April 29, 2024, 02:15:38 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

The Rentals/Ozma US Summer Tour

Started by Brady, June 06, 2006, 06:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geektheindierocker

I just purchased a solo ticket to the NY show, should be interesting. I'll trying to convince some friends to go.

joshbdork

Quote from: Marm on June 11, 2006, 12:03:19 am
Quote from: joshbdork on June 10, 2006, 10:35:15 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on June 09, 2006, 11:18:30 pm
Quote from: joshbdork on June 09, 2006, 11:07:05 pm
all i see in this thread is pure shit. these bands are going on tour once again. lets be excited and not sad they arent playing in our backyards. if you are truely a huge fan you will make it to the shows. if you cant make it to the shows you will still see and hear bootlegs, so be excited as well.

Oh, okay, being a true fan means you have disposable income and a flexable schedule.  For a moment there I thought it had something to do with sincere appreciation of one's art or something like that.  Thanks for the correction.  I've made huge tirps before to see bands.  I obviously can't compete with people who flew crosscountry to see Ozma or GUK shows, but I mean, I've traveled for 8 solid hours to see band's many a time.  I've ridden busses and tried to navigate confusing train systems on my own.  And yeah, most the times I did that it was because the bands playing were particularly important to me, but it's also reflective of where I was financially at the time and things of that matter.  I'm more desperate for shows than I've ever been this past year, but this is also my first year of attempted financial independence.  They aren't exactly compatible.

And honestly, I'd rather a show not happen than have a show happen and not be able to go to it.  Bootlegs are pretty bittersweet.
maybe some of us take it to different extremes, but im on my own, been in debt and still found ways to travel far distances to make shows. im not saying only real fans will go the extra step, even if it may have come out that way. Im just saying 99% of the time you can find a way to mow a few lawns or anything like that and make it happen. I think its really shitty when people get all upset because they have to drive 3 hours to a show and things like that.

how old are you?  honest question.

I am 20 years old and currently attending Truman State University in Missouri

noonchild

Quote from: joshbdork on June 13, 2006, 02:55:25 pm

Geez, she just wanted your age, not your life story!
The light cast dark shadows all around me

joshbdork

life story? nah that was just a meaningliess fact or two. If you want a life story I can type it up

Not Jason

I may only be 3 years older than you, but i was in a much different place financially when I was in college than I am now.  When I was in college, I payed for stuff, but money mostly came from elsewhere.  Now I'm expected to actually pay it back.  It puts a lot more strain on me financially.  When I was 20, I made boston trips constantly.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Cheese

all i see in this thread is pure shit. these bands are going on tour once again. lets be excited and not sad they arent playing in our backyards. if you are truely a huge fan you will make it to the shows. if you cant make it to the shows you will still see and hear bootlegs, so be excited as well.

Oh, okay, being a true fan means you have disposable income and a flexable schedule.Ã,  For a moment there I thought it had something to do with sincere appreciation of one's art or something like that.Ã,  Thanks for the correction.Ã,  I've made huge tirps before to see bands.Ã,  I obviously can't compete with people who flew crosscountry to see Ozma or GUK shows, but I mean, I've traveled for 8 solid hours to see band's many a time.Ã,  I've ridden busses and tried to navigate confusing train systems on my own.Ã,  And yeah, most the times I did that it was because the bands playing were particularly important to me, but it's also reflective of where I was financially at the time and things of that matter.Ã,  I'm more desperate for shows than I've ever been this past year, but this is also my first year of attempted financial independence.Ã,  They aren't exactly compatible.

And honestly, I'd rather a show not happen than have a show happen and not be able to go to it.Ã,  Bootlegs are pretty bittersweet.
maybe some of us take it to different extremes, but im on my own, been in debt and still found ways to travel far distances to make shows. im not saying only real fans will go the extra step, even if it may have come out that way. Im just saying 99% of the time you can find a way to mow a few lawns or anything like that and make it happen. I think its really shitty when people get all upset because they have to drive 3 hours to a show and things like that.

how old are you?Ã,  honest question.

