitches, they were. Insulting Ozma, etc.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

jvstin

i just might have to slap some bitches if they provoke me.

anyways, i'm going regardless of rooney.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

oatmeal

i would go just for rooney possibly

RaRPT

heh I remember when I saw Ozma with Rooney, and the place practically emptied after Ozma finished.

I like ozma

Fantastic Max

I thought you said *Satellites.
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Yeah, that "last show" at the Wiltern was terrible..I mean Ozma played well..but they only playe dlike 5 or 6 songs, and there was only a handful of Ozmafans.

I stayed for Rooney, but it was like "Eh..".Ã,  Just noise, really.

I was, however, able to buy the Korobeiniki 7" vinyl..which I was uber-ly suprised they had out in the lobby.
-Donkey Lips