Do you know Liz? (I have a feeling you do)  She used to come in here but now she has a life or something.  I'm like 50 miles from where you go to school.

Samuel <3 OZMA

June 13, 2006, 09:42:51 pm #66 Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:00:16 pm by Not Jason
Quote from: joshbdork on June 13, 2006, 05:32:33 pm
life story? nah that was just a meaningliess fact or two. If you want a life story I can type it up

Do it please!!!!!Ã,  But post something about Ozma so it doesn't get modded!

(and you can type "fuck" as much as you want 'cause mods don't care!!)

mod edit:  i bolded "ozma" to make you more on topic. - jason

bulb dylan

Quote from: Bob511 on June 09, 2006, 11:31:29 pm
Quote from: joshbdork on June 09, 2006, 11:07:05 pmif you are truely a huge fan you will make it to the shows.

I'd rather a show not happen than have a show happen and not be able to go to it.

It's like the World Heavyweight Championship of ridiculous opinions.

Says you. This is hardly the title card.

joshbdork

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on June 13, 2006, 07:51:10 pm

Oh, okay, being a true fan means you have disposable income and a flexable schedule.  For a moment there I thought it had something to do with sincere appreciation of one's art or something like that.  Thanks for the correction.  I've made huge tirps before to see bands.  I obviously can't compete with people who flew
crosscountry to see Ozma or GUK shows, but I mean, I've traveled for 8 solid hours to see band's many a time.  I've ridden busses and tried to navigate confusing train systems on my own.  And yeah, most the times I did that it was because the bands playing were particularly important to me, but it's also reflective of where I was financially at the time and things of that matter.  I'm more desperate for shows than I've ever been this past year, but this is also my first year of attempted financial independence.  They aren't exactly compatible.

And honestly, I'd rather a show not happen than have a show happen and not be able to go to it.  Bootlegs are pretty bittersweet.

how old are you?  honest question.

Do you know Liz? (I have a feeling you do)  She used to come in here but now she has a life or something.  I'm like 50 miles from where you go to school.

I don't know liz, should I? Also where do you live

savewhatyouare

hermano! as in "heeyyyy hermanooo" :laugh:

parker

Casey, is Minneapolis or Chicago closer?

Cheese

June 22, 2006, 03:12:22 pm #71 Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:13:44 pm by Casey L. Carr
Quote from: ReKRAP on June 21, 2006, 08:01:19 pm
Casey, is Minneapolis or Chicago closer?

Chicago 283 miles.
Minneapolis 392 miles.

Jordan

i bought a ticket the other day to the NYC show! wooo! who else is going to the nyc show?

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

Not Jason

Quote from: JordanInHelsinki on June 22, 2006, 07:00:13 pm
i bought a ticket the other day to the NYC show! wooo! who else is going to the nyc show?

-JordanÃ,  :)

i bought a ticket to the NYC show.  HOPEFULLY, I'll be going to that one and the DC one.
I am the baseball.

Jordan

Quote from: Not Jason on June 23, 2006, 03:27:13 am
Quote from: JordanInHelsinki on June 22, 2006, 07:00:13 pm

i bought a ticket to the NYC show.  HOPEFULLY, I'll be going to that one and the DC one.

awesome.

-Jordan :)
you're as cold as ice.

Brady

My tickets to the August 2nd show in Milwaukee just arrived.   TEH YIPPYA!

itsosimpo

June 24, 2006, 10:16:27 am #76 Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:18:56 am by itsosimpo
ticketmaster.com includes a bunch of fees that i don't think i want to pay. idk there's a text field missing for buyers to input their zip code after viewing the total price....i'm not really allowed to buy things via the EEEENNnternet using the plastic anyhow. should i buy mine at the door? i may resort to the mall for my tix. i don't drive and i need to do something for my parent's wedding anniversary...i would feel badly if i did that tho, cos it'd be like "MOMMY CAN YOU DRIVE ME TO THE MALL TO POSSIBLY BUY YOU AND DADDY AN ANNIVERSARY GIFT???????" especially since i'm 19. :-[

purpose being: what's the difference in price between the three options?
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

itsosimpo

ok i've decided that i'll wait until the day of the show to buy my ticket and spend the entire day in los angeles in case they sell out quickly during nighttime. venues usually always save a few tickets to be sold at the door don't they?
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

Jordan

Quote from: itsosimpo on June 24, 2006, 10:22:02 am
ok i've decided that i'll wait until the day of the show to buy my ticket and spend the entire day in los angeles in case they sell out quickly during nighttime. venues usually always save a few tickets to be sold at the door don't they?

not always. it depends on the venue. and sadly as ive learned even if they say they do, they dont. bastards.

you're as cold as ice.

Not Jason

Quote from: JordanInHelsinki on June 25, 2006, 06:00:41 pm

not always. it depends on the venue. and sadly as ive learned even if they say they do, they dont. bastards.

-JordanÃ,  :)

Yeah, that's pretty much a retarded plan.  I don't understand the logic behind it in the slightest.
I am the baseball.

Ianny

I cannot wait for the Irving Plaza show.  Live Ozma!  For the first time in forever, live Ozma!  Yaaaaaaaaaaay!  :banana:
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

itsosimpo

wait, youre joking?
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

itsosimpo

June 27, 2006, 11:17:54 am #82 Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:22:54 am by itsosimpo
Quote from: Not Jason on June 26, 2006, 03:36:29 am

Yeah, that's pretty much a retarded plan.  I don't understand the logic behind it in the slightest.

what kind of mod says that?!? ugh. boiz.
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

funwithsponges

I think his point was that Ozma in their hometown is probably likely to sell out.  Combine that with the fact that they are playing with The Rentals, and you should find a way to buy tickets before the show.

And since it sounds like you don't actually live in LA (you said "I've deicded I'm just going to spend the whole day in LA"), you could be wasting an entire day/gas/etc.

Not Jason

June 27, 2006, 12:19:32 pm #84 Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:21:18 pm by Not Jason
Plus, I just don't see the benefit other than saving some minor amount on a service charge.Ã,  It's kind of tough to say, considering there is really no precedent for a Rentals come-back, but that seems to me like the sort of thing that would sell out.Ã,  Ozma's sold out shows on their own before, and The Rentals are indisputably a bigger draw than Ozma, what with their direct connections to Weezer, a group that has sold out arena's in less than 15 minutes.Ã,  Now obviously The Rentals can't sell out arena's in less than 15 minutes, but I'd guess they can, at the least, still fill a club no problem.
I am the baseball.

Ianny

Just got my ticket for the NYC show.  Hope to see some folks there!
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Not Jason

Quote from: default_anon on June 27, 2006, 09:37:25 pm
Does anyone have any information on the August 15th show? The Rentals site originally listed Ozma on the bill, but now it doesn't... Ozma's site doesn't list the show. But I already bought tickets..Ã,  :-\

My brother might want the tickets, but if Ozma really is playing I don't want to give them away.

Thanks.

My guess is that, if neither site lists them as being on the bill, they probably aren't.  The Rentals probably initially thought they were, but then changed it when they learned otherwise.

I'd recomend going to see The Rentals though.  This is a very rare opportunity to see a band that probably had a pretty big influence on Ozma.
I am the baseball.

Ade

Bought my tickets for Milwaukee today. w00t.

tom

I don't think I want to go to NYC, I just can't stand the city. Still don't get why they are skipping whole markets (and pretty big ones I should add).

itsosimpo

oh yeah i forgot, (ozma + rentals) @ home = sold out show. but seriously though, 7.60 for a convenience charge? i think that's more than minimum wage.
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!